Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I'm not surprised at all that this snake would just pretend there's no sexual misconduct issue that triggered his resignation.  What kind of guy quits after being investigated and pretends he's been planning on quitting today for 20 years?

One could argue he is the main reason Buffalo still has the Bills and for that I commend him.    I feel really sorry for him if he exercised bad professional judgment.  Having done the same thing...I can't criticize only tell him to not hide from this or deny it if it happened.  Own it and move forward.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Huh?  He could have done nothing but slept in his office from 8-5 every day, and the team still would be profitable.  Its not like he reinvented the wheel.

Profitable outside the scope of the NFL's TV deal; he did a great job in maximizing the team's non-shared revenue.

1 minute ago, Klaista2k said:

Why is okay for Josh Allen to make racial and homophobic statements but it's not ok for Russ Brandon to hook up with a female employee? 

1) Allen wasnt employed at the time by the Bills.

2) The majority of the posts were retweets or song lyrics quoted.

3) He was 14 or 15. Pretty sure of you had tweets when you were 14 or 15 there would be plenty there to take down.

4) Sexual Harrassment is a federal Labor Law

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Why is okay for Josh Allen to make racial and homophobic statements but it's not ok for Russ Brandon to hook up with a female employee? 

Rather than answer this question I want to hear what you think the answer is.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I should be more clear: if he did anything nefarious (i.e. unwanted advances)

That's the thing about advances.  You don't know if they are unwanted, or otherwise, until after you've made the advance.

We should not be attempting to pathologize normal male sexuality, not even in the work place.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoeF said:

One could argue he is the main reason Buffalo still has the Bills and for that I commend him.    I feel really sorry for him if he exercised bad professional judgment.  Having done the same thing...I can't criticize only tell him to not hide from this or deny it if it happened.  Own it and move forward.

Wait.... you were fired for workplace misconduct too?  Honestly everyone has had moments of poor judgement.  It does seem in 2018, some people forget their own issues.

5 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Dude that has nothing to do with Russ Brandon's marketing.

People in WNY are just passionate about the Bills and are always gonna go to the games. 

I agree its a loyal fan base..but remember suite sales were the key to keeping the team a decade ago and he championed that effort and got it done. 

21 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

¶ ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) _ A person with direct knowledge of the decision tells The Associated Press that Buffalo Bills and Sabres president Russ Brandon is leaving his post in a major shake-up made by the teams' owners, Terry and Kim Pegula.

Edit:

http://buffalonews.com/2018/05/01/russ-brandon-resigns-from-bills-sabres-after-internal-investigation/

Russ Brandon has resigned as managing partner and president of the Pegula sports empire.

Kim Pegula has taken over as president.

The move comes after Pegula Sports and Entertainment conducted an internal investigation into Brandon's workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct, two sources told The Buffalo News.

Kim Pegula on Friday informed Brandon an internal investigation was being conducted. Two sources with knowledge of the investigation said it was triggered by allegations of inappropriate relationships with female employees.

When confronted by Kim Pegula, the sources said, Brandon denied any such relationships, but the investigation indicated he was deceitful about that and other job-related issues that were uncovered.

Holy Crap!  I was looking for The Onion or some non credible source, but it's Wawrow and Tim Graham, it must be for reals.

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Twitter rumor that he was fired for sexual misconduct 

Linked article says that too.