Eric Wood looking thin!

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I see it a lot with offensive lineman.

my buddy played football at 6’3 315...

he retired and is probably 6’3 250 now... but yea it’s body type for sure

He stayed 6’3?

Intermittent Fasting will help get his height down. 

Didn’t Brad Culpepper, Buccaneer DT from years ago, drop a tonne and compete in survivor. I think he had a column on weight loss being necessary, as it’s not normal to be comparatively, THAT big

On a a side note, same as the Super Heavy Weight lifters, Taranenko looks way different then his world record days. Not that he was a ‘fat’ Super, but I met Pisarenko at the 2000 Olympics and he still looked sharp. Dean Lukin ways maybe 200lbs. 

8 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Gettting big has nothing to do with working out. It has to do with how many calories you put in your body.

If someone works out the same way but doesnt eat the number of calories they do they will be much smaller. People can do the exact same workout and one person can be body builder big and the other can in shape but not really big. It has to do with calories. Also genetics but more so calories.

This should be common sense but apparently not.

And the training type. Noticed how different an Olympic Weightlifter v Powerlifter v Bodybuilders physique look... (not including aftermarket upgrades ?

...how different the quads of a bike- sprinter look to the road guys.

5 hours ago, dpberr said:

Fridge has GBS. Frontline treatment is corticosteroids. The combination of that disease plus that medication makes weight loss nearly impossible.

I’m thinking it’s the Barre type for GBS And not GroupB strep type, I take it? 

6 hours ago, Shamrock said:

Didn’t Brad Culpepper, Buccaneer DT from years ago, drop a tonne and compete in survivor. I think he had a column on weight loss being necessary, as it’s not normal to be comparatively, THAT big

On a a side note, same as the Super Heavy Weight lifters, Taranenko looks way different then his world record days. Not that he was a ‘fat’ Super, but I met Pisarenko at the 2000 Olympics and he still looked sharp. Dean Lukin ways maybe 200lbs. 

And the training type. Noticed how different an Olympic Weightlifter v Powerlifter v Bodybuilders physique look... (not including aftermarket upgrades ?

...how different the quads of a bike- sprinter look to the road guys.

I’m thinking it’s the Barre type for GBS And not GroupB strep type, I take it? 

AFAIK, he has GBS without the strep complication.  My purpose of posting that was to explain that Fridge may not necessarily be able to lose weight like other retired players can. The disease attacks nerves, reducing mobility and the medications used to treat it - such as long term steroid use- often encourage weight gain. Steroids in particular are often an unwanted entry into other diseases like diabetes.  Not only are unable to exercise and move like you used to, but you're also putting on weight at the same time.  

I credit all the former players that in many regards, get healthier after playing.  You're "old" in the NFL if you're 34 but in real life, you're in the younger, prime years of your life.  

how has no one mentioned steroids?

im big (6'4" ~260) and not fat (say 15% bf or so).  I tore a biceps a few years ago, my arm and shoulder went polio small after surgery, did a bunch of rehab, and i got right back up to my original size, and bigger since.  now, my arm was tiny, and my shoulder too, but the rest of my body didn't just suddenly shrink, even tho i wasn't lifting or eating much.

so why did this happen to me and not to all these players who shrunk?  hmmmmmmmmm.

Just now, GG said:

You can't mention the umentionable

ok, i missed this.  someone did mention it!

23 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

That’s what football does to you...

when you work out 6 days a week for professional football you get huge, especially for a lineman 

when you retire, and you stop working out like a pro football player you lose your football weight 

Getting big is all about how many calories you take in.

He must have drastically reduced his calories the past few months

4 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Getting big is all about how many calories you take in.

He must have drastically reduced his calories the past few months

I already added that a few posts down. You need calories while working out though 

eating only 6,000 calories a day doenst get you in NFL shape, you need to be in the weight room as well

NFL and college players live in a weight room all offseason

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I already added that a few posts down. You need calories while working out though 

eating only 6,000 calories a day doenst get you in NFL shape, you need to be in the weight room as well

NFL and college players live in a weight room all offseason

For sure, they definitely go hand in hand 

22 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Speaking of offensive linemen, it's always funny to me that one of the best Bills players of all time and consistently great O-linemen Reuben Brown is often forgotten and overlooked, simply because of the Bills teams he played on.

- 8 consecutive Pro Bowls for the Bills from 1996-2003 (9 times overall)

- 4 time All-Pro team

- Started all 181 games he played in

The guy was a beast, but he was after the Kelly era, and not around for long after the playoff drought began, so he doesn't get as much talk as other Bills linemen. Just felt I should do my duty and remind people of his greatness :)

Ruben with Ted Washington and Donald Jones (and Matt Kabel) at the NYCBBB Draft Party:
31416957_10213931799362280_6778210484811

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

5 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Ruben with Ted Washington and Donald Jones (and Matt Kabel) at the NYCBBB Draft Party:
31416957_10213931799362280_6778210484811

It looks like Ted Washington and Ruben Brown lost some weight. What were their responses to the picks? 

18 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It looks like Ted Washington and Ruben Brown lost some weight. What were their responses to the picks? 

I wasn't there - I was in Dallas.  Matt posted this on FB.

I just have to believe that almost every one of these guys are on PEDs to keep up the muscle mass.  No doubt calorie intake and weight training changes.  But the average size of NFL lineman has increased dramatically in 30 years. Evolution doesnt happen that quickly. PEDs alone can not produce these changes but I don't tjink even these elite athletes can add this much muscle without help.

On 5/6/2018 at 1:00 PM, YoloinOhio said:

It always amazes me how some of the OL look like different people after they stop training for football 

PS no Richie this year. Wonder how he’s doing.

...prolly down to 198......can do Weight Watchers commercials with Marino........empty wallet helps.............