Kim Pegula Releases Statement on the Future of Training Camp at SJF

45 minutes ago, SoTier said:

McDermott might not be the HC in two years, so I find it highly unlikely that the Bills would break a valid contract and possibly alienate business sponsors just to please him.  If he's still HC when the contract comes up for renewal, his wishes will be taken in consideration but unless he brings a Lombardi to the Bills in the next 3 or 4 years, his preferences won't be the overriding fact in determining if TC stays at SJF or is held elsewhere.

It's that the yardstick? A Lombardi or pack up?

6 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

I'm excited about Kim & hope she can handle the job. The Bills have been kick around for a long time by the media & the good old boy network of the NFL. Things are changing & the Bills are at the forefront of what's happening in the world. I think it's part of a new era for the Bills. Sorry if someone posted the same thoughts' I didn't have time to read the whole thread.

You too, I, well, I mean your first sentence was just..................

I mean Good post!

kim hot.jpg

3 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Why would she? It's a contract. There's going to be a price negotiation. Saying that they would renew gives SJF more leverage.

This is why I'm not a businessman.

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

This is why I'm not a businessman.

...any mention of a possible renewal would be non-binding......but there is no value to even broach the subject now with the current agreement expiring in 2021 (I think).....any mention about "possibilities either way" could potential alienate the Rochester base and MORE negative publicity right now is NOT needed.......SJF in question would be tied to the Brandon debacle in a media feeding frenzy...........

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This is one of those, not what he said posts that I been noticing so much on here.

It isn't my post this time around so I can be objective :)

Why are there so many posts on here that respond to something that the poster being quoted, didn't say?

5 hours ago, Lfod said:

I like the idea of being proactive. It is a good look. I have a feeling that now the people taking over the team are more settled in and can build a winning culture. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to buy a football team and how long it would take to settle in and really own it. 

Part of evaluating a corporation after you purchase it is figuring out how to make it more successful.  Especial in the case of the Bills. They more than likely have been searching for the problems since they bought it.

5 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Why wouldn't Kim, Houghton alum, move the camp to Houghton, closer to New Era, less distractions for the camp.

Because about 10 people live in Allegany County...

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I mean Good post!

kim hot.jpg

To quote Joe Piscopo doing Frank Sinatra.."She is one good looking Japanese"

13 minutes ago, Greatdane21 said:

I'm just thankful that Trump didn't get his hands on the Bills ,what a hot mess that would have been?

Yup.  Hillary probably would have become President.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

So she said, "Here are the contract terms.  I'm from Rochester."

That's some impressive ****, right there.

She skirted the most important question.  Why didnt John Murphy say anything about Russ.......

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I mean Good post!

kim hot.jpg

The big question here is who is in the reflection in her glasses?

13 hours ago, Luka said:

Kim needs to get us a couple night practices back.

And make the tickets actually available.

I have never even seen a Wilson's market, and everytime I go to Tops the tix are gone.... I'm talking like 8 years running.

Only way I have gotten to a night practice was to buy them (I think I paid $10 for 3 or something) from a guy on craigslist.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Yup.  Hillary probably would have become President.

I can't believe people still say this and don't think they sound utterly stupid. And lame also, the joke is old.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

14 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Read my post again.  I said IF McDermott was still HC when the contract renewal came up, then he'd have input, but he'd have to do something spectacular -- like winning the SB -- in order to completely override competing considerations as to where hold TC.  I don't believe that the Pegulas are going to cede the right to make what is essentially a business decision to a head coach unless he does something spectacular.

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I can't believe people still say this and don't think they sound utterly stupid. And lame also, the joke is old.

It wasn't a joke.  And you sound utterly bitter.  Get over it. 

37 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Read my post again.  I said IF McDermott was still HC when the contract renewal came up, then he'd have input, but he'd have to do something spectacular -- like winning the SB -- in order to completely override competing considerations as to where hold TC.  I don't believe that the Pegulas are going to cede the right to make what is essentially a business decision to a head coach unless he does something spectacular.

Even if McD were to do something spectacular within the next 4 seasons (and I'd argue that last season qualified to smaller extent), it was accomplished while having training camp at SJF.  So then, what's the reason for moving it?  Obviously it's not hurting the product on the field and it's helping the business side.

Kim Pegula's statement sends shivers through the SJF hierarchy because of its politically-phrased total lack of content.  In terms of commitment and content it ranks up there with agreeing that Rochester is about seventy-six miles from Buffalo.

I’d love to see training camp back here in the Buffalo area, but I really have no aversion to Rochester camp.

I used to ride my bike to Niagara University back in the OJ Simpson era. Lots of fond memories.

Skip Fredonia too.