Kim Pegula Releases Statement on the Future of Training Camp at SJF

38 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Smart move? She said they are honoring the current agreement. How is this press release indicative of her intelligence or qualifications?

I honestly think what you seen was the result of an organization being taken over and run by the owners. 

It looks like to me Kim wants to be involved. What if Russ Brandon was kept because he does know his job. What if Kim was learning the job and she felt confident enough to take it over. Then Russ Brandon becomes expendable and you always have an out with him.

If you owned a football team a few years you might of had some time to learn things if you want to. You probably wouldn't tell someone that your just very involved because one day you want to replace them. You leave them comfortable and soak up the knowledge.

Honestly I always had this feeling that Kim would be involved. I'm just seeing in manifest itself more now. It went from buying the team to now a more complete take over. It's a good thing.

Edited by Lfod

This was obviously in reaction to an article by either Leo Roth or Sal Maiorana saying that St. John Fisher was going to go bye-bye with the departure of Brandon. So much for that. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Exactly. Even so I could see them after this year buying it out especially if McD has another good season which would only empower them more decision making wise.

Living here in Rochester I love that we get training camp but I have accepted its on borrowed time since last year when McD changed the schedule to be way less fan oriented (which is fine team first) and we only got one night practice. I know he wants it back in Buffalo and it will be at some point. We might get or scrimmage or two but that-ll be it.

You touch on something important here.

She just told McDermott he isn't leaving before the contract is up. She also made it clear that it is in her home town. Bottom line her eis there will be no dicussion about it he will have camp there, period.

And she did it real nice and it reassures everybody, like me, that we still get to have it for at least 4 more years.

45 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Here is what she said:

“We really enjoy our summers at training camp at St. John Fisher and the relationship we continue to have with the school. We have four years remaining on our current agreement with them and preparations are already underway for camp this summer. Rochester is an important market for the Bills, our entire company, and for me personally, being that it’s my hometown.”

This is classic corporate speak.  If you read between the lines, she offers no assurances that they’ll honor the remaining 4 years.  

34 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Smart move by a smart woman.

This hysteria over not being qualified is a joke.

Yeah. I had actually just posted a comment about her involvement with the "non-football" aspects of the team a day or two before Russ was fired. I never opened that "Is Kim qualified?" thread, because I'm sure it was a terrible take.

34 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

to quell the rumors the bills were going to leave because it was Brandon's alma mater, it reassures SJF

They weren’t gonna leave until the lease is up anyways

they were always gonna be at SJF this year and next year and such.. after the contract who knows

21 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Do you know the terms of the contract? It was most likely signed by Brandon, there may have been an out if he departed.  Or she may used his behavior to get out of the contract.

So yes, it is impressive she cane out and proactively made the comment.

She made a statement that told no one anything.  It was talking just to talk.  I'm not saying she's not qualified, blah, blah, blah (although I don't see how she is).  I'm just saying that this statement stated nothing.  Pure fluff.  And the praise is ridiculous and unwarranted.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

They weren’t gonna leave until the lease is up anyways

they were always gonna be at SJF this year and next year and such.. after the contract who knows

At what point does Kim say they will honor the 4 years left on the contract.  She simply stats there are 4 years left.  There are NO assurances that they will be at Fisher anytime after this summer.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

She made a statement that told no one anything.  It was talking just to talk.  I'm not saying she's not qualified, blah, blah, blah (although I don't see how she is).  I'm just saying that this statement stated nothing.  Pure fluff.  And the praise is ridiculous and unwarranted.

This is an uninformed statement. If you were aware of recent press, or even read this thread to become aware of it, or even considered for a moment that all of the opinions the other board members are expressing are not automatically stupid, bad, and wrong, but might actually be valid, your statement would not read as that of someone who does not know the facts and circumstances but decides to render a judgement away. 

12 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

You wouldn't understand, or this is a troll post, because it is obvious.

No. Your excited because camp is staying where you enjoy it and that’s fine. It’s status quo.

Did anyone expect her to break the previous agreement and upset a bunch of fans just for the sake of making change in her first week as president of the team? Why would she do that? 

Kim made another smart move today by not announcing she is moving the Bills and Sabres to Alabama. 

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

At what point does Kim say they will honor the 4 years left on the contract.  She simply stats there are 4 years left.  There are NO assurances that they will be at Fisher anytime after this summer.

Well that’s why I said this year and next year... who really knows if it will last all 4, but I wouldn’t doubt it

they aren’t running back to bringing it to Fredonia, and SJF has a good setup 

its gonna be there at least for a few more years 

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I agree... how some people in this forum read that statement as though she gave any assurance to Fisher for 4 years, is beyond me.  She simply stated they have 4 years on the contract.  She did not say we are committed for those 4 years