UB WR rated 12th top player in 2019 draft

https://twitter.com/BobGaughan/status/991618976869421056?s=20

Anthony Johnson is a 1st round prospect. Don't miss another Khalil Mack in your backyard. Attend or watch UB football this season. They are poised for a solid year. QB Tyree Jackson and LB Khalil Hodge are on the NFL radar too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

well considering there is a good chance we will be picking top 10 next season we have a real shot at a solid offensive talent. 

I think it starts with oline. positions like WR/TE/backup RB can be found later in the draft. this franchise has ignored the oline position for so long its embarrassing. 

When was the last time we picked a offensive linemen in the 1st round? 

4 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

well considering there is a good chance we will be picking top 10 next season we have a real shot at a solid offensive talent. 

I think it starts with oline. positions like WR/TE/backup RB can be found later in the draft. this franchise has ignored the oline position for so long its embarrassing. 

Mike Williams in 2003? Didn't turn out good 

6 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Thanks for reminding me that Mike Williams happened.

14 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

. this franchise has ignored the oline position for so long its embarrassing. 

They have not ignored it, they jsut haven't been very excellent at it.

Cordy Glenn was a high 2nd rd pick, We also brought in the occasional decent FA like Incognito.

Most of our OL problems were behind center for many years with bad QB play allowing teams to stack the box and dare us to win by throwing.

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Mike Williams in 2003? Didn't turn out good 

WRONG

Eric Woods 2009

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2

No, CBS's Chris trappasso is wrong. I highly doubt the guy is a scout. I Just watched Anthony Jacksons highlights. Day 3 prospect at best. Not stacking up with other College talents. Double catches the ball, lets it get into his body. I'll pass

Edited by buffalover4life

I wouldn't really take Chris Trapasso's word for it; he also had DJ Moore as the 10th best WR in this year's class, behind 7th rounders Auden Tate and Marcell Ateman and UDFA Deontay Burnett.

5 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

No, CBS's Chris trappasso is wrong. I highly doubt the guy is a scout. I Just watched Anthony Jacksons highlights. Day 3 prospect at best. Not stacking up with other College talents. Double catches the ball, lets it get into his body. I'll pass

Yeah, I don't mean to poo poo a local talent, but he looks like a 4th-5th round pick to me. The way he catches the ball scares me and he doesn't seem to be athletic enough to take a flier on early in the draft. Maybe he'll come back this year looking a lot better though.

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I wouldn't really take Chris Trapasso's word for it; he also had DJ Moore as the 10th best WR in this year's class, behind 7th rounders Auden Tate and Marcell Ateman and UDFA Deontay Burnett.

Yeah, I don't mean to poo poo a local talent, but he looks like a 4th-5th round pick to me. The way he catches the ball scares me and he doesn't seem to be athletic enough to take a flier on early in the draft. Maybe he'll come back this year looking a lot better though.

I go to almost every UB game and this kid is a beast

he is easily a top 15 WR in the class. I don’t think he will run in the 4.4s but he is one of if not the best high pointer in college football 

he is unguardable in the MAC

Solid 3rd-4th round pick 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

https://twitter.com/BobGaughan/status/991618976869421056?s=20

Anthony Johnson is a 1st round prospect. Don't miss another Khalil Mack in your backyard. Attend or watch UB football this season. They are poised for a solid year. QB Tyree Jackson and LB Khalil Hodge are on the NFL radar too.

Where can I watch their games on TV if I live in Syracuse? And no, I won't google it, I just won't. You folks are my google.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

He's more than athletic enough to play in the NFL. His cousins are Johnathan Josephs and Jadeveon Clowney so the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. His story is what is so great about it. He didn't have the grades coming out of HS so he attended Butler Community College. In his freshmen year at Butler, he blew out his knee and Butler released him from his JUCO scholarship. He ended up at Iowa Western Community College and only had a handful of catches while still recovering from his knee the previous year. 

Buffalo, in their transition to Leipold, still had remaining scholarships and were frantically trying to put a roster together with JUCO's and other players to fill in gaps that they felt were left by Jeff Quinn. They saw Anthony's tape and took at flyer on him in LATE JULY, only two weeks from starting fall practice at UB. He then redshirted last year before exploding onto the scene this year fully recovered from his knee injury. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

He's more than athletic enough to play in the NFL. His cousins are Johnathan Josephs and Jadeveon Clowney so the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. His story is what is so great about it. He didn't have the grades coming out of HS so he attended Butler Community College. In his freshmen year at Butler, he blew out his knee and Butler released him from his JUCO scholarship. He ended up at Iowa Western Community College and only had a handful of catches while still recovering from his knee the previous year. 

Buffalo, in their transition to Leipold, still had remaining scholarships and were frantically trying to put a roster together with JUCO's and other players to fill in gaps that they felt were left by Jeff Quinn. They saw Anthony's tape and took at flyer on him in LATE JULY, only two weeks from starting fall practice at UB. He then redshirted last year before exploding onto the scene this year fully recovered from his knee injury. 

I'm not saying he isn't athletic enough to play; I think he definitely is. My issue is that he looks like just an average athlete while also having poor technique. The only reason he stands out IMO is because he's playing against/with a lower level of competition. I'll be curious to see how much he improves by this time next year.

16 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Where can I watch their games on TV if I live in Syracuse? And no, I won't google it, I just won't. You folks are my google.

Most UB games can be seen live or on-demand through WatchESPN or whatever they call it now. They will also have some late season Tuesday or Wednesday games on ESPN2/U as well.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I was going to make a post about him a couple weeks ago asking the pundits here where they would think he would go.  I was assuming high end would be third round but if he could go in the first that would be great for the program.  To add that after Mack went 5th overall would look good to recruits.  Johnson is awesome and is going to have a huge year.  Both Jackson and Drew Anderson can run that offense at a high level and I think they are the favorites to win the MAC.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

50 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

You don't watch UB football. Double catches the ball..?

41 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I go to almost every UB game and this kid is a beast

he is easily a top 15 WR in the class. I don’t think he will run in the 4.4s but he is one of if not the best high pointer in college football 

he is unguardable in the MAC

Solid 3rd-4th round pick 

I would up that to 2nd-3rd.

4 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

You don't watch UB football. Double catches the ball..?

I don't. I just watched his highlights. Didn't seem all that impressive to me. I'd see him as a 3rd or 4th round pick if guys like Anthony miller are going in round 2 and guys like Michael Gallup are going in the 3rd. This guy is not on their level. 

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good for UB. I always thought they hired a great coach but man, it was a slow start.

UB could be a real big time program if the SUNY lets them. 

They are on their way.

the money they spend on their football program is more equated to a big 10 school , not MAC

soon they will be running the MAC. The way they develop players is on par with Power conference schools. 

Leipold finds 0* 2* JUCO guys and turns them into great players regularly 

Edited by Buffalo716