RUMOR: (no source) Dez Bryant to visit Bills on Monday 5/7

4 hours ago, The Red King said:

"In related news, the Keebler Elves are being signed to a one-year deal to replace the Buffalo Jills.  While not acting as cheerleaders, they will boost crowd morale by baking them cookies."  :lol:

...sorry, I need some sort of source for news before I give it serious consideration.

At a Bills game I would honestly prefer free cookies over free milk *rimshot*

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Bills GM Brandon Beane said the team won't pursue free agent Dez Bryant.     Apr 28 - 7:52 PM

Beane said the Bills watched Bryant "on tape" but won't pursue the free agent any further. "If we thought that was the right fit for us, we definitely would potentially pursue it," Beane continued. Bryant reportedly turned down a multi-year contract from the Ravens recently and continues to seek out a one-year, prove-it deal.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5558/dez-bryant

Well that should end it

I have no info on whether a visit is happening, but this is more recent (May 4) than the  Beane comments earlier in the thread:

With a possibly dire outlook on the receiver group, Beane was asked about free agent options. As usual, he provided a small glimpse of his thought process, and mentions one notable player by name.

“Dez [Bryant] is a very good player. Is he the same player he was five years ago? Probably not, but he can still play in this league and still help a team. I’ve never personally met Dez, so we would have to bring him in and visit him and see if he was a fit,” said Beane.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/5/4/17318552/buffalo-bills-general-manager-brandon-beane-talks-free-agent-wide-receivers

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

I don't believe it until it comes form "sources deep within..."

Where's Dunkirk Don when we need him?

Even if there was any truth to this, I do not think it would be in the Bills best interest. He is not who he was as a player, he has cancerous tendencies both on and off the field, in general, I don't think he fits the type of player that the Bills need or want.

. . . It looks and smells (movie theater popcorn-ish) much like when Terrell Owens came to Buffalo--and how'd that work out?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Name five teams that have a worse QB situation than us. I’m not trying to be a dick, I’m just looking at it through the eyes of an everyday football fan. 

Then don’t be.

People can find what they need to in any scenario. You may look at it as the Bills having an uncertain QB situation whereas someone else may view it as a great spot w  the next young great QB.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

3 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Giants

Cardinals

Browns

Ravens

Bears

Bengals

Broncos

Jaguars

EDIT: There's a couple other teams over the next 2-3 years that I think we can surpass, this is just for right now, today.

Man-Laughing-Funny-Gif-Image.gif

6 hours ago, Adam727 said:

I'm going to guess this is not legit.  

It wouldn't make sense for either side.  What benefit do the Bills get from using salary cap space to sign Dez to a 1 year contract?  Is he the missing piece that'll get the Bills back into the playoffs this year?   And what sort of sense does it make for Dez? Are the 2018 Buffalo Bills the best fit for Dez if he wants to go somewhere on a 1 year prove-it deal to cash in next year?  Bad idea for everyone involved!

The only way a 1 yr deal would make sense, is to bring in a WR familiar with the offense and route trees Daboll wants to run, to help teach them.

We also need a WR who is proven to be able to gain separation and catch.

I don't think Bryant fills either bill so to speak

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000931584/article/dez-bryants-future-prospects-matt-ryan-falcons-debunk-myth

3 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Giants

Cardinals

Browns

Ravens

Bears

Bengals

Broncos

Jaguars

EDIT: There's a couple other teams over the next 2-3 years that I think we can surpass, this is just for right now, today.

You forgot the Dolphins and the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Bills fans are so used to being bottom feeders that they can't fathom the fact that we may actually have a top flight franchise QB. Cheers.

I don't think "fact" and "may" belong in the same sentence. 

It's a fact we have drafted a guy who may become a top flight franchise QB.  But he hasn't yet taken an NFL snap.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mannc said:

You forgot the Dolphins and the Chiefs.

And the Patriots after Edmunds knocks Tom Brady's teeth out.

There are other teams I left out, there's a few other guys like Roethlisberger, Alex Smith, Brees that will retire soon and Allen can jump up the list even higher.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think "fact" and "may" belong in the same sentence. 

It's a fact we have drafted a guy who may become a top flight franchise QB.  But he hasn't yet taken an NFL snap.

There is a strong chance, which wasn't a reality 2 weeks ago. We went from the bottom 25% quartile to now we have a guy with a strong possibility of being in the top 25%, let me put it that way.

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to RUMOR: (no source) Dez Bryant to visit Bills on Monday 5/7
5 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Hard to believe this to be true when McBeane didn’t even have Rosen or Mayfield on their draft board. It’s not happening. 

That’s a rumor, not a fact. I do think there may be some different considerations when drafting a qb of the future/face of the franchise and signing a wr to a 1-year deal.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

There is a strong chance, which wasn't a reality 2 weeks ago. We went from the bottom 25% quartile to now we have a guy with a strong possibility of being in the top 25%, let me put it that way.

Perhaps we can find some agreement if I put it this way:

If I'm a 29 yr old former great WR looking to prove I still have it, am I looking to go somewhere with a raw prospect rookie and a guy who last started a game in 2015 (where he threw for avg 191 ypg in his 4 starts)?  Or am I looking to go to a QB who has actually shown me what he can do?

16 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Bills fans are so used to being bottom feeders that they can't fathom the fact that we may actually have a top flight franchise QB. Cheers.

He literally hasn’t taken a single snap in the NFL but he’s already better than several other QBs?