Vic: Russ & Whaley Not at McD's 1st Meeting With Pegs at McD's Request

Rico

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Don’t like it.  I’m fine with him on defense but our offense decision have been pretty brutal.  It’s kinda insane to give this much power to a first year head coach.  

But it it’s pretty much on the Allen pick.  

For a team that was labeled as "tanking" but made the playoffs, with some help yes, I say he's overachieved with what they were expecting it him from his first year.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

I feel bad for Whaley he never got to own the job, Perhaps it was his shortcomings that allowed him to always be pushed to the side .  We may never know but one thing is clear he was general manager in name only 

He was a scout who got a role he didn’t deserve handed to him by another scout who got a job he didn’t deserve (ole boy buddy nix). And they were both bumbling idiots 

Edited by FluffHead
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

couldn't disagree more 

Whaley maybe was alright at identifying talent but he was not a well rounded GM. There are a ton of other roles the GM has to take on and quite frankly he was embarrassingly inept at them. 

1 hour ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

I feel bad for Whaley he never got to own the job, Perhaps it was his shortcomings that allowed him to always be pushed to the side .  We may never know but one thing is clear he was general manager in name only 

Whaley would be best fit in a pro personnel role 

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

So does this mean Brandon was the leak the years of Whaley and Rex?

Said it before, I've been convinced Brandon is behind all of the fighting that went down between Whaley and Marrone, and Whaley and Rex. Played the GM and HC off of each other to keep himself safe. Dude was a culture cancer in the building. Glad to see him gone.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Said it before, I've been convinced Brandon is behind all of the fighting that went down between Whaley and Marrone, and Whaley and Rex. Played the GM and HC off of each other to keep himself safe. Dude was a culture cancer in the building. Glad to see him gone.

I think that’s plausible. Deuces, Russ.

and... Janet Snyder?? Bruh. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I just looked real quick and RB was not in any pictures of the Edmunds/Allen trip to OBD or in the draft war room gallery (at least, a picture of him in focus).

They knew he was getting canned before the draft.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Don’t like it.  I’m fine with him on defense but our offense decision have been pretty brutal.  It’s kinda insane to give this much power to a first year head coach.  

But it it’s pretty much on the Allen pick.  

To dictate that the GM couldn’t be at initial meetings comes across as an issue right out of the gate. I’ve not been super comfortable with how pegula has handled things - but fingers crossed it’ll work out 

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

To dictate that the GM couldn’t be at initial meetings comes across as an issue right out of the gate. I’ve not been super comfortable with how pegula has handled things - but fingers crossed it’ll work out 

It’s odd but I do know Whaley had a poor reputation around the league according to at least one FO person I know. I’m not privy to this but wouldn’t be surprised if his agreeing to interview with the Bills was conditional on the plan that Whaley would not be retained. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s odd but I do know Whaley had a poor reputation around the league according to at least one FO person I know. I’m not privy to this but wouldn’t be surprised if his agreeing to interview with the Bills was conditional on the plan that Whaley would not be retained. 

I don’t doubt that- but I think that we should’ve just retained the scouts and hired a new GM in January instead of post free agency and draft 

it seems dysfunctional to handle it this way if that’s what happened.   

Edited by NoSaint