Are you a fan of Josh Allen?

Josh Allen Poll  

512 members have voted

1. 1. Do you love you some Josh Allen?

• Yes, that’s my guy now
    • No, I didn’t want him and I’m not happy

9 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

He wasn't my first, second, or third choice for QB, but I've decided to leave those decisions up to the guys who get paid for it, completion % be damned.  There's something to be said for the Bills getting the #1 guy on their list.  This, of course, is not to be confused with the Cardinals, who merely lied about getting #1 guy on their list.  And... I know, I know... watching youtube videos, particularly the Senior Bowl, has given me some added optimism.  I'm in.

That’s the Buffalo86 I know.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I was worried after reading a lot of the posts and listening to WGR prior to and after the draft of how people would receive him the first time he entered the Stadium on game day.....I was thinking that would really stink for him if he got booed...but this particular thread makes me proud to be a Bills fan.  We may have differing opinions and argue but deep down we are Bill's fans for better or worse.

• Like (+1) 3

Not that it should matter to others; but, I am very happy to see the results of this poll. This kid deserves every chance and I for one think that he has the talent to make it work.

Looking back, as a group we were highly supportive of EJ and Losman, two players that I thought had little to no chance of being any good. I was a big fan of RJ and thought that he would turn this team around. :):):) 

Josh deserves the support of our community. He is thrilled to be here and I respect this. He is a big strong kid who can brave the elements of Buffalo winters and zip the football through the October winds of WNY.

We Bills Fans deserve a top shelf qb. I hope that he turns out to be great!

PS: I hope to see AJ shine as well!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

I was worried after reading a lot of the posts and listening to WGR prior to and after the draft of how people would receive him the first time he entered the Stadium on game day.....I was thinking that would really stink for him if he got booed...but this particular thread makes me proud to be a Bills fan.  We may have differing opinions and argue but deep down we are Bill's fans for better or worse.

Well said Clint! :) 

I feel the same way. If he is really good, he will own the town and the Bills can go places. Exciting times, no?

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Well said Clint! :) 

I feel the same way. If he is really good, he will own the town and the Bills can go places. Exciting times, no?

Speaking of Clint....this somewhat parallels his movie "Trouble With The Curve"   Analytics vs Human Opinion and Instincts

Edited by Magnum Force
mistake
  • Like (+1) 1

i didn't really see it going down as it did. i thought we would be lucky to end up with rudolph...who i think will have a good career.

that being said, i after having done some research, am now drinking the kool aid, i love this kid, but hope he gets a year to sit while a.j. takes us to hosting a wc playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i didn't really see it going down as it did. i thought we would be lucky to end up with rudolph...who i think will have a good career.

that being said, i after having done some research, am now drinking the kool aid, i love this kid, but hope he gets a year to sit while a.j. takes us to hosting a wc playoff game.

And to continue that optimism, we then trade AJ for a first and a third next year..

Can you add a fence sitter... maybe line.  I am still of the show me mode.  He has potential and if coached up right... I like the measurable and his quick release.  Guys seems like he is a stand up kind of guy and tough.  May need some seasoning and if he can figure out the short swing passes.  But I think there may be some growing pains.  Others think he may be a bust.  We shall see?

6 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

After watching his games I gotta be honest and say I'm very concerned about him.

I really don't know how anyone had him graded out as a 1st rounder... Seems more like a guy you'd take in the 4th since he's such a project. 

You don't understand how professional football scouts/management didn't evaluate him the same as you ? No offense, but who do you think has more credibility?

Allen is the only QB I could picture with us and be ok with it. Darnold turns it over, Rosen’s personality is so annoying that it shows in every press conference and interview I’ve seen. Mayfield was the other one I thought we might get but I didn’t like him either and he reminded me too much of Manzel. Short, cocky and would be a bad fit with coach. Jackson is a wildcard that will probably get hurt but will do something amazing every game before the inevitable happens.

For years many of us have wanted a big armed, big bodied sturdy QB and we have him. I’m happy. Now let’s get an O-line together and give him some weapons. Only fear is that he is started too soon and gets beat up from a bad o-line and only throws like 15 passes a game. He can be big time if we set him up. Happy to have a gunslinger type

Edited by SJDK
  • Like (+1) 4

48 minutes ago, SJDK said:

Allen is the only QB I could picture with us and be ok with it. Darnald turns it over, Rosen’s personality is so annoying that it shows in every press conference and interview I’ve seen. Mayfield was the other one I thought we might get but I didn’t like him either and he reminded me too much of Manzel. Short, cocky and would be a bad fit with coach. Jackson is a wildcard that will probably get hurt but will do something amazing every game before the inevitable happens.

For years many of us have wanted a big armed big bodied sturdy QB and we have him. I’m happy. Now let’s get an O-line together and give him some weapons. Only fear is that he is started too soon and gets beat up from a bad o-line and only throws like 15 passes a game. He can be big time if we set him up. Happy to have a gunslinger type

Well, I’m all for letting AJ earn his money this year, and keep Allen physically, mentally and emotionally healthy until he is ready. And then pray for the best....

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Pretty simple.  Just looking to see where this board stands on our QB?  

I wasn’t a fan of this he pick and the entire bar turned around and looked at me when I screamed *************** as loud as I could when I heard Goodell announce Allen instead of Rosen.  

A week later, Allen is my guy and while I want to see our new QB ASAP, I hope we sit him til at least week 7.  Potential brutal start to the schedule with a patchwork OL and no WRs.  I hope he gets some time to experience the rigors of what the nfl is all about before he becomes our starter.  

I now, love me some Josh ALLEN

I'm a huge Bills fan...but I've been a Bills fan for almost 30yrs ... I've been here... I've seen their mistakes. & drafting Allen looks like a huge one.... this feeling you have is called "Bills Delusional Hope" I had this with JP...Trent... especially after Trent beat the Chargers... I was at that game, we were 5-0... man... what a high... then Fitz... his hot start was amazing. Then I had "Bills Delusional Hope" when we drafted EJ... funny how Mike Mayock was high on this Kid too... now I'm experienced... I don't go by hope...i go by what I see, I started listening to my brain & not my heart. When you have "Bills Delusional Hope" you don't see failure, you only feel success is on its way. That's a bad place to be

3 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

wentz 2.0

??????????  yea...ok buddy lol...smh wow ??

• Like (+1) 2

I had Darnold, Jackson, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Lauletta, Rudolph in that order.  The difference between Allen and Rosen was neglible to me.

I think Rosen has been terribly mistreated by the media as the NFL has gone so far right politically.  That said, I have a lot of concerns about Rosen's frailty.

As to Allen, he is our boy now. Probably has the most he needs to prove, but has off the charts potential.

I just hope we take it slow and patient with him before all the naysayers "I told you so" vultures start circling at the first signs of trouble. All young QBS need time to develop.

14 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

Really, you watched game film and that's what you got out of it?  I've done a 180 on him only because I've watched some film.  It was a high risk pick but the more film you watch, you can see that it was also a high reward pick.

He has bust written all over him.

Edited by Klaista2k
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, klos63 said:

You don't understand how professional football scouts/management didn't evaluate him the same as you ? No offense, but who do you think has more credibility?

Past performance. Usually the best indicator of future performance.

7 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

I'm a huge Bills fan...but I've been a Bills fan for almost 30yrs ... I've been here... I've seen their mistakes. & drafting Allen looks like a huge one.... this feeling you have is called "Bills Delusional Hope" I had this with JP...Trent... especially after Trent beat the Chargers... I was at that game, we were 5-0... man... what a high... then Fitz... his hot start was amazing. Then I had "Bills Delusional Hope" when we drafted EJ... funny how Mike Mayock was high on this Kid too... now I'm experienced... I don't go by hope...i go by what I see, I started listening to my brain & not my heart. When you have "Bills Delusional Hope" you don't see failure, you only feel success is on its way. That's a bad place to be

??????????  yea...ok buddy lol...smh wow ??

You must be a blast at parties.