RUMOR: (no source) Dez Bryant to visit Bills on Monday 5/7

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Perhaps we can find some agreement if I put it this way:

If I'm a 29 yr old former great WR looking to prove I still have it, am I looking to go somewhere with a raw prospect rookie and a guy who last started a game in 2015 (where he threw for avg 191 ypg in his 4 starts)?  Or am I looking to go to a QB who has actually shown me what he can do?

I understand that and I already acknowledged that earlier in my aforementioned post. I think of Alshon Jeffery going to Philly, he wanted a prove it deal and Wentz hadn't proven jack diddly at that point.

Just don't pretend that we have EJ Manuel at QB. People that think you can't name 5 teams with worse QB situations are trolls and sniff glue.

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I understand that and I already acknowledged that earlier in my aforementioned post. I think of Alshon Jeffery going to Philly, he wanted a prove it deal and Wentz hadn't proven jack diddly at that point.

Just don't pretend that we have EJ Manuel at QB. People that think you can't name 5 teams with worse QB situations are trolls and sniff glue.

No one is "pretending" we have EJ Manuel at QB.  Please don't respond to views the person you're addressing has not stated.

I'd like to understand who you feel are those 5 teams with (on paper) worse QB situations this year? 

I hope McCarron lights it up and Allen exceeds expectations, but right now Allen is regarded by his dearest fans as a QB who needs development.  McCarron hasn't started a game since 2015 and averaged 191 ypg then, throwing to AJ Green and Sanu and Eifert behind a very capable OL.

7 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

According to several sources Dez Bryant is set to visit the bills on Monday and may sign a 1 year deal. 

Fyi, OP, for not staying with and contributing to a Thread you start AND posting a nefarious rumor thread with no link, if this turns out to be as bogus as it appears, you’ll be sidelined for a spell.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No one is "pretending" we have EJ Manuel at QB.  Please don't respond to views the person you're addressing has not stated.

I'd like to understand who you feel are those 5 teams with (on paper) worse QB situations this year? 

I hope McCarron lights it up and Allen exceeds expectations, but right now Allen is regarded by his dearest fans as a QB who needs development.  McCarron hasn't started a game since 2015 and averaged 191 ypg then, throwing to AJ Green and Sanu and Eifert behind a very capable OL.

So you didn't even read the thread then? Did you just skip the first 2 pages? Once again, this has already been discussed.

7 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

According to several sources Dez Bryant is set to visit the bills on Monday and may sign a 1 year deal. 

Name three .... I raise the BS flag on this one. Dez is everything this team has gotten rid of. The brain trust at OBD don't want a prima donna of that scale within 100 miles of the Bills locker room.

• Like (+1) 1

If he does visit it will be a gauge for him to know the bottom of his market value if offered a contract....

Dont really care for the guy... but I think his value is around $8M per...

some team may may give him a 1 yr $10M....

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s a rumor, not a fact. I do think there may be some different considerations when drafting a qb of the future/face of the franchise and signing a wr to a 1-year deal.

Didn’t realize it was just a rumor (we

will likely never know), but there are clear character considerations that have obviously been taken since the duo arrived. You don’t trade away guys like Sammy and Dareus, and proceed to pick up a nutcase like Dez. It isn’t happening, regardless of the fact that he isn’t a franchise QB. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

6 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Name three .... I raise the BS flag on this one. Dez is everything this team has gotten rid of. The brain trust at OBD don't want a prima donna of that scale within 100 miles of the Bills locker room.

Yes, Dez never has been, nor ever will be on their radar. 

I want as many throws to Benjamin  and Jones as possible. Find out if Benjamin can stay healthy for a new contract , and Jones who tried to play hurt all last season.

Dez is not even a shell of the player that he once was. If he were even to consider a short-term deal with the Bills that should tell you all that you need to know about his market. You take prove it deals with established star QBs that can elevate your market next year. The Bills offer opportunity but it isn’t a good fit for either side. I can’t see this as an option. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Dez is not even a shell of the player that he once was. If he were even to consider a short-term deal with the Bills that should tell you all that you need to know about his market. You take prove it deals with established star QBs that can elevate your market next year. The Bills offer opportunity but it isn’t a good fit for either side. I can’t see this as an option. 

What star QBs do you see that need Bryant? Maybe these teams have loaded rosters and don't need Bryant's services.

40 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Hard to believe this to be true when McBeane didn’t even have Rosen or Mayfield on their draft board. It’s not happening. 

So you are basing your position on conjecture and fallacies?

I highly doubt Dez comes here, but at least it's based in the fact we dont offer the guy a shot at increasing his value. Dez wants a one year prove it deal.

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Dez serms like a lunch pail, humble McBeane type  guy..

How's his motor?