Roethlisberger publically questions Steelers using 3rd pick on QB

10 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Lots of people believe that it motivated Brady. Of course Brady wouldn’t admit that but the numbers don’t lie. Before JG was drafted Brady’s passer rating has slipped to 17th, after that he won two SBs and put up some insane numbers like 120 TD to 20 INT. IIRC.

Stop making things up to fit your narrative.

Brady's threw a couple more ints that year than prior.

It was a slight down year.

He was adjusting to an entire new receiving crew, having lost Welker and Aaron Hernandez.

His actual qbr was just as high as before, or since.

Just stop.

He's always been driven to win.

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I did, in addressing your point.  You said " most teams have an expectation that 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks will be immediate contributors that get significant snaps"

Given the "bust rate" of players past the top of the 1st round and the fact that 75% of the 3rd round picks last year did not get significant starts, I pointed out that perhaps "most teams" do not have that "expectation".  Hope, yes.  Expectation, no.

Since we're specifically discussing Ben Roeth's comments about a 3rd round pick and what's reasonable to expect there, bringing in Rounds 1 and 2 and an article about overall rookie snap counts does not seem particularly relevant. 

I find it relevant because it includes snap counts and contributions from rookies who were selected in the 3rd round or later.  One example from the Bills being Matt Milano. 

40 minutes ago, section122 said:

:nana:

Clearly I don't understand your point please clarify then.

If the Steelers really thought that highly of Rudolph, they wouldn't have taken Edmunds and Washington in the 1st two rounds with so many teams having veteran QBs nearing the end of their careers.  Repeated just for you. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

48 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Stop making things up to fit your narrative.

Brady's threw a couple more ints that year than prior.

It was a slight down year.

He was adjusting to an entire new receiving crew, having lost Welker and Aaron Hernandez.

His actual qbr was just as high as before, or since.

Just stop.

He's always been driven to win.

What? https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.masslive.com/patriots/2017/11/bill_belichick_tom_brady_patri_1.amp

That took all of two seconds. Be better. Ciao.

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Some say the Garroppolo selection motivated Brady and led to another SB. FWIW

I think they are wrong.  NE was in 2 of the previous 3 SBs  prior to 2017. 

In fact, Brady knew he could make Garopollo go away whenever he wanted to, and he did.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think they are wrong.  NE was in 2 of the previous 3 SBs  prior to 2017. 

In fact, Brady knew he could make Garopollo go away whenever he wanted to, and he did.

Wrong. That totally ignores JG’s contract status and the rift that developed between Kraft and B.B because of it. He was shipped out of town on a discount because B.B. wanted him in NE and kept him until the last minute. 

That’s the moment things changed for the Patriots and their fans. The reign is almost over, if they retained JG they would have a fair chance at remaining dominant, after Brady it’s bare now.

48 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I find it relevant because it includes snap counts and contributions from rookies who were selected in the 3rd round or later.  One example from the Bills being Matt Milano.

Let's hypothesize that you're experiencing terrible physical symptoms about 6 hours after you eat.

You want to know if something you eat is causing these physical symptoms.  Perhaps you have become allergic to meat!  (shock, horror)

Do you

1) eat one thing - say, a hamburger  - then look at the symptoms

or

2) eat a cheeseburger on a wheat bun, a large salad with blue cheese dressing, 3 hardboiled eggs, a glass of red wine, and a soft-serve icecream cone?

I'm gonna guess from your post quoted above that you'd go for Choice 2), but I put it to you that you need Choice 1) to actually address the question.

If you want to argue that teams have an expectation that 3rd round picks will be immediate contributors who get significant snaps, you need to specifically look at what 3rd round picks actually do as rookies, not "all rookies".

12 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Wrong. That totally ignores JG’s contract status and the rift that developed between Kraft and B.B because of it. He was shipped out of town on a discount because B.B. wanted him in NE and kept him until the last minute. 

That’s the moment things changed for the Patriots and their fans. The reign is almost over, if they retained JG they would have a fair chance at remaining dominant, after Brady it’s bare now.

The rift over Garopollo was mainly Brady's doing.  He had no use for Garopollo.  He did nothing for him.  Kraft couldn't deal with the recent public dressing down BB was now giving Brady after games, and neither could Brady.  So Kraft call in BB to the office and demands him to give away JG.

Immediately after:  Kraft is seen hugging Brady in front of the team.  Staffers were quoted as saying "he (Brady) won".

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

The rift over Garopollo was mainly Brady's doing.  He had no use for Garopollo.  He did nothing for him.  Kraft couldn't deal with the recent public dressing down BB was now giving Brady after games, and neither could Brady.  So Kraft call in BB to the office and demands him to give away JG.

Immediately after:  Kraft is seen hugging Brady in front of the team.  Staffers were quoted as saying "he (Brady) won".

Right. He pushed him out when the time was right. The contract was expiring and he went balls to the wall on and off the field. Now look he is off on vacation and won’t be attending the offseason stuff. Where was he when Jimmy G was here? Didn’t even want to miss practices while sitting in court for all the appeals. This stuff is all out there and has been beaten to death.

Relating it back to Big Ben, I don’t see it as a reach that a young guy could motivate/rejuvenate an older QB who is on the back 9. Let’s take bets on Ben’s weight come September, I bet he looks better this year. 

27 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

So you googled an opinion article that jumps to the conclusion that Brady had ONE season not up to his usual standards (yet still made the pro bowl), an article that completely ignores the fact that in 2013 he lost Welker and Hernandez, and take that as gospel?

"Be better."?

Please.

You're ignoring facts.

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

So you googled an opinion article that jumps to the conclusion that Brady had ONE season not up to his usual standards (yet still made the pro bowl), an article that completely ignores the fact that in 2013 he lost Welker and Hernandez, and take that as gospel?

"Be better."?

Please.

You're ignoring facts.

Facts. He flew back and forth so he wouldn’t miss practices during his appeal hearings. 

Fact. Jimmy G. is gone and he isn’t even attending OTA’s. 

I’m pretty tuned into the Patriots, unfortunately I get bombarded with Pats talk because of where I live. They also listed numbers in the article which are facts. There is plenty of other media numbers who have talked the Pats QB situation to death. He lost Welker and Hernandez? Look at Gronk, Edelman, Mitchell, Amendola, games missed since JG arrived. It’s irrelevant.

When you accuse someone of making stuff up without doing your own research you should apologize when wrong. 

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Given the offense, Rudolph came from and the things he has to work on his ability to beat out Jones as the backup is questionable.  We'll see. 

No chance.  Rudolph will wipe the floor with Jones in camp and pre-season.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Facts. He flew back and forth so he wouldn’t miss practices during his appeal hearings. 

Fact. Jimmy G. is gone and he isn’t even attending OTA’s. 

I’m pretty tuned into the Patriots, unfortunately I get bombarded with Pats talk because of where I live. They also listed numbers in the article which are facts. There is plenty of other media numbers who have talked the Pats QB situation to death. He lost Welker and Hernandez? Look at Gronk, Edelman, Mitchell, Amendola, games missed since JG arrived. It’s irrelevant.

When you accuse someone of making stuff up without doing your own research you should apologize when wrong. 

Where am I wrong?

Your article cherry picks one season that wasn't up to his normal numbers.

Uses TD:int ratio and quarterback rating like they are the only things that matter.

A season which he lost Welker and Hernandez in the off-season and had to adjust to new receivers.

It's much more likely that it was a single season blip in a stellar career, not Brady suddenly not caring about winning anymore, and needing Jimmy G to motivate him.

Why should I apologize?

Are your feelings hurt that somebody didn't agree with you?

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

Where am I wrong?

Your article cherry picks one season that wasn't up to his normal numbers.

Uses TD:int ratio and quarterback rating like they are the only things that matter.

A season which he lost Welker and Hernandez in the off-season and had to adjust to new receivers.

It's much more likely that it was a single season blip in a stellar career, not Brady suddenly not caring about winning anymore, and needing Jimmy G to motivate him.

Why should I apologize?

Are your feelings hurt that somebody didn't agree with you?

It’s not about agreeing or disagreeing, it’s about accusing me of making things up when I clearly did not. You come off as a jack ass and I ain’t got time for that. 

38 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

It’s not about agreeing or disagreeing, it’s about accusing me of making things up when I clearly did not. You come off as a jack ass and I ain’t got time for that. 

You linked one article about it, yet acted like much of the media said he was motivated by it.

So you clearly went with one article and exaggerated.

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Some say the Garroppolo selection motivated Brady and led to another SB. FWIW

One article, maybe two.

That's not much.

Edited by SouthNYfan

34 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

You linked one article about it, yet acted like much of the media said he was motivated by it.

So you clearly went with one article and exaggerated.

One article, maybe two.

That's not much.

http://www.weei.com/articles/column/patriots-keeping-jimmy-garoppolo-2017-could-have-tom-brady-more-motivated-ever

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/mike-felger-no-bigger-motivation-brady-drafting-garoppolo%3famp

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/giardi-tom-brady-should-give-half-his-ring-jimmy-garoppolo

Tom Brady should give JG half of his ring for motivating him!!! There is a ton more.

we are done here. Goodluck

36 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

3 speculation articles, assuming Brady was motivated by Jimmy G, when Brady is a guy who has been motivated to win his entire NFL career.

I can link articles too the contrary of what you said.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/the_blitz/2018/01/tom_brady_says_he_doesnt_think_about_motivation_jimmy_garoppolo

https://nesn.com/2018/01/why-tom-brady-never-thought-about-jimmy-garoppolo-someday-taking-his-job/

Crazy huh?

Brady didn't give a crap.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

3 speculation articles, assuming Brady was motivated by Jimmy G, when Brady is a guy who has been motivated to win his entire NFL career.

I can link articles too the contrary of what you said.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/the_blitz/2018/01/tom_brady_says_he_doesnt_think_about_motivation_jimmy_garoppolo

https://nesn.com/2018/01/why-tom-brady-never-thought-about-jimmy-garoppolo-someday-taking-his-job/

Crazy huh?

Brady didn't give a crap.

Did I say Brady admitted to being motivated by Jimmy G? Or did I say some people believe that he was? 

?

Tom Brady is a man of his word. He never knew about the deflated balls but he does know that drinking excess water prevents sun burns. 

48 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Makes you wonder how on earth TB was able to stay motivated enough (after eliminating JG) to keep getting to the SB this season?

No doubt you could trace the genesis of Brady's motivation to get to the SB back to JG's first Communion....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Makes you wonder how on earth TB was able to stay motivated enough (after eliminating JG) to keep getting to the SB this season?

No doubt you could trace the genesis of Brady's motivation to get to the SB back to JG's first Communion....

Obviously all the SBs before Jimmy G arrived were due to Brady getting in the delorean and seeing the future of him being drafted.

Duh.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Obviously all the SBs before Jimmy G arrived were due to Brady getting in the delorean and seeing the future of him being drafted.

Duh.

Did I say Brady admitted to being motivated by Jimmy G for 17 years? Or did I say some people believe that he was? 

• Haha (+1) 1