How Brandon Beane's First Draft Set the Foundation for the Bills' Present and Future

Great read...

The article doesn’t mention the Cardinals trying to trade up to 7 so I wonder if this really happened...

I don’t think the 2 seconds is as an overpay though, and I love it how he is still cheeky enough to get back TB’s 7th round pick...

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Great read...

The article doesn’t mention the Cardinals trying to trade up to 7 so I wonder if this really happened...

I don’t think the 2 seconds is as an overpay though, and I love it how he is still cheeky enough to get back TB’s 7th round pick...

I think he was just concerned that someone would jump ahead of them to 7 and take Allen

1 minute ago, nucci said:

I think he was just concerned that someone would jump ahead of them to 7 and take Allen

Yeah, plus the further the draft went on, the more teams that would have been able to match the draft capital required to move up. 

Obviously the Bills could outbid them, but I would think they wanted to nip a potential bidding war in the bud. 

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Yeah, plus the further the draft went on, the more teams that would have been able to match the draft capital required to move up. 

Obviously the Bills could outbid them, but I would think they wanted to nip a potential bidding war in the bud. 

I concur

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

Yeah I appreciate that and agree..

i just recall that on the day of the draft there were reports that the Cards were trying to get up to 7 for Allen so the Bills supposedly had to outbid them..

Hey, they got the 2 guys they wanted and didn't mortgage the future.  Not bad.  Now let's just hope the 2 first rounders work out.  If they do, it will clearly be the best draft in the history of the franchise.  

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Gil drafted Red Grange so he knows his stuff...

Funny because it's true!  But to my point, treating Gil Brandt's quotes about how Beane handled the draft the same way one treats Chris Brown's "reporting" is a little misguided.

I love what Beane did even more in this draft now, after reading that article!

One really wonders what 'ol Dougie would have done?  And even more so, I wonder if Beane's connections and relationships are at a different level than our former GM?

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Great read...

Colts moved from 3 to 6 and got 3 seconds... and the guy they probably wanted at 3.