2019 QB prospects

YoloinOhio

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:03 PM, DCOrange said:

To be clear, that link isn't ranking them as NFL prospects; just as college players. So far, I've put in significant film time on three QBs:

Drew Lock - https://draftqbs.wordpress.com/2019-draft-prospects/drew-lock/

Justin Herbert - https://draftqbs.wordpress.com/2019-draft-prospects/justin-herbert/

Shea Patterson - https://draftqbs.wordpress.com/2019-draft-prospects/shea-patterson/

I view all 3 of them as 1st round prospects at the moment, though the latter two I'd categorize as fringe 1st rounders at the moment. I expect Lock to be a top 5-10 pick if he can sustain last year's level of play though.

Lock is an absolute stud. -Period. 

If Tyree continues to grow, he too will be a damn scary prospect.

Bret Rypien is solid & under the radar

Malik Rosier is another very smart kid who's growing.

19 seems like a better class than '18 if you ask me.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:32 AM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The class currently looks that bad :lol:

Looks can be very deceiving :)

Edited by #34fan

6 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Lock is an absolute stud. -Period. 

If Tyree continues to grow, he too will be a damn scary prospect.

Bret Rypien is solid & under the radar

Malik Rosier is another very smart kid who's growing.

19 seems like a better class than '18 if you ask me.

Looks can be very deceiving :)

You gunning for Buffalo Barbarian's throne? Admirable goal!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2018 at 1:59 PM, John from Riverside said:

This is all nice to look at...but you do realize we are not gonna take a QB at 7 and then draft another QB.....right?

Take one every year until you know you have one. I read that here (so you know it must be suspect ?).

On 5/7/2018 at 11:41 AM, elijah said:

I've seen a lot of Herbert near the top of quarterback boards.. If this stays true into the draft, we're looking at an extremely down year for quarterback's.  I see a lot of Josh Allen in Herbert, except Herbert is a worse version. 

He shows good arm strength and mobility, but his accuracy is horrid.  While he's got a big arm, his velocity is average at best.  

As a true Sophomore, 67.5 % completion percentage, good for almost 10 YPA.  Are you sure you’ve seen Herbert play?  Please explain how he has “big arm” but “velocity average at best.”  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2018 at 8:38 PM, mannc said:

As a true Sophomore, 67.5 % completion percentage, good for almost 10 YPA.  Are you sure you’ve seen Herbert play?  Please explain how he has “big arm” but “velocity average at best.”  

I admittedly need to watch him more before i’ve got any sort of final opinion on him, and that’s with a whole season upcoming, but yes i’ve watched him against Arizona and Arizona State. 

What I mean in the difference between arm strength and velocity is that he can chuck the ball 70-80 yards, but he can’t necessarily zip it into a tight window 15 yards downfield. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.