Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

10 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

"But this man is not guilty of anything right now, he resigned."

You need to read everything!

It was big when it happened. I remember the draft and Losman, McCargo we all thought Buffalo was on it's way back. McCargo got hurt in camp but Losman looked like something. 2 years later, opps!

Sorry man, but levy didn't select Losman. Maybe you're thinking of Edwards? 

9 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

It was big when it happened. I remember the draft and Losman, McCargo we all thought Buffalo was on it's way back. McCargo got hurt in camp but Losman looked like something. 2 years later, opps!

"Pegula's brought the charges to Brandon and Brandon chose not to fight this and resign. This tells me Pegulas had good evidence but it wasn't so bad they wanted him charged."

What this means is the investigations in Pegula's Sport agency wasn't just Brandon but he was the highest figure so it was best things get changed. Why would the Pegula's want this to linger any farther, sexual harassment charges are serious if they go to court, the individual and company have a stake!

I did read everything.  You used the word “charged.”  It has a criminal connotation, especially when used in the context of private sector workplace misconduct. 

• Like (+1) 1

UPDATED INFO (?)

Some time between when this story first broke and now, apparently Russ Brandon came out with his own statement.

He is saying he wanted to hit 20 years with the organization and then "transition" out of the organization.  Has been planning this for a while.  He hit 20 last November, the draft is now over, and the timing is right to step away now.

So we have 2 competing stories as to why he left, at least for now.

Brandon isn't going to come out of this thing looking very good, I guarantee.

Edited by Fadingpain

9 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

UPDATED INFO (?)

Some time between when this story first broke and now, apparently Russ Brandon came out with his own statement.

He is saying he wanted to hit 20 years with the organization and then "transition" out of the organization.  Has been planning this for a while.  He hit 20 last November, the draft is now over, and the timing is right to step away now.

So we have 2 competing stories as to why he left, at least for now.

Brandon isn't going to come out of this thing looking very good, I guarantee.

That is old info. But I understand why he did that.

42 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

"Pegula's brought the charges to Brandon and Brandon chose not to fight this and resign. This tells me Pegulas had good evidence but it wasn't so bad they wanted him charged."

What this means is the investigations in Pegula's Sport agency wasn't just Brandon but he was the highest figure so it was best things get changed. Why would the Pegula's want this to linger any farther, sexual harassment charges are serious if they go to court, the individual and company have a stake!

Again no “we all” didn’t.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Again no “we all” didn’t.

we'll or some or maybe just me. go drink a six pack!

2 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

So he mailed in the last couple years to get to 20?

I wonder if he gets a severance package for getting axed?

Severance = some integrity

Brandon lead the charge to Ms. Wilson to sell the Bills to Pegulas at the most expensive franchise take over ever in the NFL by almost 400 million. 

The "black cloud" over Buffalo sports has been lifted!

Bills trade up to get their (hopefully) franchise QB!

Sabres win the draft lottery and right to draft Dahlin!

The "architect" of the worst period in Bills franchise history resigns!

All of Buffalo sports fandom, rejoice!

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, stuvian said:

I was very surprised that Brandon has lasted this long into the Pegula era. Usually an ownership and regime change means a total housecleaning. While Brandon likely had a very good severance package and was apparently found guilty of serious misconduct, I still find it sad when people get fired, even deservedly. 

Sexual harrassment is a serious issue which left unaddressed can destroy people and organizations. If Brandon is just getting his comeuppance now one wonders just what the culture at OBD was truly like. I guess our franchise was living in darkness on and off the field. Having a consensual affair is one thing, but ritual harrassment of subordinates is serious wrongdoing that cannot go unpunished. 

He must have been a pretty good BS artist to have cajoled this much power out of Ralph. The lack of thanks for his service in the Pegs PSA speaks volumes.

First thing I told my wife after Russ' comments to Benini (sp) on Channel 2 that made me think he couldn't even stop lying.

no where in the Pegulas statement, even after someone gets fired, was the standard, "we thank Russ for his years of service to the organization and wish him well in his future endeavors."

Man, it was better for him even yesterday to just say nothing instead of proving to us the reasons why he was let go.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, SDS said:

He's an at will employee. His employers chose to fire him. Perhaps he should have sought union protection? 

I trust that the reasons for his firing were sufficient for Kim and Terry and their business.

P.S. Your optics are awful.

What union? Is there one for Presidents of a franchise? Ive never heard of such a thing. Even if he did have “union protection” they may have not assisted in this matter. I can tell you first hand, unions dont like to get tangled in workplace sexual misconduct. My place of employment of 15,000 with a powerful union left a guy on an island all by himself for similar stuff- he was shown the door after 15 years of faithhful service to the company and his patients.

12 hours ago, SDS said:

He's an at will employee. His employers chose to fire him. Perhaps he should have sought union protection? 

I trust that the reasons for his firing were sufficient for Kim and Terry and their business.

P.S. Your optics are awful.

....he is actually under contract just like HC or GM....if he was fired, he gets paid in full like GM or HC....resignation is another matter and I do not believe he gets paid...

6 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Then we are having two different conversations.

As I said in one of my first several posts in this thread, I respect the Pegula's right, which I 100% support, to negotiate Russ Brandon's exit.  That is their decision, and I am far more generous in supporting the right of the employer to discharge any employee for any reason than most you'll encounter.

That is not what is in dispute.

What I am arguing against is the moral underpinnings of a guiding philosophy which directly ties how people should behave to how willing we are to sue people, and the hands-in-pockets, strangely humanist-yet-Puritanical, untrusting outcomes all of this dictates.

I understand that you're arguing the law, because the law is on your side.

I'm arguing that I think it's wrong to presume the accused is guilty simply because he's been accused.  And again, this shouldn't be controversial.

Edit:  And if what he was fired for was dipping his pen in the company ink, the only scandal is that Kim Pegula feels herself meta enough that she should be able to dictate to people who they should !@#$.  

If that was all you were arguing, then I agree, 100%. However, in this thread, and other threads regarding this topic, your posts appear to go beyond the bounds of merely arguing for the presumption of innocence into rants about biological imperatives and third wave feminism / #MeToo  - as if (1) men have no ability to control their behavior due to biological underpinnings of human behavior and (2) every allegation of sexual misconduct is nothing more than the product of vengeful feminism. In the end, the tone of your posts sometimes makes you sound very similar to the fringe you are railing against.

• Like (+1) 4