Bills' Rookie Minicamp is May 11-12 - Saturday Practice Closed to the Media

36 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I guess Polian didn't get the memo that QB's don't get 4 years to pan out anymore.

If Allen is struggling in his third year, he won't be getting a 4th. It's just the way the NFL works nowadays. Patience is a thing of the past.

I took his quote to mean that the Bills would be a legit SB contender within 4 years as he develops, not that he could necessarily be “struggling” in his 3rd year and the switch would flip in year 4.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I guess Polian didn't get the memo that QB's don't get 4 years to pan out anymore.

If Allen is struggling in his third year, he won't be getting a 4th. It's just the way the NFL works nowadays. Patience is a thing of the past.

I think thats true for the most part, but look at the situation in Jacksonville. 

Starting to get a bit excited about the QB.....

Accurate against air (hey its a start)

Howitser arm

Quick release

This means it will be hard for DB's to come back to the ball in time....this is Brady's bread and butter.....the ball is there before the D can react and they go first down by first down till they get to the end zone.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Does Daboll have any history as a QB coach? Because apparently he'll be taking the reins on that.

Just looked it up... Looks like he was a QB coach for the Jets in 2007 - 2008.  Jets during those years had Chad Pennington, Kellen Clemens and Brett Favre.

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

WOW, what a moment.  I mean, for Allen this has to be a spine-chilling moment.  The other side of it though is man, Kelly is a warrior.  After everything he's been through, he's fighting the good fight and still giving the Bills everything.  HE did not have to do this.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, NewEraBills said:

WOW, what a moment.  I mean, for Allen this has to be a spine-chilling moment.  The other side of it though is man, Kelly is a warrior.  After everything he's been through, he's fighting the good fight and still giving the Bills everything.  HE did not have to do this.

Jim is a true warrior and a great person.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

Just looked it up... Looks like he was a QB coach for the Jets in 2007 - 2008.  Jets during those years had Chad Pennington, Kellen Clemens and Brett Favre.

If you want to be a journalist all you had to say was "He was a QB coach for Brett Favre"

@Coach TuesdayWhy wouldn't he? Jim's still Bill's family, and made the choice himself to be there. He still enjoys the game, the guys, the team, the city. He was present at many a minicamp. As far as it being an endorsement of the rookie QB, why the hell wouldn't he? He supported EJ with the same spirit. This is Jimbo's choice. Not a damn p.r. stunt

Edited by BuffAlone
  • Like (+1) 4