Wawrow: Bills aren’t planning to add to upper management

7 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

I'm sorry, what's this all about?

jw

I think he's trying to call you out because the Bills hired Dan Morgan, but you were not referring to the football department I presume. 

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:05 PM, Marv's Neighbor said:

I'll always remember that it was Russ who put us in the Toronto games!  Another nice move "on the business side."

You're memory is faulty...

On 5/3/2018 at 7:17 AM, Doc said:

There is absolutely zero evidence that Terry and/or Kim stick their noses in the football side.  At best McBeane run things by them just to make sure they know and that's probably all there is to it.  Maybe there are some political/league image aspects to player moves that need to be considered, but that's probably it.

It was reported (and I think mentioned in passing by both Beane and Allen in respective interviews) that Terry Pegula was involved in interviews for the QB and had traveled to various pro days.  Beane I think specifically mentioned how "helpful" the Pegulas were with "their input".

That might or might not rise to meddling, but it certainly sounds like more than "running things by them" or "keeping them in the loop"

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I think he's trying to call you out because the Bills hired Dan Morgan, but you were not referring to the football department I presume. 

Ah, yes.

Now I understand. How silly of me.

Dan Morgan filled a vacancy. That hiring was expected whether or not Russ Brandon was still the presidente.

jw

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/2/2018 at 8:30 PM, Fadingpain said:

Given their tremendous record of success with both teams since taking ownership, I have every confidence in Kim's ability to now function as president of three major organizations at the same time.

How hard can it be?  What could go wrong?

You're right. We'd better crucify her before anything goes wrong, because it MIGHT go wrong.

On 5/4/2018 at 3:27 PM, ColoradoBills said:

Sal wrote an article about Kim Pegula for the D&C.  It's pretty good.

Here is an excerpt.

Shortly after the Pegulas bought the Sabres in 2011, Terry was looking at the surrounding property in the Canalside district by the Niagara River and wondered what else he could do to boost downtown.

Traffic starts to flow in front of HarborCenter, which

Traffic starts to flow in front of HarborCenter, which opened Oct. 30, 2014, before a Buffalo Sabres hockey game.
(Photo: Gary Wiepert, AP)

He and close associate Cliff Benson conceptualized a hockey facility that would perhaps bring youth tournaments to Buffalo. Their idea was unique — two hockey rinks built atop a multilevel parking garage — but it didn't make much sense to Kim.

"I knew what he really wanted to do wasn't just a hockey rink," Kim explained. "It was about the community, getting Buffalo to a place that people looked at, both people in the community as well as the outside, as a place of destination that was growing and forward thinking."

So Kim rolled up her sleeves and presented a plan that included the rinks (one of which seats 1,800 fans and is home to Canisius College and the Sabres' junior hockey program) and the parking garage, but also incorporated a 13,000-square foot two-level sports bar (complete with a 38-foot TV), a Tim Hortons coffee shop, nine locker rooms, state-of-the-art training facilities, space for four retail stores and an adjoining hotel.

Kim Pegula arrives before an NFL game between the Buffalo

Kim Pegula arrives before an NFL game between the Buffalo Bills and the New England Patriots at Ralph Wilson Stadium on Oct. 12, 2014.
(Photo: Mike Groll, AP)

"It was one of these snowball effects and it just made sense," said Kim of the $172 million project that is now one of the jewels of downtown. "I think I'm more hands-on (than Terry), into the details, although I've been learning to let other people do their jobs. Sometimes I have difficulty letting go, as my kids will tell me."

Perhaps, but Benson, for one, is glad she took control of the project. "Honestly, the only resemblance between what Terry and I were talking about and what Kim eventually produced is that there's two rinks and a parking garage," Benson told Buffalo Business First. "She took it and ran with it and she did a phenomenal job."

Amid the creation of HarborCenter, Kim came to the realization that she and Terry needed an umbrella company to tie all of their holdings together, and that's how Pegula Sports & Entertainment was born, with Kim serving as president and chief executive officer.

PSE, which just last week moved into a new office complex in downtown Buffalo, owns the Bills and Sabres, the Rochester Americans' AHL hockey team, the Buffalo Bandits' NLL indoor lacrosse team, and Black River Entertainment, which is a country music recording studio and record label based in Nashville and run by Kim's youngest brother, Gordon Kerr.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/2015/08/23/kim-pegula-making-difference-adopted-hometown/32166573/

Sounds like it doesn't matter what Kim pegula's experiences. It sounds a lot like she's a natural.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/4/2018 at 5:06 PM, BUFFALOKIE said:

You are absolutely right! I'm going off topic, but as a aerospace systems design engineer, I am going to quote you at the next opportunity. Often times simpler is better. I am designing a system to replace an existing system and I am literally using 50%fewer parts, made the system stronger, lighter easier to manufacture, has many value-added features and is immensey improved from an operations and maintenance stand point. The first comments I have been getting is wow, that looks expensive. I have to convince them that added material costs is minor in comparison to the savings attributed to the simplicity. I am not bragging when I tell them that I have a beautifully simple and reliable design  that will function better and is easier to build.

Mo parts, mo problems - My new phrase at work. Thanks!

Oh yeah, GO KIM and GO BILLS!!!!

This may be relevant

7ab.jpg

On 5/4/2018 at 5:24 PM, Jpsredemption said:

Wow TBD's golden boy John Wawrow was wrong. What must we do?

We must consider that the Bills had to fill the player personnel director vacancy created when Brian Gaine accepted the Texans GM position back in January

So it really has no bearing on whether or not Wawrow was wrong about the hiring plans of the FO upper management.

On 5/4/2018 at 1:39 PM, aristocrat said:

Not planning on adding management. Hires Dan morgan

...replaced the personnel guy who went to Houston from McBeane's staff....apples 'n oranges............Kim is new Prez and duties are being split up among Brandon underlings....they will be direct reports to KP....

18 minutes ago, Boyd said:

John must search his name every hour to see who is talking **** about him. Lol. 

When you check in and see a thread featuring your name on it, you can't help but take note and follow along.

I'd start a Boyd thread, but why clog up the board.

jw