Every Josh Allen TD pass in 2016/2017

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

His footwork is really bad.  I can see why people talk about that so much and how he relies on pure arm strength to bail himself out of trouble.  He loves to throw off the wrong foot.

It's tough to have great footwork when the pocket collapses after about a second.

The throws are insane, and often the guy isn't open very much.  Allen beats the DB by a foot or two from 50 yards away while rolling away from pressure.  Then, ZIP, the ball is in the receivers hands and the DB is all like "whah?"  Just sick.  Highlights, I know.  Still sick.

• Like (+1) 1

He sure lit it up last year against powerhouses like Hawaii, Air Force, Oregon & Colorado St. I just don't think there's enough lipstick to put on this. His awful accuracy cancels out strength, size and that pretty 37 wonderlic.....I can't comment on his character but I'm sure he wishes those tweets didn't get out. We'll see?  ?

• Haha (+1) 2

I'm not completely sold on the Allen pick, but I did notice that a handful of these TD passes were thrown late in the 4th quarter, often when the team was down by one score or less.  One of them was thrown in double OT.  That gives me some hope that Allen has that intangible quality to rise to the occasion when the team needs him the most.  This is something the Bills have sorely missed in recent years.  I like Fitz and Tyrod, but they tended to do the opposite when the game was on the line.  From what I have read elsewhere, the 2017 version of that Wyoming team was absolutely horrible and it was Allen's skill and determination that willed the team to a winning record and a bowl victory.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He sure lit it up last year against powerhouses like Hawaii, Air Force, Oregon & Colorado St. I just don't think there's enough lipstick to put on this. His awful accuracy cancels out strength, size and that pretty 37 wonderlic.....I can't comment on his character but I'm sure he wishes those tweets didn't get out. We'll see?  ?

labillbacker....does that stand for lame a..  billbacker?  i'll probably get a pm for this but come on nancy, climb aboard the bills train...and no worries, a.j is gonna take us to at least the divisional round this year. this will be the first wc game hosted here since the last century!

• Like (+1) 1

#4 was Tanner Gentry.  He is currently on the Bears practice squad - Bills should try and poach him and develop him.   #88 in the videos is Jacob Hollister who is a 2nd yr backup TE with the Pats.  #5 was Brian Hill who rushed for nearly 2000 yds.  He lost all three of those players, to include his center (Redskins) in the 2017 draft who accounted for probably 90% of the TDs in 2016.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

I hated the pick when they made it, and dreaded that he would be the pick leading up to the draft but that was based largely on what I read.

I have watched a ton of his tape since the draft and he is quickly growing on me.  His offensive line looked absolutely dreadful...he's running around constantly and he loses almost nothing on his velocity when he's on the run.  He's not Rodgers (no one is or ever will be) but he is excellent and keeping the play alive and making a throw on the run.

I'm not going to say I love it yet but I'm starting to.

I respect the honesty.  I looked up Allen and all of his highlights last year and then his game film and watched him play a handful of games this year, I really like him.  If he played at USC, he'd have been the first pick in the draft.  He had very little talent around him.  He was the offense.  He made plays with his legs and his arm.  He found ways to win this year with no playmakers and shabby at best blocking.  To the fans who don't watch game film on players before the draft, it's obvious why you think he isn't any good.  His stats sucked.  No one is questioning that.  His competitiveness, love for the game, his mobility and rocket arm with flashes of Aaron Rodgers at times is why people who like him, love him.  Teams will regret passing up his potential.  If he puts it together,  he will be next in line behind Aaron Rodgers.  

People have to stop looking at only stats sheets to make a conclusion on players.  If you looked at only numbers Tom Brady would be selling weenies at a baseball game but he's not.  He's the greatest ducking quarterback of all time.  Wouldn't it be some sweet revenge if Allen turns out to be the next Hall of Fame QB in the AFC East and the Patriots become the next Cleveland.  Ahh we can dream can't we.  But seriously the stats mean nothing.  So many players are unproductive in their college careers and turn out to be great NFL players.  

The only question I have now is, do you start him or sit him behind Mccarron and give him some time to learn?

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

I respect the honesty.  I looked up Allen and all of his highlights last year and then his game film and watched him play a handful of games this year, I really like him.  If he played at USC, he'd have been the first pick in the draft.  He had very little talent around him.  He was the offense.  He made plays with his legs and his arm.  He found ways to win this year with no playmakers and shabby at best blocking.  To the fans who don't watch game film on players before the draft, it's obvious why you think he isn't any good.  His stats sucked.  No one is questioning that.  His competitiveness, love for the game, his mobility and rocket arm with flashes of Aaron Rodgers at times is why people who like him, love him.  Teams will regret passing up his potential.  If he puts it together,  he will be next in line behind Aaron Rodgers.  

People have to stop looking at only stats sheets to make a conclusion on players.  If you looked at only numbers Tom Brady would be selling weenies at a baseball game but he's not.  He's the greatest ducking quarterback of all time.  Wouldn't it be some sweet revenge if Allen turns out to be the next Hall of Fame QB in the AFC East and the Patriots become the next Cleveland.  Ahh we can dream can't we.  But seriously the stats mean nothing.  So many players are unproductive in their college careers and turn out to be great NFL players.  

The only question I have now is, do you start him or sit him behind Mccarron and give him some time to learn?

sit, sit, sit. let him ease into it. we are in good hands and after next offseason, we have a playoff...deep playoff roster.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

I'll take Robert Foster for now.  I'm drunk on Bills optimism...and beer...but I'm loving that pick up right now.

I will join you on that optimism beer train!  Because I am high on Robert Foster too.  The last time I was optimistic about a late round WR or UDFA was Stevie Johnson, and he turned out to be better than most expected too.  Hoping Foster can be a steal for us too. 

50 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

He has that similar trait to Tyrod except he is willing to throw the ball downfield more than Tyrod in those situations.  Allen doesn't look to escape the pocket to dump the ball down, he is looking for chunks.

I watched an interview with his coach a couple days before the draft. They were running a PA bootleg where he was supposed to throw the ball to the FB in the flat at practice. He proceeds to run the play, but chucks it deep for a 65 yard TD. The coach says, "Josh!!! You're supposed to hit the FB in the flat!!!" His response? "Coach, Favre says touchdowns first." :lol:

Edited by H2o

Another attribute he brings is he played under center a lot, and as you can see, he has a really nice play action fake.  He does a good job of selling it and not doing a half-ass fake.  Coaches will have to temper his aggression at times, because he has a tendency to force throws because of his arm, and often because he was constantly playing catchup (especially last season).  Wyoming didn't incorporate RBs much into their passing game, so once he gets a good feel for that and takes what the defense gives him, he will only get better.

22 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I'm not completely sold on the Allen pick, but I did notice that a handful of these TD passes were thrown late in the 4th quarter,

Yeah this is something I noticed when I rewatched some of his game film after we drafted him. I didn't methodically chart his throws so maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed to me like his worst throws came early in the game. He would sometimes get on hot streaks in the 2nd half where throw after throw was on the money. If he can channel that in the NFL he will be very successful. Some QBs have to get in a rhythm and then they become unstoppable. That's how Cam Newton is, it's just lately he hasn't found that rhythm often enough.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Ok, thanks for coming.

I guess we will see you back here in 3 years when the new failed QB is drafted since you already made up your mind on Allen.

Remember, this isn't Manuel or Losman................. give him a chance and see how he does.

Can the Bills coach him up to be the best he can be? That's my question.

Also, this isn't like previous regimes that fell in love with QB's during the draft and then severely overreaching on draft day for these QB''s (Manuel and Losman). McDermott has been on Allen since the day he took over as Bills HC. 

I hated the Losman and Manuel picks. I also have been on Allen since 2016 when I first saw him on Wyoming. And I like the pick.

We shall see how it works out.

• Like (+1) 1