What's Up With the Buffalo Blitz Paywall?

17 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

When the team doesn’t even make the chance to win a title for 17 years the negativity is deserved. Get over it, baby. Or how bout this? Don’t listen!

I appreciate Barnett chiming in and talking with people here, apparently the trolls haven’t scared him off yet. But 7 pages of dancing around the point - the point is not about the paywall, however cheap it may be. The point for many of us pissed about TBN is certain writers who, let’s face it, are Aholes, or at least appear to be based on what they write and tweet. Those couple of writers have poisoned the well for many fans here, partly because they are super bad at even masking their petty gripes with ownership and management. Good critics should be and are able to shade that bias. Your writers, JB, are not. To say the least. So make your paywall $0.10, doesn’t matter. Bucky and Jerry and whoever else goes by a friggin child’s name needs to go first before u get one indian penny out of me.

Bringing me back to my original point - I don’t listen to them anymore, and it is REFRESHING to have found an alternative:

the Sports Bar with Danger and Battaglia on ESPN Rochester from 3pm-6.

It feels good to not listen to Schopp and Bulldog and it also feels good to not read the crappy Buffalo News. I think I’m on a winning streak!  

On 5/8/2018 at 8:11 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Josh, I think it would be helpful to many of us if you could reach out to SDS or Nervous Guy and see if, in the new software, there's a way to indicate which articles are free instead of putting everything "Buffalo News" up with the lock software.  I don't believe there was a workaround with the old message board software.  I suggest reaching out because it might require some kind of a "flag" on TBN end that the message board software could pick up on (eg in putting it up there's something like "FREE = TRUE" which may already be there).

If it's huge work, maybe not worth it, but it is frustrating to have to click on multiple articles and get the ad to find the free ones.

The other thing is, there have been reports of variable behavior - one non-subscriber will post a link to an article that was free to him, then when others of us click on that link it's behind the paywall.  If you could shed understanding here that would be appreciated.

Has he reached out yet does anybody know?

Has there been any reaching out?

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No info on that point.  I would expect it to take time if it happened.

Well the reaching out part would be pretty easy. A simple "Hi There" would do the trick.

Any sort of a fix would take time though.

I guess the reaching will remain shrouded in mystery!