Giants were between Allen and Darnold at QB; Shurmer had Allen ranked 1st

35 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Confirmation bias boys.

No one knows a darn thing for a few more years.

Speaking of confirmation bias...

Jon Ledyard of the great FanRagSports accuses Paul Schwartz of the New York Post of making up information and writing a "click bait" article.

It may or may not be because the report "flies in the face" of Ledyard's and the FanRagSports' team's evaluation of Allen.

41 minutes ago, peterpan said:

These rankings are based on perceived potential.  Allen does have some serious potential.  Me personally I would have like more of a sure fire thing....

But you wear tights so your judgement is questionable :lol:

43 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

My type?

What, pray tell, is "my type"?

Do you mean folks that like to jab a bit at the posters that state absolutes about prospects before they've taken a snap in the NFL?

Oh, then yes, that's my type.

I'm all about folks having an informed opinion; I'm also all about admitting when you aren't certain about something--the way some folks have railed against Allen, claiming certainty regarding his inability to succeed in the NFL, is well-deserving of ridicule IMO...even if they're eventually proven right.

If a good-natured ribbing upsets those folks, well, then they need to toughen up. I'll start the process by being less passive and more aggressive!

:beer:

Hey, going to the opener? I am. Maybe we can share a beer and you can explain in person how funny and aggressive you are. 

Ill explain “what type” you’re acting like. 

Im sure it’ll be an excellent in person debate. You in? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just as much smoke a week after a draft as compared to a week before lol. They had their pick of the litter and came out with a RB lol! Don't get me wrong, Barkley will be great but... lmao at Gettleman

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Hey, going to the opener? I am. Maybe we can share a beer and you can explain in person how funny and aggressive you are. 

Ill explain “what type” you’re acting like. 

You in? 

Unfortunately, for the first time in 31 years, I won't be renewing my seasons. Just got to be too much taking a 6th day away from the wife and kids.

If not, I'd totally be down for a beer. I promise I wouldn't have to explain my humor (it's not funny if you have to explain it...or vice versa).

For now I'll assume you actually meant have a beer and weren't makin a threat (cuz what "type" of person would do that?)

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Unfortunately, for the first time in 31 years, I won't be renewing my seasons. Just got to be too much taking a 6th day away from the wife and kids.

If not, I'd totally be down for a beer. I promise I wouldn't have to explain my humor (it's not funny if you have to explain it...or vice versa).

For now I'll assume you actually meant have a beer and weren't makin a threat (cuz what "type" of person would do that?)

Well it was a little bit of a joke and a threat depending on the person I’m talking to.

You understood it could be taken both ways and called that out specifically so I’m sure we would have gotten along famously. 

I mean, think about it, am I really meeting up with someone that is expecting a brawl during a home opener? 

Well, maybe... 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Didn't they read that he only had a 56% completion rate last season? Must not have done their research.

The lost commandment reads:

Remember thou thy completion percentage for to keep it holy.

Edited by Mickey
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

It seems like Allen was thought of much more highly in NFL circles than he was in media and fan circles.

and just the opposite seems true on Rosen. 

Happens all the time. NFL circles get players like Allen wrong all the time, but they are pretty good on players like Rosen. Doesn't mean Rosen is a sure bust, but it's a major red flag. I still would have taken Rosen over Allen. 

Rosen is starting to remind me of Jimmy Clausen though, very similar. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

It seems like Allen was thought of much more highly in NFL circles than he was in media and fan circles.

and just the opposite seems true on Rosen. 

Which is what matters.  Most fans just regurgitate what they hear on espn

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Which is what matters.  Most fans just regurgitate what they hear on espn

Is ESPN still on TV?  I haven’t been keeping track of the implosion too closely. It seems they are trying to fail, and they are succeeding. 

They annoy the %&#@ out of me, for the most part. 

6 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

But Eric Galko and Mike Schopp think he’s terrible.  They must be right

You've got a weird obsession man.

But anyways, they passed on both at the most important position. So what the he'll does this mean anyways?

I also don't care what that team had anyone valued at. They're going to be a disaster for the next 5 years in my opinion.

5 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

the fanrag  guy. Schoop  , and white have a lot invested in Allen being a bust. At this point they have to choice but to double down .

The kid has an a ton of talent to be given a third round grade.   

They have nothing invested. Allen can have a HOF career and all they'd say is no one did it with that college career.

They have absolutely no investment in rooting for the guy to fail. The fan rag guy you all hate didn't like him before he was a Bill. 

I wish you'd all stop with this kind of nonsense, it makes us look pathetic. 

But to reiterate, they have absolutely nothing invested in him being a bust. It'll do Schopp and White nothing career wise for him to suck. You're clueless.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

20 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You've got a weird obsession man.

But anyways, they passed on both at the most important position. So what the he'll does this mean anyways?

I also don't care what that team had anyone valued at. They're going to be a disaster for the next 5 years in my opinion.

Shocker

They have nothing invested. Allen can have a HOF career and all they'd say is no one did it with that college career.

They have absolutely no investment in rooting for the guy to fail. The fan rag guy you all hate didn't like him before he was a Bill. 

I wish you'd all stop with this kind of nonsense, it makes us look pathetic

You do a fine job of that on your own

But to reiterate, they have absolutely nothing invested in him being a bust. It'll do Schopp and White nothing career wise for him to suck. You're clueless.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Shocker

You do a fine job of that on your own

So do you care to actually say anything? I think I've told you more than once now, put me on ignore.

You know what, !@#$ it. I never do this, but since you won't do it I'm doing it.

Peace G.E.D. From riverside. 

Also G.E.D., you probably couldn't grasp the point. I was saying I think the giants will be a disaster. I'm not sure which would give you more credit for having a semblance of intelligence.

Thinking you're defending a team drafting an RB at 2, or thinking that my point clearly about the Giants is about the Bills. I think you thought I was talking about the Bills.

Edited by Ol Dirty B