Poll: Jordan Palmer's Future

Should the Bills try to find/create a position for Jordan Palmer?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills try to find/create a position for Jordan Palmer?

• yes
    • no

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

First off, I think he's probably happy with his life.  Less accountability, less travel, rent paid for on a house on Capistrano Beach

Second and more important, someone pointed out that under the CBA, the strict limits on player-coach contact outside the season would make it impossible for him to continue to work with Josh Allen next offseason.  If they have a successful and helpful working relationship, might not be the wise thing to bust that up.

That makes a lot of sense.  The CBA does seem to cramp development by limiting interaction.

2 hours ago, Threedollabills said:

Not sure if this has been floated yet, but I would like to know about how TBD feels about Jordan Palmer. 

Would love it, but Jordan stated on NFL radio - he was happy doing what he is doing.

I don’t think he wants to take on the year round rigors of a coaching position.

He makes great money working a couple of months with these guys and is becoming a go to guy - especially after Darnold’s Pro Day where everyone was raving about how Palmer put together his throws to highlight skill and minimize mistakes.

1 hour ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

Why oh why does everyone think this guy is some kind of QB whisperer?

Cuz he whispered to every GM that ROSEN is Ricky Schroeder on the inside...my guess is he quits before getting injured repeatedly to the tune of his new mentor. Hopefully ol' Sammy B doesn't teach Rosen how to be unavailable to play due to injury. BOOM SHAKALAKKA!!!! #silverspoons #joshandbrad4eva

Edited by Threedollabills

This is really a good idea... you should call Howard & Jeremy with this one. Or get at Sal & see if he can suggest it to Beane or someone in the building. 

7 hours ago, TheStateofWarshingtun said:

Might be a dumb question. Someone tell my why his career in the NFL never really took off? I dont know much about him. Did he just overall lack the talent? I see he had some good size.

Some people aren't good in the NFL but they just understand the game or positions so well, they'll make an excellent coach. Like our guy, Frank Reich... or Alex Van Pelt

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

First off, I think he's probably happy with his life.  Less accountability, less travel, rent paid for on a house on Capistrano Beach

Second and more important, someone pointed out that under the CBA, the strict limits on player-coach contact outside the season would make it impossible for him to continue to work with Josh Allen next offseason.  If they have a successful and helpful working relationship, might not be the wise thing to bust that up.

Excellent points, especially about the house on the beach ....why would he want to move to Buffalo?

3 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Yeah....need someone to teach running out of the back of the end zone.  That kind of unawareness doesn't come naturally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0OkR986LL4

You're right, let's go with the guy that threw a whopping 18 NFL passes in his career... For 0 TDs and 2 INTs, no less...

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

• 3 weeks later...