RUMOR: (no source) Dez Bryant to visit Bills on Monday 5/7

5 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

According to several sources Dez Bryant is set to visit the bills on Monday and may sign a 1 year deal. 

Maybe provide a link to an article, a tweet.....something.

Dez must be getting desperate.  I imagine Buffalo has got to be near the bottom of his "Places I'd Like To Play" list...

I'm surprised that he's still on the market with so many receiver-needy teams. He has to be persona non grata around the league. Because the guy isn't that old and isn't far removed from some 75 catch, 1000+ yard seasons.

Edited by Juror#8

14 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Is this real? I don’t see it anywhere 

I was excited and then I read your post ....so I googled it and the only thing that came up was the Stadium Wall. 

Edited by Magnum Force

"In related news, the Keebler Elves are being signed to a one-year deal to replace the Buffalo Jills.  While not acting as cheerleaders, they will boost crowd morale by baking them cookies."  :lol:

...sorry, I need some sort of source for news before I give it serious consideration.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm going to guess this is not legit.  

It wouldn't make sense for either side.  What benefit do the Bills get from using salary cap space to sign Dez to a 1 year contract?  Is he the missing piece that'll get the Bills back into the playoffs this year?   And what sort of sense does it make for Dez? Are the 2018 Buffalo Bills the best fit for Dez if he wants to go somewhere on a 1 year prove-it deal to cash in next year?  Bad idea for everyone involved!

24 minutes ago, Adam727 said:

I'm going to guess this is not legit.  

It wouldn't make sense for either side.  What benefit do the Bills get from using salary cap space to sign Dez to a 1 year contract?  Is he the missing piece that'll get the Bills back into the playoffs this year?   And what sort of sense does it make for Dez? Are the 2018 Buffalo Bills the best fit for Dez if he wants to go somewhere on a 1 year prove-it deal to cash in next year?  Bad idea for everyone involved!

I don't think it's as crazy an idea as you think.  Bryant would be an instant upgrade over Zay Jones who would be able to settle in the slot.  Having an experienced WR who can still stretch the field with a strong set of hands who is a go to guy in the red zone will make life easier on whatever QB starts.  As long as we can sign him to fit him under the cap to a one year deal we have nothing to lose.  If he flames out or has a bad attitude that negatively impacts the locker room we can just cut bait.  If he has a rebound year we could possibly sign him to a longer contract if he's interested.  We'll have the cap space in 2019.

Why would it make sense to Bryant who would probably want a premier quarterback to throw him the ball on a one year prove it deal?  It doesn't, but he's probably getting desperate and hopefully humbled by having trouble finding a job.  He might have to settle for Buffalo (TO style) as a last resort and would be on his best behavior as he'll seek a long term deal.  

• Like (+1) 3