Kentucky Derby this Saturday...

ricojes

I like Justify and Audible at this point.

7 Justify is the favorite and has a nice gate draw

5 Audible (Most KD winners started in the 5 spot (10) )

Also, like:

11 Bolt D'Oro

16 Magnum Moon (bad draw)

14 Mendelsson

I usually play a few exacta and trifecta boxes.  ABut I may Key Audible and play some sort of exotic...

Who you got?  And what type of bets do you place?

636607732865824896-kentucky-derby-post-p

Edited by ricojes

used to watch it as habit

i heavily miss that generation of "degenerate" uncles and their cronies who'd scheme to get to the track for an afternoon of fun, they were the coolest ever

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

used to watch it as habit

i heavily miss that generation of "degenerate" uncles and their cronies who'd scheme to get to the track for an afternoon of fun, they were the coolest ever

Noting like going to an OTB for one of the big races.  Watch your wallet though, definitely some seedy characters.  But it is a lot of fun to bet the ponies all day...

As a BUffalo sports fan, you only have one choice here...

$1 Exacta box 10  1-4-6-14 = $20

.50 Tri Box    10  1-4-6-14 = $30

.10 Super BX 10  1-4-6-14= $12

BTW, the 10 is My Boy JACK

the rest the combo that won us Dahlin.

My son asked who I was betting last night..Told him My Boy Jack..he immediately said..ofh Eichel?

I felt bad...his name is Jack:huh:

BTW, for anyone who wants to bet this, online betting is very easy right now.

Two main places to bet horses..TVG.com and Twinspires.com. I like twinspires better than TVG. Sign up now for an account, I am sure they have a match for an initial deposit. You will need to give them your ID and set up your bank account if you want to avoid cash advance fees on your credit card, but don't worry at all about that. These places are all 100% legal in the US..,,money too and from your account instantaneously.

Twinspires is owned by Churchill...been using for at least 7 years or so..great service.

Edited by plenzmd1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

$1 Exacta box 9  1-4-6-14 = $20

.50 Tri Box     1-4-6-14 = $30

.10 Super BX  1-4-6-14= $12

BTW, the 9 is My Boy JACK

My son asked who I was betting last night..Told him My Boy Jack..he immediately said..ofh Eichel?

Jack is the 10 horse.  And yes, as a Buffalo sports fan, I am tempted.  But as a money fan, not so much...

20 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Jack is the 10 horse.  And yes, as a Buffalo sports fan, I am tempted.  But as a money fan, not so much...

I have been following the preps pretty close this year. I have made some decent money already on Jack, so feel like I do need to stick a bit with him. I do have bias towards the old MD jockeys that I use to love to watch quite a bit in my younger days blowing off work in the afternoon 3 days a week and playing the 9 races at Laurel! Desormeaux was one of the best I have ever seen. I assume he is up in the Derby as well, seeing as how his brother trains the damn horse!!!

I have not handicapped the pace yet, but so many times the hot pace can really help a closer  like Jack..add in it looks like a good chance we get a muddy track and he has won in the slop and bred for the slop..might not be a bad pick to at least put in the bottom half of your exotics.

Bolt looks tough, but looked every bit 2nd best to Justify at the Sanita Anita..and makes sense to think Justify will only improve off that race. I just always have a tough time betting chalk, especially in this race, but we shall see!!!

I have not looked at the card either day yet, but my other bias is ALWAYS, ALWAYS betting Graham Motion horses on the turf. Seems to work pretty well for me.

Edited by plenzmd1

23 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Noting like going to an OTB for one of the big races.  Watch your wallet though, definitely some seedy characters.  But it is a lot of fun to bet the ponies all day...

I usually have a pretty big party for the Kentucky Derby.  It was a perfect storm this year as it falls on my birthday, it is supposed to be beautiful out Saturday (mid 70's & sunny) so it would of been perfect to watch baseball/derby on the patio & the kicker my wife is  in Aruba with her friends until Sunday.  It was all shaping up to be an excellent drink fest all day with me & my idiot friends.  But alas...my niece & godchild is making her dam First Communion Saturday @ 6(it was supposed to be at noon & they changed it for some unknown reason).  My mom has informed me that I am expected to be there so I guess the Derby is out for me.  I am still ticked off about it.  I don't follow or bet horse racing except for the Derby.  I just play numbers.  I have gotten lucky a few times & have hit the exacta.  I will take a run up to OTB on Friday & put a few bets in.  I will take your advice on the horses.  If I win I will extend an invite to meet me up at Duffs by Eastern Hills for some wings & beer sometime this month.  My treat. 

1 hour ago, ricojes said:

I worked on a matter that required I go to 20 OTBs for an afternoon or evening, the Hong Kong stakes and interest were insane.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

$1 Exacta box 10  1-4-6-14 = $20

.50 Tri Box    10  1-4-6-14 = $30

.10 Super BX 10  1-4-6-14= $12

BTW, the 10 is My Boy JACK

BTW, for anyone who wants to bet this, online betting is very easy right now.

Two main places to bet horses..TVG.com and Twinspires.com. I like twinspires better than TVG. Sign up now for an account, I am sure they have a match for an initial deposit. You will need to give them your ID and set up your bank account if you want to avoid cash advance fees on your credit card, but don't worry at all about that. These places are all 100% legal in the US..,,money too and from your account instantaneously.

Twinspires is owned by Churchill...been using for at least 7 years or so..great service.

I made a nice score in My Boy Jack’s last trip out. I hit the pick 3 which was a nice ticket and the super which wasn’t as nice. I’m going to use him, Justify, Magnum Moon and Hofburg for sure. I haven’t really handicapped it too much yet though. It’s supposed to be wet out there.

I have a couple of horses going this week that you should consider. There’s a horse in the 5th at Churchill tomorrow named Talk VueVue to me (or something like that). I’m going to use that horse with amy’s challenge, Mia’s mischief and gas station sushi.

There’s a horse going Saturday at either Arlington Park or Churchill (depending on the weather) named Making a Marc. If it’s at Arlington it won’t pay much but should be a decent price at Churchill. 

33 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I made a nice score in My Boy Jack’s last trip out. I hit the pick 3 which was a nice ticket and the super which wasn’t as nice. I’m going to use him, Justify, Magnum Moon and Hofburg for sure. I haven’t really handicapped it too much yet though. It’s supposed to be wet out there.

I have a couple of horses going this week that you should consider. There’s a horse in the 5th at Churchill tomorrow named Talk VueVue to me (or something like that). I’m going to use that horse with amy’s challenge, Mia’s mischief and gas station sushi.

There’s a horse going Saturday at either Arlington Park or Churchill (depending on the weather) named Making a Marc. If it’s at Arlington it won’t pay much but should be a decent price at Churchill. 

I will take a look! Thanks. Tips are always great. 

Gew years back there was a guy that posted a bit here but a ton in Sabrespace, screen name Ghost of Dwight Drane. GoDD for short.  Not sure if he was a trainer, an assistant or something, but the dude definetly worked on the backstretch at some major track. 

He he would make picks on races throughout Prep season, but was especially adept at nailing turf races on the cards.  Dude made me a ton of money following his picks. 

I was only ever only on Sabrespace to interact with him, and from what I gather think he was banned a while go , for what I don’t know. But I miss him in the spring. 

And yes, I have got to put a lot on Jack...Son, Eichel, Desotmeax, made money with him, closer, mudder.. WTH, too much there to not bet him!

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I will take a look! Thanks. Tips are always great. 

Gew years back there was a guy that posted a bit here but a ton in Sabrespace, screen name Ghost of Dwight Drane. GoDD for short.  Not sure if he was a trainer, an assistant or something, but the dude definetly worked on the backstretch at some major track. 

He he would make picks on races throughout Prep season, but was especially adept at nailing turf races on the cards.  Dude made me a ton of money following his picks. 

I was only ever only on Sabrespace to interact with him, and from what I gather think he was banned a while go , for what I don’t know. But I miss him in the spring. 

And yes, I have got to put a lot on Jack...Son, Eichel, Desotmeax, made money with him, closer, mudder.. WTH, too much there to not bet him!

I remember those posts by Ghost, they were so detailed.  I was joking a bit about Jack, I think he has a chance. 

Found this in an article about him on the cbssports website:

A shocker: My Boy Jack, listed at 30-1, makes a serious run at the title. He's a target for anyone looking for a huge payday.

"My Boy Jack will be closing late in the Derby, which should have a very strong pace," Demling said. "He always runs a solid race and will pass plenty of tired horses late."

Since February, My Boy Jack, trained by Keith Desormeaux, has won the Lexington Stakes at Keeneland and Southwest Stakes at Oaklawn Park. He's hit the board in eight of his last nine races, winning three times. Back him with confidence on your Kentucky Derby betting slips.

Edited by ricojes
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Have to remember to record the DVR.

I enjoy watching the actual race each year.  It's the 5 hours of nothingness beforehand I can do without.

That why they have twinspires.com...5 hours of betting from around the country!!!!!!!

Anybody betting the Oaks today? I am playing golf this afternoon, so will not be able to see if weather affecting the races at all..if any bias develops etc. 

So if anyone is watching the card today and wants to post if a speed bias is evident due to the weather etc, sure be appreciated!

Having said that , as of now just going with a small exacta of #9 and #10.#9 , Take Charge Paula.. @thebandit27likes Ortiz, this girl has won in the slop, seems is tractable to be either on the pace or a stalker..(which i like in the mud) ...and I love the trainer. Like the name too

#10 Big Money Mike Smith on her..and man she looked unbeatable coming out of the Santa Anita Oaks..only question for me is the mud. 

Leaving the co favorite..#14 , Monomy girl out . Think the post and expected conditions get the best of her.

I am throwing the 3 and 1 in some small exotics as well

6 hours ago, Bakin said:

What do you think of the 2 horse?

mendellsson looks good too. 

Always a tough race for many reasons.  Chief among them is the gigantic field but also factoring in isthat these horses are still not fully developed.  You can pick a terrific horse and lose for many reasons.  Last year's winner has proven to be a rat.  Conversely a horse named Thunder Snow came out of the gate lasted year and started dancing instead of running.  He just beat a really good horse named West Coast in the world's richest race in Dubai.

I think Mendelsson, Audible and Justify are likely to run well based on their resumes but I like to go against chalk.  I see Good Magic Asa wild card.  Hofburg, FreeDrop, Bolt and Enticed all seem to me to need clean trips which are hard to get in the Derby.  They all offer value.  

I'm inclined to go with Enticed who will be overlooked.  At least use him underneath in triples and supers.  His trip in the Wood was a weird one.  Vino Rosso got lucky there.  Enticed might get in trouble again but he has the pedigree and talent to make it worth taking a chance.

I know its early, but he #10 My Boy Jack is now 2nd choice at 5-1, from a morning line of 30-1. Hmm, be interesting to see where it goes. I like him a poop ton more at 30 BTW

Edited by plenzmd1