Bills are the Boston Celtics of the NFL. And don't sleep on Andre Holmes

So I'm watching week 8 Red Zone replay on NFL Network. It was the Raiders game, at home.  We were definitely the less talented team, but definitely the more prepared and focused as far as the fundamentals of the game.

Hausch Money causing a fumble for example,shows me that coaching smartly instilled and took time on the D and ST forcing fumbles,it's a game changing play after all  , tackling and assignments clearly being better executed better by Buffalo.

The details, intangibles and team work were impeccable by Buffalo against superior talent and they get a comfortable Win.

A limited Tyrod is throwing to Zay, Matthews And Andre Holmes (who got his 3rd TD and made a cpl impressive catches) , who I still have hopes could be effective , did he get injured at some point? He has potential for real.  

Besides Shady , who imo is the best player on the field, period, we were outmatched but we're coached right and play as one, it was too easy of a Win.

Anyway, to me , coaching clearly won this game comfortably and New Era is officially back as one of the tougher stadiums to win in.

Just like Boston, with perceived limited talent, they are using superior coaching , like they did all year, to win the majority of games, focusing on the basics and intagibles of the game, something McD preaches consistently and I love it.

Overall imo we improved from last year , besides OL , we're better or equal at every other group and we still have the X Factor on the sideline, a guy I feel will be around a Long Long time. So don't be surprised if we improve on our record , despite the mainly low expectations from most of the football community. AJ or if Allen beats him out, will be as good or better at QB. 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ClemsonBills said:

Holmes has been mediocre to below average everywhere he’s been.

Also, the Boston Celtics are very talented. They will be playing in the Eastern Conference Finals. I doubt the Bills make the AFC Championship this year...

Before this year, with no Kyrie, Hayward, if u we're to say Boston would be in Finals, that'd sound crazy. 

Talented,yes but the coaching and discipline instilled is the key to their success.

Before the year nobody even knew of Rozier,Brown and Tatum being studs. Their team first mentality was instilled since off-season and is paying off big right now

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ClemsonBills said:

Holmes has been mediocre to below average everywhere he’s been.

Also, the Boston Celtics are very talented. They will be playing in the Eastern Conference Finals. I doubt the Bills make the AFC Championship this year...

To make the eastern conference finals, I wouldn’t call them very talented.  Not compared to philly.  Tatum is a future superstar imo, but not there yet and Horford is very reliable.  Rozier is one of my favorite players, but he’s not a star, very solid.  Brown is a great athlete that is still just average in skill set.  Smart can’t play a lick of O.  Baynes is an effective bruiser. Morris is a nice 6th man fit for this team as he can score, but he is trash on D.  Larkin is trash 100%.  Ojeleyes best days are ahead of him. 

Kyrie and Hayward are the stars and they won’t be playing at all.  Stevens IS the driving force behind this Celtic team.  There is no doubt about that.  He’s a tremendous coach and imo, will win titles in the future if they get rid of Kyrie and get some impact players in return.  Kyrie is a star when he’s on the court won his title the year he was healthy.....but he’s rarely healthy.  Knee injury after knee injury.  It’s taking its toll.  I’d get rid of him while they can get impact players for him.  Players that will play during the playoffs instead of watching while being broken

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

To make the eastern conference finals, I wouldn’t call them very talented.  Not compared to philly.  Tatum is a future superstar imo, but not there yet and Horford is very reliable.  Rozier is one of my favorite players, but he’s not a star, very solid.  Brown is a great athlete that is still just average in skill set.  Smart can’t play a lick of O.  Baynes is an effective bruiser. Morris is a nice 6th man fit for this team as he can score, but he is trash on D.  Larkin is trash 100%.  Ojeleyes best days are ahead of him. 

Kyrie and Hayward are the stars and they won’t be playing at all.  Stevens IS the driving force behind this Celtic team.  There is no doubt about that.  He’s a tremendous coach and imo, will win titles in the future if they get rid of Kyrie and get some impact players in return.  Kyrie is a star when he’s on the court won his title the year he was healthy.....but he’s rarely healthy.  Knee injury after knee injury.  It’s taking its toll.  I’d get rid of him while they can get impact players for him.  Players that will play during the playoffs instead of watching while being broken

Coaching only gets you so far. You still gotta score, like every other sport. Boston’s stars are our sure, but their talent runs deep to be where they are. Stevens is a great coach, but great coaches know they are only as good as their players. **See Bill Belichick 4/5 losing seasons in Cleveland. 

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

So I'm watching week 8 Red Zone replay on NFL Network. It was the Raiders game, at home.  We were definitely the less talented team, but definitely the more prepared and focused as far as the fundamentals of the game.

Hausch Money causing a fumble for example,shows me that coaching smartly instilled and took time on the D and ST forcing fumbles,it's a game changing play after all  , tackling and assignments clearly being better executed better by Buffalo.

The details, intangibles and team work were impeccable by Buffalo against superior talent and they get a comfortable Win.

A limited Tyrod is throwing to Zay, Matthews And Andre Holmes (who got his 3rd TD and made a cpl impressive catches) , who I still have hopes could be effective , did he get injured at some point? He has potential for real.  

Besides Shady , who imo is the best player on the field, period, we were outmatched but we're coached right and play as one, it was too easy of a Win.

Anyway, to me , coaching clearly won this game comfortably and New Era is officially back as one of the tougher stadiums to win in.

Just like Boston, with perceived limited talent, they are using superior coaching , like they did all year, to win the majority of games, focusing on the basics and intagibles of the game, something McD preaches consistently and I love it.

Overall imo we improved from last year , besides OL , we're better or equal at every other group and we still have the X Factor on the sideline, a guy I feel will be around a Long Long time. So don't be surprised if we improve on our record , despite the mainly low expectations from most of the football community. AJ or if Allen beats him out, will be as good or better at QB. 

Our O-line was problematic last year already, we lose 3 starters who all happen to be our best players on the unit, we have an even worse WR corps, we have the least experienced QB group in the league throwing to them, and from this draft only a handful of picks will make the roster. 

The defense improved on paper, but an injury or 2 could easily derail the entire thing. Same goes for most positions on this roster. We have almost no depth whatsoever. And man, heaven help us if Benjamin goes down (like he's known to do)...Our WR's would be (currently on roster)-

- Quan Bray

- Kaelin Clay

- Malachi Dupre

- Andre Holmes

- Zay Jones

- Jermey Kerley

- Ray-Ray McCloud

- Austin Proehl

- Brandon Reilly

- Rod Streater

That group is AWFUL. 

Maybe in 2-3 more years with more drafts under our belt we'll be comparable to the Celtics, but this year? This is the true year 1 of McDermott's tenure.

8 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Our O-line was problematic last year already, we lose 3 starters who all happen to be our best players on the unit, we have an even worse WR corps, we have the least experienced QB group in the league throwing to them, and from this draft only a handful of picks will make the roster. 

The defense improved on paper, but an injury or 2 could easily derail the entire thing. Same goes for most positions on this roster. We have almost no depth whatsoever. And man, heaven help us if Benjamin goes down (like he's known to do)...Our WR's would be (currently on roster)-

- Quan Bray

- Kaelin Clay

- Malachi Dupre

- Andre Holmes

- Zay Jones

- Jermey Kerley

- Ray-Ray McCloud

- Austin Proehl

- Brandon Reilly

- Rod Streater

That group is AWFUL. 

Maybe in 2-3 more years with more drafts under our belt we'll be comparable to the Celtics, but this year? This is the true year 1 of McDermott's tenure.

lots of potential there. Who is the new Receivers Coach btw ?

• Like (+1) 1

If The Bills are the Boston Celtics who are the Brooklyn Nets team that we can rip off for multiple premium 1st round picks for aging players towards the extreme back end of their careers? I think Holmes could have a nice year but I wouldn't count on it. Holmes is a good player to have as a 5th WR on the roster. Lots of potential physically, he is willing to play special teams and is productive on that end. Could step up if there is an injury too. But right now I can't say with any confidence he is going to be a player for the team. 

I honestly would love to see the Bills trade a late round pick for Seth Roberts from Oakland if Roberts falls out with the acquisitions they made there. Roberts is a nice player and with Cooper, Jordy, and Bryant there now he could be an odd man out. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Before this year, with no Kyrie, Hayward, if u we're to say Boston would be in Finals, that'd sound crazy. 

Talented,yes but the coaching and discipline instilled is the key to their success.

Before the year nobody even knew of Rozier,Brown and Tatum being studs. Their team first mentality was instilled since off-season and is paying off big right now

Celts have loads of young talent, and quite possibly the best coach in the NBA.  I love the optimism, but the Bills have neither of those.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

- Quan Bray

- Kaelin Clay

- Malachi Dupre

- Andre Holmes

- Zay Jones

- Jermey Kerley

- Ray-Ray McCloud

- Austin Proehl

- Brandon Reilly

- Rod Streater

That group is AWFUL. 

Well I see your point clearly, but based on their performance in year one , I can see 9-10 wins , next year we'll be legit contenders but I think we did good this off-season and have more depth than we get credit for.

Defense- DL- loses Zero impact players.  Add 3 potential impact players, imo , in Murphy, the rookie and Star (his stats won't show his impact on this scheme). 

LB - Loses One impact player. Adds 1 impact player. If Available, Edmunds is going to make Preston look like an amateur. Hopefully Milano and Vallejo progress.

DB - Loses One impact player. Adds 2 impact players. Davis is a perfect fit. Heady, aggressive , pro bowl corner in a simple scheme, don't be surprised to see a Pro Bowl Davis. Gaines is just not available enough. And one of Bush (underrated signing) and one of the two rookies can definitely have impacts.

We had injuries last year, they said the same negative comments. The team overcame it.

I'll do the offense later but depth is improved over last year on a 9 win team , on Defense at least.

As far as WR, we lost zero impact guys imo. Thompson was very unreliable.

If KB is healthy, that instantly bolsters the WR corps big time. RB is improved. OL is worrisome but there's a nice mix of vets and younger guys, hopefully they get as a unit.

Things overall look better than last year and we won 9. I don't think we should lower our expectations based on the same arguments we were making last Off Season!!

This staff is the real deal.

• Like (+1) 1