Mike Gillislee in danger of not making Patriots roster

19 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Remember when so many here were losing their minds over a backup RB and assumed he would be a star in NE? That was fun.

I think that thread cracked 100 pages :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

What happened to him? What a drop off

I never thought he was great by any means but I always thought he was a solid backup 

I don't necessarily trust Belicheck in personnel evaluations. Particularly at RB where he seems more than willing to go by committee and randomly plays guys here or there. Then throw in the Butler benching and I question him even more.   Maybe he  was hoping Gillislee would be a primary ball carrier for them. And when they realized he wouldn't be that they preferred other options as their secondary backs? I would be willing to take a chance on him backing up McCoy again.

17 minutes ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

I think it was a case of one fumble too many at the wrong time and in the wrong game.  BB has a long memory when it comes to TOs. If you can't hold onto the ball you sit and watch those who can. Not a bad philosophy if you ask me.

He fumbled once, against the Jets.  But Bellyache played him the next 2 games.

11 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Remember when Mike Gillislee had more TDs than the Buffalo Bills for the first 3-4 weeks of the season?

No.  I remember it being just 2-1/2 days. 

49 minutes ago, DJB said:

Once he's cut bring him back. It be nice to win something  over the Pats.

A taste of their own medicine  

How would this be a win...signing a player another team cut? Do you think they would care if we signed him?

Edited by nucci

I love me some Mikey G...but he was a very poor fit for what they did in New England, and I assume that Daboll will bring those concepts over. He is also pretty useless on special teams (especially KOR) and I think your third back needs to be able to help there. 

He should go to LA and be Melvin Gordon's backup and reunite with Anthony Lynn.

Edited by MrEpsYtown

Gillislee is an effective backup running back, but does not contribute on special teams.  The lack of a special teams contribution may have contributed to the failure of the Bills to match NE's offer, and to the possibility of his release by the Patriots, that and the fact that NE is up to their eyeballs in running backs.  It may still be a hindrance to Buffalo resigning him now.

Edited by TigerJ