Are you a fan of Josh Allen?

Josh Allen Poll  

512 members have voted

1. 1. Do you love you some Josh Allen?

• Yes, that’s my guy now
    • No, I didn’t want him and I’m not happy

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

40 people (and counting) are still pissed.

I’m sure a few are. Some might’ve misread/misunderstood the poll though. I did at first then changed my vote when I caught my mistake. Kind of a dumb poll as written when you think about it. What’s the point?  Who’s still pouting?

14 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I’m sure a few are. Some might’ve misread/misunderstood the poll though. I did at first then changed my vote when I caught my mistake. Kind of a dumb poll as written when you think about it. What’s the point?  Who’s still pouting?

Lots of people. At least 10% of this forum, based on the poll.

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Dumb poll? Maybe so, but I got to see what I was looking for to an extent.  How people are feeling about him “right now”.  The week after the draft it was toxic with hate, crying and whining.  The hate, crying and whining were coming for the people that felt exactly how I did after allen was picked. PISSED.  Yet I wasn’t crying whining and moaning.  I looked into why allen was picked over the guy I had as the #1 QB in the draft.  Then I started to get it.  Rosen opening his mouth and looking so bitter and childish made it easier as well.  The poll was basically a toxicity poll.  Since the first week, we’re seeing less and less crying and more people understanding the pick and why it was made.  Sure, the jury is still out and we won’t know what we have until the bullets start flying.  Adding a “wait and see” to the poll would assuredly end in a majority for that option.  This way, I was able to see how many are still possibly toxic.  

Makes sense to me but I understand why others wouldn’t understand it

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dumb poll? Maybe so, but I got to see what I was looking for to an extent.  How people are feeling about him “right now”.  The week after the draft it was toxic with hate, crying and whining.  The hate, crying and whining were coming for the people that felt exactly how I did after allen was picked. PISSED.  Yet I wasn’t crying whining and moaning.  I looked into why allen was picked over the guy I had as the #1 QB in the draft.  Then I started to get it.  Rosen opening his mouth and looking so bitter and childish made it easier as well.  The poll was basically a toxicity poll.  Since the first week, we’re seeing less and less crying and more people understanding the pick and why it was made.  Sure, the jury is still out and we won’t know what we have until the bullets start flying.  Adding a “wait and see” to the poll would assuredly end in a majority for that option.  This way, I was able to see how many are still possibly toxic.  

Makes sense to me but I understand why others wouldn’t understand it

I don’t think you really got what you were looking for though.  You were effectively asking what fans hate the Allen pick so much that they’ll root against him and the Bills.  Anyone want to cop to that? The small number of dissenting votes can be accounted for by:

- trolls

- legit fans of other teams on this site yanking our chain and

- people who misunderstood the question 

7 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I don’t think you really got what you were looking for though.  You were effectively asking what fans hate the Allen pick so much that they’ll root against him and the Bills.  Anyone want to cop to that? The small number of dissenting votes can be accounted for by:

- trolls

- legit fans of other teams on this site yanking our chain and

- people who misunderstood the question 

I was looking to see how many were still so pissed off they would go on record in saying so.  Those are the people that would most likely continue to be toxic.  Not all, but some. If the poll showed a 60-40 then I’d frequent the site a bit less until it subsided, just as I did the week after the draft.  During that week, I would be annoyed rather than excited each time I visited the board.  

I was very happy with the draft as we landed one of the top 4 QBs (and a qb of our choice as opposed to whichever QB fell to us).  Drafting Edmunds and Phillips were the icing on the cake. I think teller is a capable starter and that Taron and Neal could be great fits.  I was stoked. Yet, coming here, I’d be annoyed with the crying and whining “but they didn’t draft the guy I wanted! ?”.  I’m pleased with the results and the comments made about our new QB and I’ll check the board every chance I get.  

Sorry if I couldn’t properly communicate why the poll was posted as it was.  

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I was looking to see how many were still so pissed off they would go on record in saying so.  Those are the people that would most likely continue to be toxic.  Not all, but some. If the poll showed a 60-40 then I’d frequent the site a bit less until it subsided, just as I did the week after the draft.  During that week, I would be annoyed rather than excited each time I visited the board.  

I was very happy with the draft as we landed one of the top 4 QBs (and a qb of our choice as opposed to whichever QB fell to us).  Drafting Edmunds and Phillips were the icing on the cake. I think teller is a capable starter and that Taron and Neal could be great fits.  I was stoked. Yet, coming here, I’d be annoyed with the crying and whining “but they didn’t draft the guy I wanted! ?”.  I’m pleased with the results and the comments made about our new QB and I’ll check the board every chance I get.  

Sorry if I couldn’t properly communicate why the poll was posted as it was.  

It probably doesnt help when people like me are rushing to check the site here and there around work. Sorry about the “dumb” comment about the poll. That was not called for.  My bad.  FWIW I will be rooting for Allen as long as he’s in a Bills uniform. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I did not like the pick I still dont understand it The last 3 Qbs weve taken in the 1st round werent that good in college. Between Petermans trick shots and Allens combine this regime seems to like qbs who look great in shorts. The terrible decision to start Peterman agains one of the top pass defenses in the league while the entire squad has been playing like crap for weeks isn't establishing confidence that this coaching staff can develop a qb.  That being said, I hope Josh proves me wrong he seems like a good kid and would be fun to route for.