Is Kim qualified?

What is a president? Once someone can explain that then I might be able to explain how Russ Brandon’s former BOSS can also do Russ Brandon’s former job. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Lets just hope she is smart enough to listen to the sports business people she has working under her rather than thinking she knows it all.  I am hopeful she will act this way, but cannot, of course, be certain.

• Like (+1) 2

Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News said other ex-player hockey presidents were "laughing" at Kim Pegula's promotion. Well Russ was equally qualified to be a hockey president as Kim.

EDIT: Harrington deleted the tweet.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, bills_fan said:

Lets just hope she is smart enough to listen to the sports business people she has working under her rather than thinking she knows it all.  I am hopeful she will act this way, but cannot, of course, be certain.

So what she has been doing already?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mike in Horseheads said:

I guess qualified for what? We don't have a job description.

Exactly. Alot of people asking about qualifications of a Job they wont even describe. 

• Like (+1) 7

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News said other ex-player hockey presidents were "laughing" at Kim Pegula's promotion. Well Russ was equally qualified to be a hockey president as Kim.

I’d like to laugh, but it makes me want to cry instead. 

The Pegula’s have done little right during their time as owners of the Bills, and to a much greater extent, the Sabres. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

No, not from a business perspective, not from a football or hockey perspective.

Of course, being married to the billionaire who owns both teams changes a few things, however.

Not that it matters, but being a president of the club should have no impact on the football or hockey perspective.  I think that was part of the problem with Russ.  He thought he knew the game(s) as well as the business side of it and had to always make sure his voice was heard.

I don't know much other than she has a communications degree.  What she has been involved in since they bought the sabres to now could probably be figured but I'm not really concerned about her trying to manage rosters or impose her will on the coaches and GMs.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Probably not as qualified as many others, but when you are married to the owner, mistakes while in training will be tolerated...a lot.  

We have a good thing going here, I just don't want things to go off course.

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’d like to laugh, but it makes me want to cry instead. 

The Pegula’s have done little right during their time as owners of the Bills, and to a much greater extent, the Sabres. 

The "right-est" thing they have done is keep the Bills in Buffalo. That is a BIG right to me and pretty much makes me tolerate anything else while they learn.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, bills_fan said:

This were I am at.

I don't want  her near the football side and just focus on the business side.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We have a good thing going here, I just don't want things to go off course.

Seamless transition. None of the folks running the respective football and hockey operations are impacted. 

• Like (+1) 1