NFL looking into Russ Brandon Investigation - No Further Action by the League

Vic Carucci reported that the NFL will determine if any action should be taken regarding the termination of Russia Brandon.

What action could the NFL take against the Bills?  They handled the the situation themselves.  This has the feeling of an NCAA ingestion. 

Do you believe any action by the NFL against the Bills is justifiable? 

11 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

What action could the NFL take against the Bills?  They handled the the situation themselves.  This has the feeling of an NCAA ingestion. 

Do you believe any action by the NFL against the Bills is justifiable? 

Theoretically, they could take action if the Bills were aware of this situation for an extended period of time and did nothing or if Brandon took retaliatory action.

The laws and penalties around hostile work environments are pretty severe to ensure that organizations take allegations seriously.  This is why most organizations have zero tolerance policies in this area.

CYOA 

I don't think it has anything to do with the Pegulas decision.

It is likely an attempt to protect the NFL against any potential lawsuit from the "victim". 

It is ALWAYS about the $$$$$$$

On 5/3/2018 at 9:07 AM, CountDorkula said:

There has got to be more to the story than just an affair.

The NFL would not get involved for just that, Would they?

apparently they were caught playing paddycake

img01med.jpg

On 5/3/2018 at 9:05 AM, ScottLaw said:

NFL going to give him the death penalty? 

Terry and Kim should tell Goodell to frack off

On 2018-05-03 at 9:09 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I think you're right.  Something big might be coming.  Maybe something along the lines of Brandon promising something to a woman if she accepts his advancements.

The problem might well have been that the 'something big' might not have been as big as Brandon perceived it to be...

Someone should call the White House.  Brandon has any of a number of traits that this administration might find useful.

• Haha (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to NFL looking into Russ Brandon investigation.
On 5/3/2018 at 12:45 PM, rafter said:

The league might be looking into if any other team executives were aware of this and allowed it to continue. They or the franchise would be subject to punishment.

If anyone had information it would be Jim Overdorf; they worked closely together and if there were any bribes paid to keep someone silent it would have been paid by him.

On 5/3/2018 at 2:11 PM, BuffaloRush said:

I was thinking along these same lines initially, but I don’t think this was the reason he was fired.

From what Graham said, this “misconduct” triggered a larger internal investigation on Russ overall and they did not like what they found.

Evidently he lied about it when they had concrete proof of it hence firing.

On 5/3/2018 at 9:35 AM, JoeF said:

Absentee owner in Ralph who had a 100% faith in him and then he was the only one with executive knowledge when the Pegulas bought the team.  This is logical timing for an exit but it's sad it ends seemingly in scandal...

I've been in that situation;  new CEO wanted all her own people, but since they were all new and didn't know how the company operated, I had leverage to negotiate a nice long term exit.   Par for the course when regime change happens.