NFL looking into Russ Brandon Investigation - No Further Action by the League

1 minute ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

This sounds like Russ was cheating on the wifey and lied to cover it up to Kim. Kim asked him to resign for not disclosing an interoffice romance.

I was thinking along these same lines initially, but I don’t think this was the reason he was fired.

From what Graham said, this “misconduct” triggered a larger internal investigation on Russ overall and they did not like what they found.

5 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Or our owners

It's one of the things I thought about soon after...

In this climate these things blow up into epic controversies overnight. Let's hope they did everything right in this matter.

Richardson was a well-respected, old guard owner who had a heart transplant and was a nice story. Then it was all over in like a week. So I'm a bit nervous. Granted, he was the owner and there was a long pattern of behavior, but Russ being so high up opens up some issues that could be problematic.

Edited by TheFunPolice

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

NFL going to give him the death penalty? 

...here's the real kicker...him and Goodell are best buddies and he even had an opportunity to go work at NFL NYC headquarters....didn't want to commute with young kids....think that option may be off the table now (COUGH)?.....

9 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

No they would not.

Only obligated if there is more to it than what we have been told.

This is really twisted up now!

Why? Because Brandon's brother is the team lawyer! Wow what a predicament. 

They must have more than one guy as internal legal counsel, with a company that size. If so they would recuse his brother from representing them in anything related to Russ.

8 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I believe it was Russ Brandon that leaked the audio of the Owners Meeting to the NY Times.

Pegula was featured heavily in it, and who would be in a better position to catch Pegula's voice than the guy sitting right next to him. And we know Russ was there with Terry.

He is a leaker and manipulator, and this would fall right in line with what he did to Whaley and Marrone, and Whaley and Rex.

Leaking the audio could be part of the unexplained “other” infractions.  It would also prompt an NFL investigation, but not an NHL investigation. 

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

Pretty slanderous stuff here.   Better add, "a lot of people believe..."

Guy on message board gets sued for slander? Pretty sure it would be happening all over the country if it was a thing.:lol:

Cannot wait for more specifics to come in, so the public can actually see where the NFL and NHL stands on the issue(s) ....just seems lots of CYA dynamics are in play here.... such a shame that all anyone really cares to do is to protect their brand at all cost.

8 minutes ago, QB12 said:

Cannot wait for more specifics to come in, so the public can actually see where the NFL and NHL stands on the issue(s) ....just seems lots of CYA dynamics are in play here.... such a shame that all anyone really cares to do is to protect their brand at all cost.

Russ should have thought about protecting his brand. You are responsible for your actions. No one else is. Always remember that...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, fansince88 said:

Or.......fine him to death.

He "resigned."  He no longer has any relationship with the club or the league.  They have no authority to fine him.

Wouldn't stop Goodell, of course.  And it wouldn't stop people from insisting it's the right thing to do.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

He "resigned."  He no longer has any relationship with the club or the league.  They have no authority to fine him.

Wouldn't stop Goodell, of course.  And it wouldn't stop people from insisting it's the right thing to do.

I personally think it is a joke that this is going this far. If the PSE hasnt pressed charges or the victims have not then just move on. The mans tarnished his record. Nuff IMHO. 

I think we will find the NFL in light of the accusations of workplace romance/ harassment perhaps . If they be true and what do the Bills have in place as support for any subjected to harassment. 

Making Mrs Pegula President President gives in a person someone who would have a ear to such problems and do something about it. 

It was a short while ago the Dallas Mavericks 

and Mark Cuban went through such . Many claiming Cuban as head should have known. 

The apparence of wring doing the NFL does not need and do need be assured all is in place that work place harassment does not occur 

Terry and Kim Pegula turned to attorneys in Pittsburgh to conduct the investigation that helped lead to Russ Brandon's resignation as managing partner and president of their sports franchises and other aspects of Pegula Sports and Entertainment, three sources told The Buffalo News.

“The Pegulas’ personal attorney spearheaded the investigation,” said a former Buffalo Bills administrator with knowledge of the situation.

Having investigations handled by outside attorneys is not uncommon in the business world, but the situation was particularly sensitive in this case. Gregg Brandon, Russ’ brother, is executive vice president and general counsel for Pegula Sports and Entertainment. Gregg Brandon is expected to remain with the organization, a Bills source said.

11 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think you're right.  Something big might be coming.  Maybe something along the lines of Brandon promising something to a woman if she accepts his advancements.

He hit on Terry. More than once

Mrs Pegula caught wind of it.

Terry caved under her scrutiny.

Kim said pick one of us , i won't play second fiddle..
Kim is now President.

41 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

An inside source told me what the punishment will be.

Fifteen yards unsportsmanlike on #55. Automatic first down.

Obviously !