Hard to believe all the negativity with Player personnel moves

56 minutes ago, THE SLAMMER said:

The problem is and will always be patience. Your not looking at the final product until after next years draft maybe longer.

You can't microwave a championship team in 15 seconds

You really can't microwave much in 15 seconds.  Would that even melt a slice of cheese?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You really can't microwave much in 15 seconds.  Would that even melt a slice of cheese?

Ha Ha -  I nuke ice cream for 20 seconds just to soften enough to scoop. :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 2

People need to stop being so negative about negativity...

Seriously, there will always be differences of opinion. Having been on this board since its inception, I would venture to say there are more people than ever who like the direction of the organization. I like your assessment of the situation.

1 hour ago, Shotgunner said:

I don't agree with this.

I mean I know Gilmore was/is good in NE, but just like Dareus he didn't want to play here and put in no effort. He would not have played the same here, especially since the only way to keep him would have been the tag.

Surely you watched Gilmore his last year in Buffalo, deliberately not tackling or fighting for the ball. Would not hit a ball carrier because he was afraid to get hurt.

Unfortunately, Gilmore's game is all about "want to". He is almost always in the perfect position, but he has to be motivated to play the player, fight for the ball, or tackle/hit the receiver. Problem is, he didn't "want to" when he was here, particularly the last year.

Yeah I just thinking talent wise. But he wouldn't have meshed with the chemistry our secondary developed by blaming young unproven safeties every time he screws up. The fact that Tre White was humble let cast offs like poyer and Hyde to really hit their potential and vice versa. Those guys play for each other, Gilmore plays for himself

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/2/2018 at 2:44 PM, Bowl Winner said:
  • When you look at Darius, and Cordy Glenn, we unloaded Darius' salary after he was in trouble with the law, had substance abuse issues, and was late for team functions.  He had gotten the big contract and he didn't care anymore.  He became a detractor and was thumbing his nose at the front office and coach. His salary was ridiculous and a mistake! 

Darius was traded because Jim Overdorf's negotiated contract (Whiley did not do contracts) did not have reach back clauses and every time Darius screwed up the Bills could not get back money from signing extension bonus.  I liked Darius as a person and the Bills TRIED to support him but he was not dependable. 

On 5/11/2018 at 7:34 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Back to the negativity which promotes negativity.  

Lets stop whining and complaining because your "favorite" player wasn't picked.   

We have a team to support and root for.  Don't say they will fail instead Shout Out for success.  

..not to worry!...minis will reveal who is on the TBD pundits' "cut the bust" list...stay tuned.....it is the "weeding out PROCESS"......whew..at least everyone escaped day one.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

The Bills were supposed to be tanking trading away Darby and Sammy (And trading down in last years draft) but yet the Bills somehow broke their playoff drought. This off-season they actually sign quality players (Murphy, Star, Davis among others) and landed a top QB in the draft and blue-chip defensive player while still having enough picks left over to grab some depth along the rest of the roster. 

I think 2018 might be a rough year simply because of the dead cap situation combined with the need to trade up for a QB but I also think that this regime has a plan in place for longer-term competitiveness and has found themselves in a good position year 2 into a 3 year plan. Overall I think this regime should be given the benefit of the doubt with the moves they have made. 

If 2018 is a complete disaster then we can have a different conversation but until then I think the regime has proven its self.