Is Kim qualified?

Of course she's not qualified, but then again few executives/owners are. Her job is likely going to be asking questions of people who actually do work, and setting forth broad strategic goals that others will help define. They own the company, and it's hard to not make money in the NFL. Unless they make a big deal of promoting it, we'll probably all forget about it in a couple years.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I’d like to laugh, but it makes me want to cry instead. 

The Pegula’s have done little right during their time as owners of the Bills, and to a much greater extent, the Sabres. 

They hired Beane and McDermott, along with firing Ryan (after they hired him obv)

They kept the Bills in Buffalo

That's pretty good to me

4 hours ago, John in Jax said:

Obviously, the answer is "no."

Also, before the other thread was locked, I didn't get a chance to thank the person ("colin") who chimed in by saying that Kim P. is where she is today because SHE "slept with the boss" way back when.  IF they forced RB out because he was having a CONSENSUAL relationship with a coworker, the irony & hypocrisy would be notable.

They've been married since 1993.

Kim was not an employee of the company that Terry had misconduct with, she was a waitress that he started dating.

Kim and Terry we're married like 18 years before the sabres and 21 years before they bought the bills.

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Really it is Obviously No. 

cool list the job requirements. Because obviously you know

I can't believe they are equating this with what Russ did.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
removed gratuitous insults
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

They hired Beane and McDermott, along with firing Ryan (after they hired him obv)

They kept the Bills in Buffalo

That's pretty good to me

They've been married since 1993.

Kim was not an employee of the company that Terry had misconduct with, she was a waitress that he started dating.

Kim and Terry we're married like 18 years before the sabres and 21 years before they bought the bills.

LOL  Calm down and go enroll in an anger management course. 

She was working for Terry Pegula in 1991, TWO YEARS before they got married. So YES, she was an employee.

Also, as of now, I have NO IDEA what Russ B. is accused of doing while Bills/Sabres President; it seems to ALL be speculation.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/5/2/17310390/kim-pegula-making-history-as-first-female-team-president-in-nfl-amy-trask

Pegula is already well-known in league circles, working as a member of the Super BowlCommittee and the National Football League Foundation board, “a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of those involved in the game of football.” She’s also led the way on women’s issues in the league, appearing on NFL Network and in press releases about the subject. She has been integral in changing the game day experience, marketing the Bills and Sabres, and revitalizing downtown Buffalo in her time in the spotlight.

So yes, she's AT LEAST as qualified as Russ Brandon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, No Cease Fires said:

You'd think people would be proud of Buffalo having the only woman president in the NFL but...nope. "She slept with the boss."

Again, IF they forced out RB because of inter-office "romance", the irony & hypocrisy would be just too good to ignore.

Now, if RB was a "sexual harasser", then that's a totally different story.

Do we now know (not rumors) the "real story" as to why RB was forced out?

2 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

LOL  Calm down and go enroll in an anger management course. 

She was working for Terry Pegula in 1991, TWO YEARS before they got married. So YES, she was an employee.

Also, as of now, I have NO IDEA what Russ B. is accused of doing while Bills/Sabres President; it seems to ALL be speculation.

Sure because you know a guy that is a bright mind (allegedly) quits after being confronted with results of an internal investigation and ESPN reporter that deletes his previous tweet of Brandon will not have a hard time finding a job points to speculation. Ha ha ha 

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/5/2/17310390/kim-pegula-making-history-as-first-female-team-president-in-nfl-amy-trask

Pegula is already well-known in league circles, working as a member of the Super BowlCommittee and the National Football League Foundation board, “a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of those involved in the game of football.” She’s also led the way on women’s issues in the league, appearing on NFL Network and in press releases about the subject. She has been integral in changing the game day experience, marketing the Bills and Sabres, and revitalizing downtown Buffalo in her time in the spotlight.

So yes, she's AT LEAST as qualified as Russ Brandon. 

Not qualified. She is not qualified dont you get it. She isn’t qualified for a position NO ONE can even define 

28 minutes ago, metbill said:

I look at it in comparison to our division rivals.  Would any of the other 3 East teams seriously consider her for the same position?

No, but would Jonathan Kraft be considered for any position outside of New England? Welcome to big time business. 

• Like (+1) 2

Truthfully, it's none of my business. I'm guessing she wouldn't have to work another day in her life if she didn't want to. So the fact she is taking on the responsibility because she has a desire to be involved, a willingness to learn the position. I respect it. 

I also believe in equality even if I don't think many people will achieve true potential, I do believe everybody has the potential to achieve anything. 

Now let me go to your wife and tell her that she belongs in a kitchen and she's not qualified to do anything and tell me how you feel after. I think this is very disrespectful topic but that is just how I feel. 

Yea I think she can be capable and qualified. Yea I think she is involved because it interest her. Yea I think having the name Pegula attached to her gives her the power to do so. No I don't think having the name Pegula handicaps her capability to be successful in this adventure. Haters to hate. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

By all accounts, she has worked with Terry on his businesses for years, she helped drive the HarborFront project, she was involved with the purchase of the Bills (and when you're making a $1.4B purchase, I'm guessing you get pretty darn familiar with the business), so I'm guessing she has the chops.

Granted she's been more on the marketing side, but agin, you can learn any business.  

Props to her - Go Kim, Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’d like to laugh, but it makes me want to cry instead. 

The Pegula’s have done little right during their time as owners of the Bills, and to a much greater extent, the Sabres. 

It’s people like you that make me wish that the Pegula’s had no interest in sports ownership.

44 minutes ago, K-9 said:

He's the QB coach who is going to single handedly prevent Josh Allen from improving and reaching his potential. 

I sent a the laugh emote  when i read the post. you have a good sense of topical humor K-9 and thanks for the chuckle.

personally, Kim appears rather intelligent and squared away.

Some folks have great intuition and are quick studies as well. I am sure and Terry have some business savvy as well.
 She might well keep a rolodex for who they might feel should or could become the next president in good time

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

It’s people like you that make me wish that the Pegula’s had no interest in sports ownership.

...pathetically sad isn't it bud?......wish they'd take their teams and run so these little pukettes would STFU......ignorance is bliss for some and they clearly show who is happy happy...SMH.......

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Its an opinion. it a fair opinion at that.

I do not agree.

I am googly happy with Pegulas though.

Just need patience with them. They Love Buffalo and seem to work hard. thats saying something !

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...pathetically sad isn't it bud?......wish they'd take their teams and run so these little pukettes would STFU......ignorance is bliss for some and they clearly show who is happy happy...SMH.......

harshness does not dampen the unhappy. be nice Old Time:P

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Its an opinion. it a fair opinion at that.

I do not agree.

I am googly happy with Pegulas though.

Just need patience with them. They Love Buffalo and seem to work hard. thats saying something !

harshness does not dampen the unhappy. be nice Old Time:P

...my apology...being known as one filament short of a bright light, it was the best I could offer.............

8 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I sent a the laugh emote  when i read the post. you have a good sense of topical humor K-9 and thanks for the chuckle.

personally, Kim appears rather intelligent and squared away.

Some folks have great intuition and are quick studies as well. I am sure and Terry have some business savvy as well.
 She might well keep a rolodex for who they might feel should or could become the next president in good time

It's a totally non-impact move vis a vis the football and hockey operations side of things. It's not like they woke up this morning and said, "Damn, Russ is out. WTF are we supposed to do now! I know, call Dave Culley!"