Wawrow: Bills aren’t planning to add to upper management

12 hours ago, Doc said:

The business side, which Kim will be taking over, has been doing fine. 

People are correlating success on the field/ice with business success far too much. Far more goes into the business side than selling tickets by winning games.

19 hours ago, Sanners said:

No... Mo money, mo problems 

It's both, trust me.

I also use more parts more problems, for engineers who think they are smarter than everyone else and over design  machines and make them unnecessarily complicated, leading to endless breakdowns. I think engineers should have to fix and operate their own equipment and then see how they would really design them.

On 5/2/2018 at 11:05 PM, Marv's Neighbor said:

I'll always remember that it was Russ who put us in the Toronto games!  Another nice move "on the business side."

He also saved us some money by not having to buy the second pre season game every other year ;) 

He made Ralph a pile of money off Ted Rodgers too.

BTW I would work hard under her ;) 

20 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

People are correlating success on the field/ice with business success far too much. Far more goes into the business side than selling tickets by winning games.

She was smart enough to marry a Billionaire thats good enough for me ;) 

21 hours ago, MURPHD6 said:

They handed a 4-3 league leading defense over to a head coach who only runs a 3-4, and then fired that coach and replaced him with a 4-3 guy.

And they let the 4-3  guy (who has never developed a pro level qb) trade up for a project qb that a college OC who is known for running the ball will have to mold into an NFL success. Like all the interviews you want, and while I have nothing against Kim personally, it all starts at the top, and you can't convince me that a competitive search would not turn up a better candidate for the job.

Ralph did the same thing for centuries ;)

Edited by JMF2006

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

It's both, trust me.

I also use more parts more problems, for engineers who think they are smarter than everyone else and over design  machines and make them unnecessarily complicated, leading to endless breakdowns. I think engineers should have to fix and operate their own equipment and then see how they would really design them.

We programmers like to call that "creeping featurism".  Keep adding features to a program over and over to the point it because too complicated to use.

20 hours ago, Ifartalot said:

We've witnessed the on field results of the Bills with Brandon in numerous positions of team building,  he wasn't impressive in any way when doing that.

So he was excellent at marketing. Want to know the best way to market a team ? Build a team that wins and makes the playoffs at least once in awhile .

•  

Thats it right there.  Here's my pitch: Hey tickets go on sale this weekend. You can purchase em online or at the boxoffice.  You're welcome. 

7 hours ago, PIZ said:

If Daenerys can do it, why not Kim.  Maybe she is a Targaryen.

I really don't know what you are talking about. if this is from game of thrones or something I never watch it. But yea, maybe she is a Targaren

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, The Wiz said:

We programmers like to call that "creeping featurism".  Keep adding features to a program over and over to the point it because too complicated to use.

Ah!  Like every MS Word program since its inception! 

Oh how I despise Microsoft and their **** products!

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:22 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Dan Morgan says......hold my beer.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:20 AM, BillsFan692 said:

Nothing against Kims qualifications -- i do think she could handle this job. But don't worry if Kim does bad Terry will just fire her right guys???

Some owners are not involved at that level where they are suggesting who the GM should draft, that's just not how most of them are. Most of them leave that stuff to the experts they have hired.

Some like Jerry Jones get more involved and it causes problems typically. Robert Kraft got involved recently when he forced the garapolo trade and told belichik to suck it up and deal with Brady for as long as Brady wants.

It's not good when stuff like that happens

Jerry Jones is polarizing agreed. And a meddler agreed. However in the context that follows it gets confusing.......

how can he as owner/president/and GM, be characterized as a meddling owner? He is GM. He makes the decisions as a GM.(I am sure with a lot of help from assistant GM('s) and scouts and coaches) If he was a meddling owner he would have to meddle at himself in a mirror. Yes?

Edited by cba fan

6 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Just makes you want to throttle someone.

Of course they are toooooo smart to any suggestions from the guys actually operating the equipment.

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

Dan Morgan says......hold my beer.

Jerry Jones is polarizing agreed. And a meddler agreed. However in the context that follows it gets confusing.......

how can he as owner/president/and GM, be characterized as a meddling owner? He is GM. He makes the decisions as a GM.(I am sure with a lot of help from assistant GM('s) and scouts and coaches) If he was a meddling owner he would have to meddle at himself in a mirror. Yes?

Jerry Jones is the ULTIMATE meddler. Are you the owner, or the GM? I truly believe the #1 reason that team has been mediocre for most of the 2000s is because he won't take his botox brain and take two steps back from football operations and let the football guys do their job. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Just makes you want to throttle someone.

Of course they are toooooo smart to any suggestions from the guys actually operating the equipment.

Oh yes it does.  We had a program that was required to do 6 function.  Probably within the first year it had jumped up to 20.  Now it has well over 50 (after about 10 years of use).

They're replacing it this summer because they complained it's to complex to use.

No ****.

• Haha (+1) 1

Sal wrote an article about Kim Pegula for the D&C.  It's pretty good.

Here is an excerpt.

Shortly after the Pegulas bought the Sabres in 2011, Terry was looking at the surrounding property in the Canalside district by the Niagara River and wondered what else he could do to boost downtown.

Traffic starts to flow in front of HarborCenter, which

Traffic starts to flow in front of HarborCenter, which opened Oct. 30, 2014, before a Buffalo Sabres hockey game.
(Photo: Gary Wiepert, AP)

He and close associate Cliff Benson conceptualized a hockey facility that would perhaps bring youth tournaments to Buffalo. Their idea was unique — two hockey rinks built atop a multilevel parking garage — but it didn't make much sense to Kim.

"I knew what he really wanted to do wasn't just a hockey rink," Kim explained. "It was about the community, getting Buffalo to a place that people looked at, both people in the community as well as the outside, as a place of destination that was growing and forward thinking."

So Kim rolled up her sleeves and presented a plan that included the rinks (one of which seats 1,800 fans and is home to Canisius College and the Sabres' junior hockey program) and the parking garage, but also incorporated a 13,000-square foot two-level sports bar (complete with a 38-foot TV), a Tim Hortons coffee shop, nine locker rooms, state-of-the-art training facilities, space for four retail stores and an adjoining hotel.

Kim Pegula arrives before an NFL game between the Buffalo

Kim Pegula arrives before an NFL game between the Buffalo Bills and the New England Patriots at Ralph Wilson Stadium on Oct. 12, 2014.
(Photo: Mike Groll, AP)

"It was one of these snowball effects and it just made sense," said Kim of the $172 million project that is now one of the jewels of downtown. "I think I'm more hands-on (than Terry), into the details, although I've been learning to let other people do their jobs. Sometimes I have difficulty letting go, as my kids will tell me."

Perhaps, but Benson, for one, is glad she took control of the project. "Honestly, the only resemblance between what Terry and I were talking about and what Kim eventually produced is that there's two rinks and a parking garage," Benson told Buffalo Business First. "She took it and ran with it and she did a phenomenal job."

Amid the creation of HarborCenter, Kim came to the realization that she and Terry needed an umbrella company to tie all of their holdings together, and that's how Pegula Sports & Entertainment was born, with Kim serving as president and chief executive officer.

PSE, which just last week moved into a new office complex in downtown Buffalo, owns the Bills and Sabres, the Rochester Americans' AHL hockey team, the Buffalo Bandits' NLL indoor lacrosse team, and Black River Entertainment, which is a country music recording studio and record label based in Nashville and run by Kim's youngest brother, Gordon Kerr.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/2015/08/23/kim-pegula-making-difference-adopted-hometown/32166573/

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

It's both, trust me.

You are absolutely right! I'm going off topic, but as a aerospace systems design engineer, I am going to quote you at the next opportunity. Often times simpler is better. I am designing a system to replace an existing system and I am literally using 50%fewer parts, made the system stronger, lighter easier to manufacture, has many value-added features and is immensey improved from an operations and maintenance stand point. The first comments I have been getting is wow, that looks expensive. I have to convince them that added material costs is minor in comparison to the savings attributed to the simplicity. I am not bragging when I tell them that I have a beautifully simple and reliable design  that will function better and is easier to build.

Mo parts, mo problems - My new phrase at work. Thanks!

Oh yeah, GO KIM and GO BILLS!!!!

10 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

You are absolutely right! I'm going off topic, but as a aerospace systems design engineer, I am going to quote you at the next opportunity. Often times simpler is better. I am designing a system to replace an existing system and I am literally using 50%fewer parts, made the system stronger, lighter easier to manufacture, has many value-added features and is immensey improved from an operations and maintenance stand point. The first comments I have been getting is wow, that looks expensive. I have to convince them that added material costs is minor in comparison to the savings attributed to the simplicity. I am not bragging when I tell them that I have a beautifully simple and reliable design  that will function better and is easier to build.

Mo parts, mo problems - My new phrase at work. Thanks!

Oh yeah, GO KIM and GO BILLS!!!!

Awesome, I love it, the more designers that learn this the better.

also there is the negative phrasing;   less parts  less problems.

I use them both depending on the mood.

simpler is always better.