Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

13 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Please explain how you drew that conclusion from my post.

Very simply: if you had, you wouldn't be shoveling the misogynistic manure you've been shoveling in this thread.

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

Very simply: if you had, you wouldn't be shoveling the misogynistic manure you've been shoveling in this thread.

I was hoping you'd at least attempt to identify the "mysogynistic manure" you're speaking of, by I didn't actually expect a rational explanation. 

I guess the takeaway is unless you're willing to lump every guy who tries to get laid in with those who actually engage in sexual coercion you're a "mysogynist" who supports said coercion. Good to know.

I’m not interested in telling people how to live, but if you’re pursuing sex at work or within the company you leave your job at risk. I would even imagine there is probably language in their employee COC on this very matter.

I certainly doubt it was worth it at his pay. 

Soap box lectures on the stigmatization of male sexuality is irrelevant. Private businesses have rules to follow. Break them and you may lose your job. 

Edited by Rockpile233
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rockpile233 said:

I’m not interested in telling people how to live, but if you’re pursuing sex at work or within the company you leave your job at risk. I would even imagine there is probably language in their employee COC on this very matter.

I certainly doubt it was worth it at his pay. 

Nope... not worth it.

I can say that this has been going on to some degree since the early 00's and when he was Director of Marketing.  Having gone unchecked, I could see it getting pretty bad while he ascended all the way to proxy-owner.  When new bosses were in the building, he still couldn't help himself.  

We arent sure what was exactly done, but the Pegulas' trust seems to have been violated.  It has to go a lot deeper than that judging by the 'tone' of the Pegulas' statement as well as the sudden 'voluntary' dismissal of the most senior exec.  

They should have knew better and cleaned house when they bought the team.  

• Like (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Unfortunately, it is the price. As Thomas Jefferson said, "...a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing...," and what you are seeing is a rebellion against inequities that have existed for a long, long time. I hate to see anyone unjustly treated as a result; however, I do understand the reasons behind what we are seeing.  

Yup.  Decades of our historical sins seem to be coming home to roost at this moment.  I can understand why certain folks feel like they're caught in the teeth of something they didn't cause, that they're being punished for the crimes of previous generations - where all of a sudden, the tables are tilted towards women and minorities at the expense of the white working class male, and it feels fundamentally unfair, and you have certain factions of the Left cheering all of it on, and it could push one to believe that society has conspired against them... but I believe we'll look back some day and view this era as an important social re-calibration.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Yup.  Decades of our historical sins seem to be coming home to roost at this moment.  I can understand why certain folks feel like they're caught in the teeth of something they didn't cause, that they're being punished for the crimes of previous generations - where all of a sudden, the tables are tilted towards women and minorities at the expense of the white working class male, and it feels fundamentally unfair, and you have certain factions of the Left cheering all of it on, and it could push one to believe that society has conspired against them... but I believe we'll look back some day and view this era as an important social re-calibration.

The continuing, and sometimes painful, evolution of the collective consciousness

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

Do you know from experience? ?

i have dated people i've worked with in the past.  it was a while back, and there was a different attitude towards it, but not one seemed to care.  i was even a superior to both, (i couldn't hire or fire them though).  

now that i have my own office, i would never, ever get involved with it.  my employees are literally all women, and i wouldn't want them in any way, shape or form to fell uncomfortable, and ultimately disrupt the good thing we have going on here.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

They should have knew better and cleaned house when they bought the team.  

That's easy to say from hindsight, but as new owners and new to the business it's not necessarily a mistake to take some time and feel your way, get to know all the personalities in the building.

as a union steward I have represented  both men and women accused of such transgressions. I can tell that there is nothing in the world of romance or sex that can compensate you sufficiently for the hell your life will become

• Like (+1) 1

If these allegations prove true then good riddance.  

For those of you you on the other topic, all I have to say is take the red pill.  I love woman but the over correction of male sexuality and masculinity is getting old. MGTOW my friends.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

NO

No Class!

No Class!

Aww...did you get offended ❄? Have to call into work today because you laid in bed and cried yourself to sleep last night with your teddy bear clutched tightly to your chest?

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's not just your opinion, John, it's standard HR guidance given to every supervisor in every major company, and grounds for termination in most, because of the legal concept that free consent is clouded by an assymetrical power relationship.  I had to sit through hours of training on this stuff when I started supervising folks.

I am rather amazed at how many people aren't getting this.   In any situation where an employee in a relationship can say they had to do it to keep their job, it puts a company at risk.  To avoid the risk, company's simply make it a policy for dismissal.

Also, I think some here don't really understand what "at will" employer really means with regards to job security.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, fridge said:

Okay okay okay... the infidelity/workplace misconduct, fine. I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm glad he's gone.

But...is anyone else super excited to find out more about the other "job-related issues that were uncovered"? What wild speculation should we run with there? Meddling with the franchises beyond the scope of marketing? Internal threats? Financial shadiness? General snake-like behavior?

He lost everything on a scheme to con people on a message board so he could buy a parking garage east of Buffalo.

lol, the hall monitors in this thread crack me up.

kim herself slept her way to the top, and is essentially a billionaire for it, and is now running the team.  LOL just LOL at the balance of power garbage, she knew what she was doing the whole way, and so did the woman who beane was rooting.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, colin said:

kim herself slept her way to the top, and is essentially a billionaire for it, and is now running the team.  LOL just LOL at the balance of power garbage, she knew what she was doing the whole way, and so did the woman who beane was rooting.

giphy-downsized.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, colin said:

He's not wrong.

• Sad 1