Roethlisberger publically questions Steelers using 3rd pick on QB

25 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He's a dick, but he is right. If you are trying to win now you use that third rounder to help try to win a Super Bowl. 

Rapelisberger is a drama queen who feigns injuries and talks about retiring every season. Steelers have to protect themselves.

• Like (+1) 3

Steelers would have drafted a QB whether Ben did his "I might retire," routine for the past 3 years, or not.  It's a business.  He's getting old.  He's wearing down.  And the Steelers are bigger than Ben Roethlisberger.

31 minutes ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Big Ben has always been an overrated piece of trash

He is strolling into Canton and deservedly so.

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He's a dick, but he is right. If you are trying to win now you use that third rounder to help try to win a Super Bowl. 

Depends on where your team has holes, right?  The Eagles wouldn't have won the Superbowl without a talented backup QB.

Maybe Ben thinks Landry Jones is "all that and a bag of chips" but he's only under contract this season

Maybe backup QB is a position where the Steelers feel they need to improve to contend for a SB

More than likely Ben is right, their choice was motivated by searching for a replacement for him vs striving for a 2018 Superbowl, but considering Ben talks about retiring every year recently, it's a reasonable compromise to take a guy they hope at best might be a starter, and at worst might be an improvement at backup

• Like (+1) 1

For those who don’t speak Jerkish, this loosely translates as “WELCOME”. 

At moments like this I don’t feel quite as bad that the trade/draft of Ben fell through. I’d have to compromise myself to be fully behind him. 

Ben forced them into this position. The Steelers have a good roster. They probably don't feel like leaving themselves open to a position where Ben shock retires and they are left with a lot of talent that can't win because they don't have a Quarterback. If he didn't keep talking about retiring maybe they do spend that 3rd on a "win now" player. They basically turned a receiver who is one failed test away from out of the league and who they were not gonna re-sign into a developmental QB who could be the successor. That is good roster management in my book. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Kind of a douche move. He was openly questioning his own future in the league just a few months ago.

....double....Colbert called his bluff and prepared for the future.........

Vincent Frank -YARDBARKER:

"Pittsburgh can’t sit back and wait for Roethlisberger to retire in order to find an eventual replacement. That makes no sense. Considered by some to be a late first-round prospect, the Steelers received tremendous value in picking up Rudolph on Day 2. For that, Big Ben should be excited. "

Ben didn’t seem happy about Rudolph joining the team that is for sure. Ben’s responses to mentoring Rudolph were also telling on how he feels. Ben will not be playing at 40 years old. I can see Ben playing two more years and then giving way to the next QB for Pitts. It could be Rudolph.