What Was “The Worst Kept Secret” About Russ Brandon?

They were talking about this again on the Tim Graham show yesterday.  Basically re-hashing the reasons and various circumstances that make it unadvised to allow a company official to have relations with employee(s).  

Graham also stressed that people are focusing too much on that, and the "other reasons" part that was not brought up enough.  

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

They were talking about this again on the Tim Graham show yesterday.  Basically re-hashing the reasons and various circumstances that make it unadvised to allow a company official to have relations with employee(s).  

Graham also stressed that people are focusing too much on that, and the "other reasons" part that was not brought up enough.  

My guess (just a guess) is that he had the employee were getting together while on the job or otherwise impacting their productivity, or using company dollars to fund the affair (vs his personal accounts) 

Edited by YoloinOhio

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My guess (just a guess) is that he had the employee were getting together while on the job or otherwise impacting their productivity, or using company dollars to fund the affair (vs his personal accounts) 

If it’s embezzlement, I don’t think he will get a severance package.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

If the rumors are true that is was LH, as a prominent media personality for PSE, isn't she as culpable in all of this as Russ? 

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:01 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

The worst kept secret about Russ is that he is a massive douche bag who sucked at his job and was responsible for all of the pre-McDermott leaks to the press about how incompetent the Bills were.

Are you saying that it was a secret that had to be leaked that the Bills have been incompetent? Did you know also that water is wet?

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Haha...sounds like a feminist to me...They aren't known for their reading comprehension. Maybe that nonsense works with the dudes in your life who kiss your ass all day but that doesn't work with me. I know the truth and thats why it bothers you so much.

shut up.

just do so.

shut up.

your so-called truth is not a truth, but a made up self-fulfilling baloney that allows you to get through the day and feel self-assured.

that you immediately turn to the name-calling shows the weakness of your point.

a person's either a feminist or a liberal or a whatever, fill in the blank, if they have a different point of view than yours

weak. just weak.

jw

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

shut up.

just do so.

shut up.

your so-called truth is not a truth, but a made up self-fulfilling baloney that allows you to get through the day and feel self-assured.

a person's either a feminist or a liberal or a whatever, fill in the blank, if they have a different point of view than yours

weak. just weak.

jw

The worst kept secret of this thread is that matter2003 is an idiot... and probably a virgin. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Well, if they tells us what the "other reasons" are, we would talk about that. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

shut up.

just do so.

shut up.

weak. just weak.

jw

:worthy:

Kudos to you John for keeping a tight lip when I'm sure you know more.  The tight rope walk that's required for solid reporting on issues like this always seem to open the doors for people on the wrong side of the issue to speak with confidence.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Haha...sounds like a feminist to me...They aren't known for their reading comprehension. Maybe that nonsense works with the dudes in your life who kiss your ass all day but that doesn't work with me. I know the truth and thats why it bothers you so much.

Matter2003...giving men a bad name since 2008.

• Like (+1) 2

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, matter2003 said:

No those are the women that I dont give the time of day to because I have options.

She used to be a hottie back in the day

Oh I'm not saying it is at all...I'm just saying dont assume that Brandon "preyed" on them...they might very well have been "preying" on him to get what they wanted.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:02 AM, matter2003 said:

Women will never admit it but they often times like inappropriateness from guys to a certain degree...boldness will get you a lot farther with woman than being a nice guy.

You seem to think you know an awful lot about women.   Why do you have so many "options?"  If you're such an expert, why can't you land one?

Edited by Gugny
Corrected wording
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would say that would be the most likely thing.  If they had attorneys investigating, these things would have come to light... not necessarily "business centric" or even illegal things like fudging numbers, skimming off the top, kickbacks, etc.  Probably just expensing dinners, dates, maybe going out on company times with her/them, etc.  

Its also possible they dove deep into his typical day and saw that he wasnt bringing much to the table?  I dont know.  I would also say it is possible he could have been undermining Beane and McDermott a bit.  I know he wasnt overly pleased when Whaley, his personal pass-through to the football department was let go.  

These are mostly just guessing though.

Graham also spitballed into the recent history/dynamic between Brandon and the Pegulas.  He said that when they purchased the Bills, the Pegulas liked Brandon enough, and werent prepared/didnt have anyone else at the ready, so they allowed him to continue in his role.  When the Marrone thing hit, along with Polian, they were fairly angry with Brandon (and Whaley) and were possibly going to move on.  They had a big get together in Boca Raton for the head coach selection/interviews, etc and all Pegulas/Brandon/Whaley bonded.  Rex burst onto the scene and the Bills were getting all sorts of attention, press, etc, and Brandon was IN with the Pegulas.  Along this line was when they fired Black and promoted Brandon to Supreme Leader of One Buffalo.

However, when Rex crashed and burned, badly, along with all the organizational miscues with leaks, the Lynn PC, and the Whaley PC disaster, the Pegulas may have soured on Brandon a bit and he was marginalized, and really hasnt been in their good graces for the last year.  

I wouldn't be surprised though, if Brandon was honest with the Pegulas about this relationship, if they would have retained him with conditions and a written warning (or some sort of internal discipline).  His dishonesty gave the Pegulas no choice.  

Edited by May Day 10

I think Russ Brandon got to comfortable. I've seen it happen with people. When a person has that mindset that they are so important they are untouchable. It's like a person never considers that other people take notice of nonsense. 

Not being involved with the situation I can only speculate and make a few guesses.

1. The Pegulas are very involved in taking over the team. As time goes on they get a better understanding and firmer grip. Along the way as they get control people become expendable. Russ Brandon. 

2. Russ Brandon might of actually become so bad in how he conducts himself that it was toxic to the environment. So they let him go and Kim stands in as a figured head. 

The signs of the owners taking over and the fact the team did break the drought only leaves me with positive feelings. I'm feeling the payoff is coming the next few years. 

Edited by Lfod