Our QB coach hasn't coached quarterbacks since Ronald Reagan was President...

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Last time I will address this because I have 100 times already and can’t keep typing it out lol

Yes, Culley has not been a QB coach for a long time, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t very capable 

Culley is super respected in coaching circles and has the respect of some of the best minds in the game.

He is a technician, and harps on fundamentals and repetition and Xs and Os... he was a savant as a WR coach, all about the details

He brought that 100% to the QB room. I have seen good WR coaches become good QB coaches and vice versa 

He is not a WR coach by trade he is a FOOTBALL coach with vast amounts of knowledge 

So, he’s aware of the forward pass?     :)

I’m good.....

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

So between McDermott and Culley, we have 2 of Andy Reid's former Assistant Head Coaches on the QB team, and the OC's previous gig was coaching under Nick Saban for the National Championship. Maybe it's not so bad.

It's a pretty civil discussion in here. Who hurt your feelings?

If we are talking QB's and the passing game then Daboll's last gig is nothing to get excited about.  They only managed to top 200 yards passing twice and were pretty much there to not screw it up for the defense.  I think McDemott is a great defensive mind but being assistant to Reid does not in anyway mean he's ready to coach QB's otherwise he would have recognized how bad Dennison was botching the talent management side of OC last year.  Instead he threw Peterman in there who clearly wasn't ready.  I'm neither here nor there on the pick of Allen.  I think he is what they said he is, a great arm talent, good mobility, and a project.  The choice of Daboll as OC on the other hand I've scratched my head at all along.  There is nothing to suggest he's ready to take an NFL offense to the next level.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Last time I will address this because I have 100 times already and can’t keep typing it out lol

Yes, Culley has not been a QB coach for a long time, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t very capable 

Culley is super respected in coaching circles and has the respect of some of the best minds in the game.

He is a technician, and harps on fundamentals and repetition and Xs and Os... he was a savant as a WR coach, all about the details

He brought that 100% to the QB room. I have seen good WR coaches become good QB coaches and vice versa 

He is not a WR coach by trade he is a FOOTBALL coach with vast amounts of knowledge 

Correct. I have no idea how Culley will be as a QB coach with the Bills. But if he fails, it will have nothing to do with his lack of recent experience as a QB coach. Some of the best coordinators in the game started out coaching units on the opposite side of the ball.

21 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

If we are talking QB's and the passing game then Daboll's last gig is nothing to get excited about.  They only managed to top 200 yards passing twice and were pretty much there to not screw it up for the defense.  I think McDemott is a great defensive mind but being assistant to Reid does not in anyway mean he's ready to coach QB's otherwise he would have recognized how bad Dennison was botching the talent management side of OC last year.  Instead he threw Peterman in there who clearly wasn't ready.  I'm neither here nor there on the pick of Allen.  I think he is what they said he is, a great arm talent, good mobility, and a project.  The choice of Daboll as OC on the other hand I've scratched my head at all along.  There is nothing to suggest he's ready to take an NFL offense to the next level.

Bama's offense is "Bama's Offense". It belongs to Nick Saban, not the OC. Nick Saban brought Daboll in to run Bama's Offense, not Daboll's offense. Ground and pound, and go deep when you can. It says something that Saban trusted him to run their offense.

When that stopped working, Daboll fought to do it his way and finally got permission for the second half of the National Championship. Where he lead an air raid offense and true freshman to put up 3 TDs, 26 pts, and 166 yards passing, again, in one half.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.