What Was “The Worst Kept Secret” About Russ Brandon?

41 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Wait Janet Snyder?  From KISS?  I had no idea.  I did remember hearing about Lauren Hall.  On this MB I believe

I'm kinda jealous about the Lauren Hall thing if im being honest...Janet Snyder? Meh 

1 hour ago, dezertbill said:

Yeah.  The Janet Snyder thing wasn't exactly a well kept secret.  The relationship with the Bills Reporter was something a friend of mine said was well known amongst his circle.  Apparently according to Graham and others it was well known to more than that.  He got sloppy, plan and simple. 

It might be just me, but I sensed a change in Russ over the last few years.  He used to be a clean cut, sharp looking exec.  Now he looks like a guy who just came from the bar down the street. It doesn't surprise me in the BN piece that he began spending more time on the social scene and less in the office.  The "other work performance issues" doesn't bode well either. This was a guy who used to overwork, not underperform.

When your someone who is well revered in many circles, has done so many great marketing feats for the Bills in the past and are well respected by ownership, one may allow that to go to their head.  I just feel really bad for his family, especially his kids.  If things were rocky with his wife before, they are certainly rocky now. 

But You sleep in the bed you make.  

Maybe he is is too far into the Cocaine and strippers. it happens.

2 hours ago, dezertbill said:

Yeah.  The Janet Snyder thing wasn't exactly a well kept secret.  The relationship with the Bills Reporter was something a friend of mine said was well known amongst his circle.  Apparently according to Graham and others it was well known to more than that.  He got sloppy, plan and simple. 

It might be just me, but I sensed a change in Russ over the last few years.  He used to be a clean cut, sharp looking exec.  Now he looks like a guy who just came from the bar down the street. It doesn't surprise me in the BN piece that he began spending more time on the social scene and less in the office.  The "other work performance issues" doesn't bode well either. This was a guy who used to overwork, not underperform.

When your someone who is well revered in many circles, has done so many great marketing feats for the Bills in the past and are well respected by ownership, one may allow that to go to their head.  I just feel really bad for his family, especially his kids.  If things were rocky with his wife before, they are certainly rocky now. 

But You sleep in the bed you make. 

Not being local ... who is Janet Snyder?

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Oh I'm not saying it is at all...I'm just saying dont assume that Brandon "preyed" on them...they might very well have been "preying" on him to get what they wanted.

Fair enough.  I couldn't get that from what you wrote.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not being local ... who is Janet Snyder?

Fair enough.  I couldn't get that from what you wrote.

She’s a morning radio host on kiss 98.5. Been there forever. At least 25 years. 

http://buffalonews.com/2016/03/18/the-very-public-and-somewhat-private-life-of-janet-snyder/

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I for one will be horrified if the offense turns out to be limited to his having violated the COC by having consensual affairs with employees.

He has been destroyed here. And his family must be mortified. 

Yeah I mean.........TPegs hired Kim to his company in Allegany because he thought she was hot. 

Then began a relationship with her while in his employ despite an 18 year age difference.

If that business-inappropriate situation didn't unfold as it did perhaps TP never buys the Buffalo sports teams.  

Let's be honest,  life is just often inappropriate.    Brandon's wife may have known and been at peace with it for all we know.

By the way........does TPegs first wife exist?   I've never seen ANY mention of her name other than calling her a "previous marriage".   I work under the assumption that their split had nothing to do with Kim but perhaps someone here knows that timeline/info.    The unnamed ex-wife was living in OP when TP and KP got married.

5 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I for one will be horrified if the offense turns out to be limited to his having violated the COC by having consensual affairs with employees.

Yes, he has been. 

If that is all it is, it's a hard spot for the Bills... they're not the ones pillorying the guy, and that probably is in his contract.

37 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, he has been. 

If that is all it is, it's a hard spot for the Bills... they're not the ones pillorying the guy, and that probably is in his contract.

I think they are pillorying him. They didn't have to announce it was because of relationships with female staff. Or whatever else they added. It didn't have to be told to Tim Graham that Kim Pegula confronted him as that she said he lied to her. He could have just quit and nobody gets to know why. 

So I do think they contributed to this here and I hope very much they had good reason to.

12 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I think they are pillorying him. They didn't have to announce it was because of relationships with female staff. Or whatever else they added. It didn't have to be told to Tim Graham that Kim Pegula confronted him as that she said he lied to her. He could have just quit and nobody gets to know why. 

So I do think they contributed to this here and I hope very much they had good reason to.

Where did the Buffalo Bills announce this? 

Where did the Buffalo Bills or the Pegulas or a Bills PR person tell Tim Graham that Kim Pegula confronted him?

They didn't.  It's "two sources".  Unnamed sources.  I don't know what their setup is, but in a typical office it could have been anyone within earshot

This is the Pegulas statement:

image.thumb.png.0aaf8ce2ccae275b2732734c13811130.png

Here is a problem the Buffalo Bills have faced all along: unnamed sources in the building leaking information to the press. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Where did the Buffalo Bills announce this? 

Where did the Buffalo Bills or the Pegulas or a Bills PR person tell Tim Graham that Kim Pegula confronted him?

They didn't.  It's "two sources".  Unnamed sources.  I don't know what their setup is, but in a typical office it could have been anyone within earshot

This is the Pegulas statement:

image.thumb.png.0aaf8ce2ccae275b2732734c13811130.png

Here is a problem the Buffalo Bills have faced all along: unnamed sources in the building leaking information to the press. 

Wow thanks for clarifying.

I will say if they did this with anyone  within "earshot" that was an intentional leak. You don't have a meeting like that where anyone not intended to be part of it, can hear it.

But I did flat out remember it wrong I thought some of it was in an official release so thanks for that.

25 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Wow thanks for clarifying.

I will say if they did this with anyone  within "earshot" that was an intentional leak. You don't have a meeting like that where anyone not intended to be part of it, can hear it.

But I did flat out remember it wrong I thought some of it was in an official release so thanks for that.

You're welcome. 

The number of sources who would have been acceptable to AP is limited - it would have to be someone with direct knowledge of the meeting.  But there could have been a handful of people besides the Pegulas or Russ Brandon who would know, and even if the meeting took place in a closed office, if it gets heated and voices get raised people hear stuff.

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I mean.........TPegs hired Kim to his company in Allegany because he thought she was hot. 

Then began a relationship with her while in his employ despite an 18 year age difference.

If that business-inappropriate situation didn't unfold as it did perhaps TP never buys the Buffalo sports teams.  

Let's be honest,  life is just often inappropriate.    Brandon's wife may have known and been at peace with it for all we know.

By the way........does TPegs first wife exist?   I've never seen ANY mention of her name other than calling her a "previous marriage".   I work under the assumption that their split had nothing to do with Kim but perhaps someone here knows that timeline/info.    The unnamed ex-wife was living in OP when TP and KP got married.

Women will never admit it but they often times like inappropriateness from guys to a certain degree...boldness will get you a lot farther with woman than being a nice guy.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

Irrespective of any other details, the one thing you simply cannot do, is lie to the boss. That gets you your cards immediately.

I actually find it ridiculous that Brandon did so, when he should have known that an awful lot of people were aware of his transgression(s).

As a bit of an aside, something I would comment on, in respect to Tim Graham saying that an awful lot of people will go to work a lot happier now, is that it might not be especially derogatory to Brandon, but more that it was a difficult position for employees to be put in, where they may have had to 'cover' for Brandon from time to time, and with him gone, that type of difficult/embarrassing situation, isn't going to arise again.

18 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Why? It's not like he's been arrested. He's been fired from his job. And yeah that's been covered in the newspapers but that comes with highly public positions like his.

Looks to me like that's exactly what happened. He knew that could happen if he broke the rules, and he didn't just break them he broke them extremely publicly. And then lied to his boss about what was going on. 

Yeah, his family will be horribly disrupted by this. But it's nobody's fault but Russ's. Assuming that this is what it looks like, that he just had consensual affairs with subordinates.

EDIT: I see I'm late and this has already been discussed. But ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances and Russ took the wrong chances.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The lines between the ethical and the legal likely converge here.   Most companies preclude managers from having relationships with subordinates in their code of conduct.  When they sign their employment contract, it typically includes language saying they will abide by the CoC and failure to do so will constitute grounds for immediate termination.

...even so Hap, I believe there could be significant liability exposure here as well...insurance companies have capitalized on the market offering Owners & Directors Liability coverage for matters like this as well as others.....we are required to take appropriate actions to mitigate the exposure.....whether consensual or not, there would appear to be substantial financial implications in a civil suit which would involve the defendant proving innocence with preponderance of the evidence being the burden of proof  threshold...it may have been consensual based on "I'm divorcing my wife for you, etc".....would be a terrible case to go before a jury for the defendant.....

5 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

He has destroyed himself and his family.  His wife and children deserve to be mortified.

His wife and children deserve it? I don't think they "deserve" any of this. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, K-9 said:

His wife and children deserve it? I don't think they "deserve" any of this. 

Deserve: do something or have or show qualities worthy of (reward or punishment).

If they are mortified they have every right to be.

Russ on the other hand has no right to be mortified about anything which is what the person I replied to was saying. If you want to quibble with words maybe you should choose his.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

Deserve: do something or have or show qualities worthy of (reward or punishment).

If they are mortified they have every right to be.

Russ on the other hand has no right to be mortified about anything which is what the person I replied to was saying. If you want to quibble with words maybe you should choose his.

No need to quibble when clarification suffices. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

He has destroyed himself and his family.  His wife and children deserve to be mortified.

If what he is guilty of is philandering, he has not destroyed himself. 

He is being painted as a predator. If he is not a predator then he is being destroyed by others.

I will agree that if his family is destroyed by this then he is guilty of that part.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

If what he is guilty of is philandering, he has not destroyed himself. 

He is being painted as a predator. If he is not a predator then he is being destroyed by others.

I will agree that if his family is destroyed by this then he is guilty of that part.

Depends on your definition I guess. He broke the rules, he's paying the price.

• Like (+1) 1