Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

5 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

People can hate on Brandon all they want but there's something to be said about a guy who can consistently sell out Bills games while in the midst of a 17-year playoff drought and most seasons playing meaningless games by December. Obviously he should have never been put in a GM role but that was Ralph Wilson's decision. He's also responsible for developing training camp at St. John Fisher which is typically referred to one of the nicest and most fan-interactive camps in the league by those that visit it.

I wonder what's causing the shake up? I'd assume they feel pretty good about the Bills right now. Ended the drought in the third year of their ownership. Just pulled the trigger and drafted what they think is their franchise QB. Hired the head coach they wanted all along, even before Rex. Sabres, on the other hand, tanked an entire season for nothing. Constant upheaval at the top since they bought the team. Dismal last two seasons, each with different coaches that can't seem to reach the players or figure out the best way to utilize their players. 

Should be interesting to learn more.

EDIT - In the time I spent typing up this post the information behind Brandon's departure was added to the thread. So uh... welp. Seems like Russ is a dingbat.

Dude that has nothing to do with Russ Brandon's marketing.

People in WNY are just passionate about the Bills and are always gonna go to the games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Tisk, tisk, tisk, Russ.

My grandfather, a successful business man, had few rules to his success. But his favorite rule to quote: Don't get your meat where you get your potatoes.

If you knew grandpa, you wouldn't be unemployed today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

While I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion here, both because of Brandon's (some would say deserved) unpopularity amongst the fan base, and because of a rush by SJWs and those afraid to confront them, to assume the guilt of any man accused of misbehavior; before I celebrate steps towards the financial ruin of another human being, I'd like to hear/see the evidence, know how the investigation was conducted, and hear Brandon's side.

Until then I stand opposed, on principle.

• Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I always defended the job he did in keeping the team profitable 

If he did this stuff then I'm thrilled to see him go

If he did what stuff?  It just depends on what he did.  If he made unwanted advances/harassed female employees, I'm with you 100%.  If he dated subordinates in consensual relationships, but failed to disclose it to the owners in violation of company policy (and perhaps used personal email accounts to correspond with his partners, which could be the "other stuff"), it's fairly common activity and possibly not all that reprehensible.  We just don't know what he did, yet.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Klaista2k said:

Dude that has nothing to do with Russ Brandon's marketing.

People in WNY are just passionate about the Bills and are always gonna go to the games. 

I agree with you 100%, but there's no use in spinning this wheel again.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I always defended the job he did in keeping the team profitable 

If he did this stuff then I'm thrilled to see him go

Huh?  He could have done nothing but slept in his office from 8-5 every day, and the team still would be profitable.  Its not like he reinvented the wheel.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

While I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion here, both because of Brandon's (some would say deserved) unpopularity amongst the fan base, and because of a rush by SJWs and those afraid to confront them, to assume the guilt of any man accused of misbehavior; before I celebrate steps towards the financial ruin of another human being, I'd like to hear/see the evidence, know how the investigation was conducted, and hear Brandon's side.

Until then I stand opposed, on principle.

Huh, I'm agreeing with you for once.

• Like (+1) 1

I wanted Russ out because he really was the last link to Ralph, along with Overdorff. 

Remember, we don’t know if the allegations about workplace misconduct or sexual harassment are true.  From the article, it sounded like they unconverted more information that they deemed a fireable offense.

From everyone I’ve talked to that know him, Russ was a pretty good guy that got a bad rap from fans

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

If he did what stuff?  It just depends on what he did.  If he made unwanted advances/harassed female employees, I'm with you 100%.  If he dated subordinates in consensual relationships, but failed to disclose it to the owners in violation of company policy (and perhaps used personal email accounts to correspond with his partners, which could be the "other stuff"), it's fairly common activity and possibly not all that reprehensible.  We just don't know what he did, yet.

I should be more clear: if he did anything nefarious (i.e. unwanted advances)