What Was “The Worst Kept Secret” About Russ Brandon?

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

he's a witch. see if she floats !
 I thought this was going to be about his panty hose fetish. Wearing them , that is.

:ph34r:

oh. just that. well let's keep moving on then.

and to our left we have the our Orangutan Cage. You will notice the males expose themselves often to the females. and on your right we have our next exhibit . Oops , this is the Russ Brandon office again.

Right...it couldnt have been that the women saw a wealthy,  powerful, influential man and wanted to be able to brag to their girlfriends right? Or try to get money from him? Or have him provide a lifestyle?

Because women NEVER do that kind of stuff...I swear some of the posters on this board are completely clueless about how women actually are and what they arr attracted too. Trust me, they arent the princesses you beta White Knights want to ride in and save many times only to be friend zoned and then crying to her about how you feel about her while she bangs the dude who doesn't give a crap about her. Take the red pill...not the blue pill. Its not too late to open your eyes and get out of the Disney Fairy Tale guys are force fed since the time they are little.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It almost crosses into libel or defamation. Now that he has  resigned, it is newsworthy, but up until this point it really wasn't. 

It would have been defamatory but defensible - truth is an absolute defense in defamation and because it is defensible it is not libel. 

The reason they have not published before is, presumably, because there was little public interest. Until the point when his bosses decided the relationship was professionally inapprorpriate conduct it was simply a consensual relationship between two people and a private matter. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Paulus said:

Worst kept secret?

He did interfere in on the field operations. It sucks, bc the second I bought thier lies, this happened and stories surfaced.

...and another worst kept secret - he wasn't much of a football or hockey fan!

I find it strange that so many people knew yet we have no actual details about what actually happened.  We keep getting all these articles like this but not one tells us what the actual issue was.

And if its true local businesse people knew then he sure wasnt very secretive about it.

Anyway..glad this dude is gone...i just hope this doesnt turn out worse then we think and it blows up on the organization 

8 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Indeed. It was me! I guess I am now a published author :rolleyes:

I am as confused as you are about what made the difference. I think it is as MrEps says, it wasn't news til he got fired for it. 

So to me the usual version of a story like this goes something like: Brandon was a dog and played around a lot and everybody  knew it but it is considered personal. Then for some reason it either got back to the Pegulas who didn't know. Or maybe they did know but recently it became time to use it against him for some other reason we will never know. 

Then the "other issues" would usually be something to do with using his expense account to pay for dinners and such with his dates so his wife wouldn't find out. You know, the stuff wouldn't show up on the family credit cards and such. 

That kind of story is as old as the hills really.

But what I wonder about is why in some quarters they keep suggesting it is much, much, darker than that.

Even in that same article Tim G says employees are relieved it is over. Why would they care so much? I dunno. Maybe we never will. So my question there was more about how are they managing to keep a lid on it, of there is really more to the story.

Would you enjoy running into Brandon regularly as part of your job?   If you were a female and knew about his "off the field" behavior how would you feel?

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Right...it couldnt have been that the women saw a wealthy,  powerful, influential man and wanted to be able to brag to their girlfriends right? Or try to get money from him? Or have him provide a lifestyle?

Because women NEVER do that kind of stuff...I swear some of the posters on this board are completely clueless about how women actually are and what they arr attracted too. Trust me, they arent the princesses you beta White Knights want to ride in and save many times only to be friend zoned and then crying to her about how you feel about her while she bangs the dude who doesn't give a crap about her. Take the red pill...not the blue pill. Its not too late to open your eyes and get out of the Disney Fairy Tale guys are force fed since the time they are little.

That's exactly right, doesn't seem like there is a victim here other than Russ. He should know better though, work relationships can be tricky.

20 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

That's exactly right, doesn't seem like there is a victim here other than Russ. He should know better though, work relationships can be tricky.

We have no idea what happened.  And no the only victims are his wife and kids.  Lots of work places have rules about high ups having relationships with underlyings.  If it was just a consensual relationship then he just made a mistake..but they way they are talking it just seems strange..like how uncomfortable it made everyone.  Which is why places have rules against this stuff.  It just causes trouble in the workplace.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I have no idea if this is the case but I've seen Lauren Hall's name thrown out there from random people, so I wonder if she is the main female this whole thing is centered around.

She is indeed 

• Like (+1) 1

Its implied that people in the offices, media, business community connected with the teams all knew this "relationship" existed.  This also was not the first "relationship" either.  I know of 2 others.

You absolutely cannot have your company president (or any high official) doing this.  it creates a lot of problems and potential severe problems.  By the way of perceived preferential treatment, or perceived poor treatment.  Hiring, firing, promotion, work assignments, pay rate, attendance at company functions, etc.  It all l gets muddy and and brought into question.  It degrades the work environment for everyone.  People wonder if performing sexually with the boss is a condition of better job conditions/perks.  Maybe the current fling feels obligated to keep it going (or get involved in the first place) due to job conditions.  It's not a good thing, and the Pegulas should expect better from their executives.

If this is reported to the pegulas, or they are aware, and they do nothing, and it blows up a year from now?  They could be on the hook for millions.  These things are very hard from a Respondent standpoint if you have a documented history of inaction.  You could even see the nfl pressure them to sell the team at that point if it looks bad publicly.  Is protecting Russ Brandon really worth all that?  

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Its implied that people in the offices, media, business community connected with the teams all knew this "relationship" existed.  This also was not the first "relationship" either.  I know of 2 others.

You absolutely cannot have your company president (or any high official) doing this.  it creates a lot of problems and potential severe problems.  By the way of perceived preferential treatment, or perceived poor treatment.  Hiring, firing, promotion, work assignments, pay rate, etc.  It all l gets muddy and and brought into question.  It degrades the work environment for everyone.  

If this is reported to the pegulas, or they are aware, and they do nothing, and it blows up a year from now?  They could be on the hook for millions.  These things are very hard from a Respondent standpoint if you have a documented history of inaction.  You could even see the nfl pressure them to sell the team at that point if it looks bad publicly.  Is protecting Russ Brandon really worth all that?  

This

Maybe it was an inappropriate but consensual relationship with a current player.  One that might publically profess their love.

5aeda6d99be1a_ShadyTweet.thumb.png.a5a74d79ca8381b05d919a23ac0da12e.png

Personal information redacted.

Edited by napmaster
  • Haha (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

You absolutely cannot have your company president (or any high official) doing this.  it creates a lot of problems and potential severe problems.  By the way of perceived preferential treatment, or perceived poor treatment.  Hiring, firing, promotion, work assignments, pay rate, attendance at company functions, etc.  It all l gets muddy and and brought into question.  It degrades the work environment for everyone.  People wonder if performing sexually with the boss is a condition of better job conditions/perks.  Maybe the current fling feels obligated to keep it going (or get involved in the first place) due to job conditions.  It's not a good thing, and the Pegulas should expect better from their executives.

So just to be clear the rumor that you are throwing out there is that he was “dating” several women who were subordinates?  If that’s the case, then I feel many will be relieved it wasn’t something worse as some have speculated.

This would seem to jive with what Graham was saying.  The misconduct was more of an ethical issue, as opposed to a legal one. 

Then who who knows what was discovered during the investigation?

I'm not aware of anything other than an inappropriate work relationship. Though, some posters suggested he was the leak of Owners Meeting audio--that would be pretty heinous. 

As someone who once worked in personnel I can say: you can sometimes survive an inappropriate workplace relationship. But aggravating factors counted against RB:

• he is married
  • the relationship was apparently general knowledge within the organization, apparently exposed at the Sabres Winter Classic
  • he apparently lied to Kim's face when confronted (I read that somewhere)

Also, if he spent Bills money (travel, expense accounts, etc.) to further the affair---he's a deadman walking.

You gotta think with your big head, not your little head.

I feel bad for the Brandon family. Statistics are not good for a marriage to survive an affair.

7 hours ago, matter2003 said:

You've been hurt in the past, I can tell.  I'm sorry ??