Poll: Jordan Palmer's Future

Should the Bills try to find/create a position for Jordan Palmer?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills try to find/create a position for Jordan Palmer?

• yes
    • no

First off, I think he's probably happy with his life.  Less accountability, less travel, rent paid for on a house on Capistrano Beach

Second and more important, someone pointed out that under the CBA, the strict limits on player-coach contact outside the season would make it impossible for him to continue to work with Josh Allen next offseason.  If they have a successful and helpful working relationship, might not be the wise thing to bust that up.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

First off, I think he's probably happy with his life.  Less accountability, less travel, rent paid for on a house on Capistrano Beach

Second and more important, someone pointed out that under the CBA, the strict limits on player-coach contact outside the season would make it impossible for him to continue to work with Josh Allen next offseason.  If they have a successful and helpful working relationship, might not be the wise thing to bust that up.

Pay Palmer thru a "shell company" in the Bahama's.

All the other corporations do it.

jk

Edited by ColoradoBills

I'd love it, but as other have mentioned, it doesn't make sense for Jordan. I do think we need someone who can keep on Allen about mechanics on a day-to-day level. Maybe Culley is that, but I'm not terribly confident given that he's always been a WR guy. 

He probably makes more coaching up QB prospects and doesn't have to live the nomadic life of a position coach.  He just had 2 students drafted in the Top 10.  That's the best advertisement that his clinic can have.  

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh ok thanks for filling me in on the CBA. I guess the real question should be: Would Palmer be more effective as an offseason guru than a QB coach asst or personal trainer during the season? I'm not saying that Palmer is QB coach material but he seems to favour Allen over Darnold and apparently Allen grew by miles under Palmer's tutelage.

18 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I think that would be awesome.

But he's carved out a nice little niche for himself. Every year he's working with one of the top QBs in the Draft. This year he had two. He's being recognized as the go-to guy come Draft time. 

I wouldn't give that gig up.

McBeane always goes on about the Pegula resource centre. They could make him an offer he couldn't refuse. Furthermore, It wouldn't stop Palmer from making bank doing that gig during the offseason. Would it in terms of CBA Hapless Bills Fan?

17 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Why would he give up a niche that he works so hard to create? Just to go on one team? I don't think so because then, like the bills front office, he's hanging his hat and his future solely on Josh Allen.

One year deal only

Edited by Threedollabills

We have yet to see Allen take an NFL snap; how do we know if Palmer's any good? 

From Palmer's website:  "NFL Draft prep has allowed me to train some of the top guys the past 3 years such as Blake Bortles, Keith Price, Sean Mannion and Christian Hackenberg."  

Not exactly a murderers' row of QBs.  

Edited by Buffalo86
dumbass
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I think that would be awesome.

But he's carved out a nice little niche for himself. Every year he's working with one of the top QBs in the Draft. This year he had two. He's being recognized as the go-to guy come Draft time. 

I wouldn't give that gig up.

I get the enjoying what you do but it depends on how much he's paid.  Do you think Darnold and Allen even paid him 25K each?  I mean how much can that cost?

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I get the enjoying what you do but it depends on how much he's paid.  Do you think Darnold and Allen even paid him 25K each?  I mean how much can that cost?

It was three months - every day, all day. It's probably more like $100k/guy. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I read an article where the Bills said Daboll and Culley will be his primary day to day coaches and Palmer can be a mentor on the side if he wants

...it may be more beneficial to free lance as needed versus being tied down to day to day rigors of  a QB Coach...he's a big boy that can make that call....

• Like (+1) 1