Kim Pegula Releases Statement on the Future of Training Camp at SJF

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Because Russ is gone and people began speculation that the Bills would leave SJF with him out of the way.  KP quashed that today yet some persist with the rumor mongering. 

To be fair, they could easily break the contract if they wanted to.  McD clearly doesn't like the disruption and would rather stay at OBD.   It will be interesting to see if he gets his way, or Kim continues to value the marketing benefits more highly than the coach's wishes...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

Rumblings about KeyBank Center makes me wonder  about a multi-use stadium downtown for the Bills and Sabres.

It would have to be massive. Key bank center is still only like 20 years old and the new Stadium/Arena would have to hold 65,000+

thats a lot of congestion downtown

22 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

They weren’t gonna leave until the lease is up anyways

they were always gonna be at SJF this year and next year and such.. after the contract who knows

Unless you can read their minds and know about the contract you cant say that.  It is quite likely a lot of Brandon's "inappropriate behavior" occurred at SJF, esp since he was probably away from his wife.  Bills could claim SJF didn't provide a safe and secure environment for Bills personnel.  Maybe the detectives uncovered some funny business Brnadon was doing with his alma mater.  Maybe The Bills, beyond Brandon himself,  ever really wanted it there.  Multiple ways that Bills could have gotten out of that contract.  SJF might be totally out of the loop with what Brandon did and this communication re-assured them.  The tweet cost the Bills nothing and assured a lot of people.  As I said before, smart move on her part.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Occam's Razor.  Nothing to see here so let me get my hat and leave....

tin foil hat.png

Around here folks tend to call it "Occams' Shaver"

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Unless you can read their minds and know about the contract you cant say that.  It is quite likely a lot of Brandon's "inappropriate behavior" occurred at SJF, esp since he was probably away from his wife.  Bills could claim SJF didn't provide a safe and secure environment for Bills personnel.  Maybe the detectives uncovered some funny business Brnadon was doing with his alma mater. 

Your avatar is well chosen...

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Because Russ is gone and people began speculation that the Bills would leave SJF with him out of the way.  KP quashed that today yet some persist with the rumor mongering. 

Are people dumb though? Should the Bills move away from a giant revenue generator and marketing opportunity? Of course not, this is so obvious. It would be a story if they were stupid enough to leave Rochester.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Unless you can read their minds and know about the contract you cant say that.  It is quite likely a lot of Brandon's "inappropriate behavior" occurred at SJF, esp since he was probably away from his wife.  Bills could claim SJF didn't provide a safe and secure environment for Bills personnel.  Maybe the detectives uncovered some funny business Brnadon was doing with his alma mater.  Maybe The Bills, beyond Brandon himself,  ever really wanted it there.  Multiple ways that Bills could have gotten out of that contract.  SJF might be totally out of the loop with what Brandon did and this communication re-assured them.  The tweet cost the Bills nothing and assured a lot of people.  As I said before, smart move on her part.

Who knows . They will 100% be there this year and I suspect next year as well. 

Who knows

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Are people dumb though? Should the Bills move away from a giant revenue generator and marketing opportunity? Of course not, this is so obvious. It would be a story if they were stupid enough to leave Rochester.

This is the Brandon vs. football department divide.   Sure it makes sense from a business perspective.   But McD reportedly doesn't like the disruption of SJF and his influence is increasingly holding sway over the entire operation... 

Edited by Lurker

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Appropriate that she made the statement.  It reassures SJF and lets fans in the eastern regions of the market know that they still are appreciated.

• Like (+1) 1

In my opinion, this is just in response to Sal, Roth, and Matthews all discussing it on their platforms. As well as I'm guessing the three local news programs dedicating a story to it outside of the sports block. I watched the wham broadcast on fox last night at 10, and that's what they did.

Personally, I've liked having the camp here. I usually convince myself to go once a year only to realize it is boring as hell. Honestly, it's best for the kids in the area. So for them I hope it stays, but if it moves back to Buffalo, I hope the structure of it doesn't change and it's good for the kids there.

Selfishly, I really don't care about this. Take the camp back so we can have our two days of outrage and then move on. Then they can take the Amerks too. Don't care about them either or hearing stories hear and there about them threatening to move or whatever it is. 

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You know what isn't smart? Everything you wrote prior to your last two sentences.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

This is the Brandon vs. football department divide.   Sure it makes sense from a business perspective.   But McD reportedly doesn't like the disruption of SJF and his influence is increasingly holding sway over the entire operation... 

Yes, but the Pegula’s are going to keep the few million dollars (plus the Rochester goodwill). I will be shocked if they ever leave regardless of what McDermott wants.

• Like (+1) 1

Doens't matter if McDermott don't like ST John Fisher, he is employed by the Bills. McDermott will get to decide how many open practices he will have but there not going to rip up a huge positive in regards to the fanbase growth..

The growing of the fanbase is a big part of the business model and you're not doing that moving it back to Ferdonia. You get way more fans interested being up North closer to multiple metropolises.

St John Fisher for at least 4 more years but I suspect it will be extended again in 4.

Edited by ddaryl

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Smart move? She said they are honoring the current agreement. How is this press release indicative of her intelligence or qualifications?

In smart negotiations, always let them think you are willing to walk away.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Translation:  "We could break the contract, but we're not going to do it.   After that, all bets are off, although I love my hometown."

Exactly, that statement really said almost literally nothing about the future, other than they're "preparing" for camp there this summer, which isn't the same as being committed to camp there this summer. Loopholes big enough to drive a Pittsford Central School District bus through.