Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

1 minute ago, Captain Murica said:

Oh great, who are people going to blame for the Bills failures in the personnel department from this day forward ? 

Polishing my resume as we speak...

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Not a rumor!

http://buffalonews.com/2018/05/01/russ-brandon-resigns-from-bills-sabres-after-internal-investigation/

Russ Brandon has resigned as managing partner and president of the Pegula sports empire.

Kim Pegula has taken over as president.

The move comes after Pegula Sports and Entertainment conducted an internal investigation into Brandon's workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct, two sources told The Buffalo News.

Kim Pegula on Friday informed Brandon an internal investigation was being conducted. Two sources with knowledge of the investigation said it was triggered by allegations of inappropriate relationships with female employees.

When confronted by Kim Pegula, the sources said, Brandon denied any such relationships, but the investigation indicated he was deceitful about that and other job-related issues that were uncovered.

Wow. Can't believe it ended like this. 

People can hate on Brandon all they want but there's something to be said about a guy who can consistently sell out Bills games while in the midst of a 17-year playoff drought and most seasons playing meaningless games by December. Obviously he should have never been put in a GM role but that was Ralph Wilson's decision. He's also responsible for developing training camp at St. John Fisher which is typically referred to one of the nicest and most fan-interactive camps in the league by those that visit it.

I wonder what's causing the shake up? I'd assume they feel pretty good about the Bills right now. Ended the drought in the third year of their ownership. Just pulled the trigger and drafted what they think is their franchise QB. Hired the head coach they wanted all along, even before Rex. Sabres, on the other hand, tanked an entire season for nothing. Constant upheaval at the top since they bought the team. Dismal last two seasons, each with different coaches that can't seem to reach the players or figure out the best way to utilize their players. 

Should be interesting to learn more.

EDIT - In the time I spent typing up this post the information behind Brandon's departure was added to the thread. So uh... welp. Seems like Russ is a dingbat.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Not a rumor!

http://buffalonews.com/2018/05/01/russ-brandon-resigns-from-bills-sabres-after-internal-investigation/

Russ Brandon has resigned as managing partner and president of the Pegula sports empire.

Kim Pegula has taken over as president.

The move comes after Pegula Sports and Entertainment conducted an internal investigation into Brandon's workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct, two sources told The Buffalo News.

Kim Pegula on Friday informed Brandon an internal investigation was being conducted. Two sources with knowledge of the investigation said it was triggered by allegations of inappropriate relationships with female employees.

When confronted by Kim Pegula, the sources said, Brandon denied any such relationships, but the investigation indicated he was deceitful about that and other job-related issues that were uncovered.

Other job related  issues? He was no good at them?

Okay okay okay... the infidelity/workplace misconduct, fine. I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm glad he's gone.

But...is anyone else super excited to find out more about the other "job-related issues that were uncovered"? What wild speculation should we run with there? Meddling with the franchises beyond the scope of marketing? Internal threats? Financial shadiness? General snake-like behavior?

Just now, blacklabel said:

People can hate on Brandon all they want but there's something to be said about a guy who can consistently sell out Bills games while in the midst of a 17-year playoff drought and most seasons playing meaningless games by December. Obviously he should have never been put in a GM role but that was Ralph Wilson's decision. He's also responsible for developing training camp at St. John Fisher which is typically referred to one of the nicest and most fan-interactive camps in the league by those that visit it.

I wonder what's causing the shake up? I'd assume they feel pretty good about the Bills right now. Ended the drought in the third year of their ownership. Just pulled the trigger and drafted what they think is their franchise QB. Hired the head coach they wanted all along, even before Rex. Sabres, on the other hand, tanked an entire season for nothing. Constant upheaval at the top since they bought the team. Dismal last two seasons, each with different coaches that can't seem to reach the players or figure out the best way to utilize their players. 

Should be interesting to learn more.

Sexual misconduct