What Is Your Favorite (or Least Favorite) Russ Brandon Memory

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Worst?  How about not being able to build a new stadium for the last 20 friggin years.   Dude should be power slammed through a burning table. 

Who's going to pay for it?

• Like (+1) 1

Simple- “hey Doug, don’t let Rex leave the building” (Russ Brandon).

by far one of the worst moves in Bills history. I dispised the hire from the beginning and hated it more as time went on. In turn, it proved to me what I always thought of Russ- that he had no business on the football side.

When the punter was the featured player on the front page of an ad for season tickets.

Don't get me wrong - I loved Moorman, but still ... the punter?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Who's going to pay for it?

You got 'ol Irv fired up.  Atlanta has built two new stadiums since 1992.  They replaced the Georgia Dome because it was "aging".  If that dome was aging, New Era field has been dead for 25 years.  Getting new stadiums built is what good NFL executives do.  Forget Brandon.  You should be power slammed through  burning table. 

Edited by Irv

11 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

For real?  All I know is that the people who knew Russ always said he was a great guy.   No wild stories like this.

Maybe its this kind of talk that related in the “professional conduct” allegation.  

Very generous in general to the public and those in working/service class fields; but boastful and chauvinistic with his peers. Bit of a salesman's ugly chip on the shoulder. Truly a throwback to a time before social media and #metoo. 

Majority of his interactions are quite respectful. Likable on one level, but an obvious snake on another.

I have been pretty vocal over the years to some ridicule how I have inner knowledge of what a sleeze Brandon was/is.  My friend who has done some business with the Pegula's & knows a lot of people in both organizations could go all night & tell stories about what an underhanded used car salesman Rusty was.  He told me one time that RB was pretty much fully responsible for convincing TP to run Ted Black out of the inner loop with his lies & exaggerations.  He also told me that move inside the Sabres Organization did not sit well since most of the people knew what really went down.  He also said Ted Black was a good honest man.  He also told me a long time ago RB was a womanizer & would use his powerful to try to intimidate other employees.  My friend said when TP took over, once the sale went thru his first order of business was actually to fire RB but somehow Rusty convinced him to give him even more power.  He said he sold out a ton of good honest hard working people that didn't deserve in both organizations to convince TP of keeping him.  Blaming others for his short coming.  Shame on TP for listening, but my friend said old Rusty could be very convincing. 

43 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I have been pretty vocal over the years to some ridicule how I have inner knowledge of what a sleeze Brandon was/is.  My friend who has done some business with the Pegula's & knows a lot of people in both organizations could go all night & tell stories about what an underhanded used car salesman Rusty was.  He told me one time that RB was pretty much fully responsible for convincing TP to run Ted Black out of the inner loop with his lies & exaggerations.  He also told me that move inside the Sabres Organization did not sit well since most of the people knew what really went down.  He also said Ted Black was a good honest man.  He also told me a long time ago RB was a womanizer & would use his powerful to try to intimidate other employees.  My friend said when TP took over, once the sale went thru his first order of business was actually to fire RB but somehow Rusty convinced him to give him even more power.  He said he sold out a ton of good honest hard working people that didn't deserve in both organizations to convince TP of keeping him.  Blaming others for his short coming.  Shame on TP for listening, but my friend said old Rusty could be very convincing. 

Wow I cant say I’m surprised to hear this given the rumored ethical issues which have been reported about Russ this week.

One thing I will say, I too know people that have dealt with Russ and the Bills both in business and philanthropy.  Everyone had good things to say about him and that he was “a good guy.”  Also they told me he was a scapegoat from the fans, and Russ even knew about it.  So while I have heard stories like you mentioned above, there were also people that did seem to positive experiences him.  

21 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

It was just "reported" by me in my post. I was there. These kinds of anecdotes are not uncommon.

Ok. But the remarks you are making these past couple of days do not stand alone. If these things were well known for  along time, the Pegulas would have to have known. The do background checks on draftees for Pete's sake. They didn't look into this fellow before handing him the keys to their kingdom?

Something doesn't add up. I am guessing that it never will add up. But it is odd to me.

There were no good Russ Brandon times.

I am from a family of salesmen and I know a scammer when I see and hear one.

Russ sweet talked his way into Wilson’s heart, he never really cared about him, just wanted to become successful.

When Ralph gave him a percentage of the team he hit the jackpot. A good salesman can scam their way into people’s minds,making them believe they are special.

If you are not smart, street smart , you buy into being stroked by Russ. 

Look at Russ Brandon’s eyes. Small, dark, round and evil looking. There’s a correlation between facial looks and personality, eyes and personality.

Its about time someone caught on to him.

Having said the above, I’d hire Russ in a nano second and pay him whatever he wanted. That guy is a master marketer, a spin master. He sucked most fans into buying tickets. He schmoozed fans like he did to Wilson and his staff. You people bought into him hook, line and sinker.

Glad he’s gone,Good riddance Russ. I hope these women sue the Bills and Brandon. Maybe he will have to relinquish some of the money he scammed from Ralph in the sale of the Bills.

28 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Wow I cant say I’m surprised to hear this given the rumored ethical issues which have been reported about Russ this week.

One thing I will say, I too know people that have dealt with Russ and the Bills both in business and philanthropy.  Everyone had good things to say about him and that he was “a good guy.”  Also they told me he was a scapegoat from the fans, and Russ even knew about it.  So while I have heard stories like you mentioned above, there were also people that did seem to positive experiences him.  

I think that was his thing, try to come off as a good guy but people that dealt with him closely knew a different side of him. 

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:38 AM, The Wiz said:

Though it was never confirmed, what I have heard is Pat was hired to do a job but never was given the power to do that job because of Russ AKA Russ marketing a bad team by hiring a known name.

I don't think Russ was involved with the Sabres when Lafontaine was there...he didn't get involved with the Sabres until after Ralph Wilson passed away.  As I recall, Lafontaine was fired in February, early March of 2014, and Ralph passed away late in March.  Russ was only a Bills employee at that time.

Edited by Buftex

2 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I don't think Russ was involved with the Sabres when Lafontaine was there...he didn't get involved with the Sabres until after Ralph Wilson passed away.  As I recall, Lafontaine was fired in February, early March of 2014, and Ralph passed away late in March.  Russ was only a Bills employee at that time.

Agreed.  Tim Murray was the one who put the kibbosh on Lafontaine.  

Murray basically pulled a power play and told Pegs he wanted complete control over the roster and no interference from Pat.   Lafontaine lost the power struggle and bolted, simple as that...

5 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Sorry.  It was Murray that was thinking of, not Russ.

• Like (+1) 1