Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

2 hours ago, TXBILLSFAN said:

This is a great day for Buffalo

There is some justice to Russ' victims, yes, victims.  Make no mistake, what Russ did was sexual harassment.  The men who pull that **** deserve what they get, and, yes, justice is to be celebrated, even if it ruins his life.  He doesn't deserve our pity, his victims deserve our sympathy.

Secondarily, it rids these organizations of the so-called marketing genius, who self-promoted himself into football positions that led to crap decision after crap decision.  One of the most overrated executives in history, not to mention an arrogant prick.

And, please, can we stop the "how well respected he is in football circles" and "how he single handily saved the franchise from financial ruin" --- give me a !@#$ing break.

This is the same guy who was responsible for "selling" our home games to Toronto, imagine if that worked the way he wanted, we might be the Toronto Bills.  The same guy high fiving in the draft room after one of the worst draft day trades when we traded to draft Watkins.  The same guy who made sure the Pegulas "got their man", good ole Rex Ryan and his **** show.  The same who used a mid 1st round pick to draft EJ.  The same guy . . . fill in the blank, we can fill pages of his bad decisions.

Heck, he sold a Sabres home game to the Rangers THIS season.  He TOTALLY botched the marketing for the WJC in Buffalo this past year.  Great marketing Mr Wile E. Coyote Supra Marketing Genius. <_<

Very glad he's gone.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Billy Zabka said:

"When confronted by Kim Pegula, the sources said, Brandon denied any such relationships, but the investigation indicated he was deceitful about that and other job-related issues that were uncovered."

This line caught my eye...Hopefully more news forthcoming.

Probably some fudged expense reports.

52 minutes ago, Lurker said:

East Resources was a 31-well shale gas drilling outfit when it was sold.    We're not talking GM or P&G here...

But it was still a company with ~$6.5 Billion in assets - we're not talking pocket change. Sure, it didn't have the scale of GM or P&G, but do you think the sale of those assets to Royal Dutch Shell and American Energy Partners could have happened without a good investor relations program that was (likely) built by Kim? As part of her role, she would have had to deal with the complex financials and operations associated with all aspects of the business.

Not saying she was solely responsible for this, and that it directly translates to her ability to be President of Football ops, but I think you're underselling her role, responsibilities, and accomplishments.

2 minutes ago, Mr. ChumChums said:

But it was still a company with ~$6.5 Billion in assets - we're not talking pocket change. Sure, it didn't have the scale of GM or P&G, but do you think the sale of those assets to Royal Dutch Shell and American Energy Partners could have happened without a good investor relations program that was (likely) built by Kim? As part of her role, she would have had to deal with the complex financials and operations associated with all aspects of the business.

Not saying she was solely responsible for this, and that it directly translates to her ability to be President of Football ops, but I think you're underselling her role, responsibilities, and accomplishments.

Later in that same D&C artice:

"The Pegulas, now married for 22 years, have three children of their own, and for most of their marriage, Kim's primary duty was being a mother. It wasn't until the children — Jessica (21), Kelly (19) and Matthew (16) — grew and became more self-sufficient that Kim began to dabble in the business."

By the time Terry was ready to sell, he'd brought in Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.(a private equity fund) to deal with the Wall Street aspects.   No way Kim was qualified to handle that...

4 hours ago, Nitro said:

Russ was hated and now the whipping boy is gone.  Who is next for the fans to pillory?

How is the guy who was in charge of the Bills since the firing of Donahoe (2006) be considered a "whipping boy"? 

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

Only a matter of time.  If there's one thing Bills fans are good at, it's finding new scapegoats...

Cry me river for poor Russ Brandon.  The Bills had only 2 winning seasons since Brandon took over in 2006 (2014 and 2017).   Brandon ran the show, so he's responsible for the results, which stunk.  He's not a "scapegoat" or a "whipping boy" or a victim.  He failed, so he's out.

3 hours ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

Yeah, because that will win SuperBowls. But as long as the women are happy, that's all that matters...

How close to winning a Super Bowl have the Bills come since 2006 when Brandon was given control of the team?

3 hours ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I'm not saying he is blameless, but he did a hell of a job considering who he had to work for.

See above.  As the man in charge of the Bills, Brandon sucked.  He should have been terminated because of the team's poor record when the Pegulas bought the team.

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

The late 1960s-early 1970s are calling you young man.  The Bills were today's Browns once upon a time...

I've been a Bills fans since the early 1960s, and no, the Bills have never been as bad for as long as they've been under Brandon's watch.  Even in the miserable days of the late 1960s and 1970s, the Bills occasionally managed to put together a winning season or 2 and even make the playoffs.  They never went 11 straight seasons (2006-2016) with only 1winning season and 0 playoff appearances.

Edited by SoTier

26 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I've been a Bills fans since the early 1960s, and no, the Bills have never been as bad for as long as they've been under Brandon's watch.  Even in the miserable days of the late 1960s and 1970s, the Bills occasionally managed to put together a winning season or 2 together and even make the playoffs.  They never went 11 straight seasons (2006-2016) with only 1 winning season and 0 playoff appearances.

In the 13-year stretch from 1967 to 1979 they made the playoffs once and won a total of 60 games--an average of 4.6 per year (0.322 win %).   In eight of those 13 years, they won 4 games or less. They won 7 or more games only four times over that period.

In the 17-year "drought" era, they won  a total of 112 games or 6.5 per year (0.412 win %).  In nine of those years, they had 7 or more victories.  They won 4 games or less only two times.

IMO, mediocre (2000-17) was a lot more palatable than bad (1967-79), and I too have been here through all that frustration...

Edited by Lurker

2 hours ago, Billy Zabka said:

"When confronted by Kim Pegula, the sources said, Brandon denied any such relationships, but the investigation indicated he was deceitful about that and other job-related issues that were uncovered."

This line caught my eye...Hopefully more news forthcoming.

Drugs. It was probably drugs. Cocaine. 

• Haha (+1) 1

The problem with getting into a relationship with a subordinate at work goes beyond the issues it creates with that subordinate. It also affects your ability to do your job as a leader because other coworkers will question your motives for giving assignments, criticisms, raises and/or promotions to that person. This will be the perception whether there is bias there or not. In fact, it's probably impossible to even know if you're being biased because of the complete loss of perspective that this type of thing creates.

I get the argument that we spend most of our time at work and where are we supposed to meet people and all that, but relationships between co-workers need to be restricted to relationships between employees who are on equal footings, IMO. And even those need to be taken on with extreme caution.

Edited by vincec

8 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

¶ ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) _ A person with direct knowledge of the decision tells The Associated Press that Buffalo Bills and Sabres president Russ Brandon is leaving his post in a major shake-up made by the teams' owners, Terry and Kim Pegula.

Edit:

http://buffalonews.com/2018/05/01/russ-brandon-resigns-from-bills-sabres-after-internal-investigation/

Russ Brandon has resigned as managing partner and president of the Pegula sports empire.

Kim Pegula has taken over as president.

The move comes after Pegula Sports and Entertainment conducted an internal investigation into Brandon's workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct, two sources told The Buffalo News.

Kim Pegula on Friday informed Brandon an internal investigation was being conducted. Two sources with knowledge of the investigation said it was triggered by allegations of inappropriate relationships with female employees.

When confronted by Kim Pegula, the sources said, Brandon denied any such relationships, but the investigation indicated he was deceitful about that and other job-related issues that were uncovered.

Anyone taking pleasure of this announcement is just SIC! Your not a true Bills fan, just a troll. We all have good and bad memories of Russ running the Bills in different capacities. I wanted him gone!!! Not like this.

I always looked at Russ as a family man from Rochester to Western NY. Young guy who grew up in the Bills atmosphere. With power come a enormous burden to be more moral than the next guy. That is not easy, most men don't understand and alot of woman will exploit that. I would not want to be married and live their lifes. As a single guy, never married and 52 I can tell you alot of stories of the stuff I have seen with married men at bars. Doesn't matter what I do I am single but most married men behave worse than I do as a single guy. The point is don't judge or be judged. I am sure someone has seen something at one time in your life you would not want known!!!!!!!! No one but Jesus is moral enough to cast a stone here. Russ, good luck in your life. What ever happens here, be honest with your wife and keep it between your family. Us Bills fans don't need to know and don't want to know. Take care of FAMILY. Been a tough "20" years but I don't hate it, worse that happened is we needed to bomb out some times and give up on players quicker but knew alot of good men in that time, Kelsey, Williams, Woods, Jackson, Fitz, etc... You kept Levy legacy going, you loved NY. Fix your life, be a man, power isn't everything, family is. God Bless and find peace.

9 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Clearly Russ made the decision to draft Josh Allen

No Class!

9 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Y'all late. I dropped this before lunch. And sent messages too.

He !@#$ed too many other chicks.  #metoo

No Class!

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This puts Kim’s “best weekend ever” tweet into a whole new light 

No Class!

9 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I have said it before, but got yelled down.  Amongst other things, the guy is a sleeze (close second hand knowledge)

No Class!

9 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Ha, always knew that guy was a weasel. See ya pal.

No Class!

9 hours ago, teef said:

looks like russ played a bit too much grab ass at work.  that **** will always get you.

No Class!

8 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Good riddance.  Scumbag couldn't find some action at one of the area bars?  Local boy gets put in his place.  Hope to never hear from him again.  

No Class!

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Anyone taking pleasure of this announcement is just SIC! Your not a true Bills fan, just a troll. We all have good and bad memories of Russ running the Bills in different capacities. I wanted him gone!!! Not like this.

I always looked at Russ as a family man from Rochester to Western NY. Young guy who grew up in the Bills atmosphere. With power come a enormous burden to be more moral than the next guy. That is not easy, most men don't understand and alot of woman will exploit that. I would not want to be married and live their lifes. As a single guy, never married and 52 I can tell you alot of stories of the stuff I have seen with married men at bars. Doesn't matter what I do I am single but most married men behave worse than I do as a single guy. The point is don't judge or be judged. I am sure someone has seen something at one time in your life you would not want known!!!!!!!! No one but Jesus is moral enough to cast a stone here. Russ, good luck in your life. What ever happens here, be honest with your wife and keep it between your family. Us Bills fans don't need to know and don't want to know. Take care of FAMILY. Been a tough "20" years but I don't hate it, worse that happened is we needed to bomb out some times and give up on players quicker but knew alot of good men in that time, Kelsey, Williams, Woods, Jackson, Fitz, etc... You kept Levy legacy going, you loved NY. Fix your life, be a man, power isn't everything, family is. God Bless and find peace.

No Class!

No Class!

No Class!

No Class!

No Class!

No Class!

No Class!

Shut up

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Estelle Getty said:

Shut up

NO

8 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Russ got some polishing from a few too many interns apparently...

No Class!

8 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Would love to see Russ Brandon out somewhere.  Would love a chance to punch him in his punk ass face.  

No Class!

8 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

What are you talking about?

A man's life is being destroyed here and we have animals cheering based on zero information.

Awesome.  

No matter how you feel about what Russ did, this is not how it should end. Wison is crying right now real tears, same with Butler. Sad Bills day, this doesn't help our cause!

8 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

What rules did Russ Brandon break?  And do you mean rules, or laws?  And what constitutes just law here?  Do you mean "Don't run up and grab a woman by her breasts"?  Because I think we can all agree on that one.  Or do you mean "Don't do anything that has the potential to make a woman feel briefly awkward or uncomfortable?"  Because I don't think I can agree there.

He resigned not fired, statement was he was looking to leave after 20 years of service anyway. Means he was around to long and things got too comfortable. Sad but I can see this happening.

8 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Glad that slimeball is outta here forever. He should be banned from all sabres/bills games.

No Class!

8 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Russ you should not have hit in the Pegula Women. 

No Class!

8 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Well one thing for sure,  she won't be playing grab ass on the job so about 40% of her time is freed up.

No Class!

8 hours ago, JoeF said:

Not when you are the CEO.  Its different.  You will be seen as compromised by engaging in an internal relationship.

20 years in the same place with disfunction everywhere and small success but a power position. I am hoping One Bills Drive survives, sad day!

8 hours ago, dezertbill said:

Russ was a dynamic marketing mind that kept this team's season ticket and marketing afloat for decades longer than it should have.

And having hung out with him once upon a time, he was a really good dude.  Isn't a guy on this board that wouldn't enjoy having a beer with him.

Sad day. But today we live in a world (especially with a female owner) where we no longer tolerates extra marital affairs or unwelcome work misconduct.

Alleged misconduct. I fully understand the Pegula's distancing themselves too. But this man is not guilty of anything right now, he resigned. Even if he had affairs that makes him a bad husband, nothing else.

8 hours ago, mannc said:

It's impossible to know exactly what Brandon did, but I will say that the statement by the organization is strongly worded.  Terms like "personal misconduct" don't often get bandied about in press releases like this.  I think we're talking about something significantly worse than Russ just dating one or two girls who work for the organization.  It's also worth noting that Brandon probably was NOT an employee-at-will, so in order to constitute cause for termination, the (mis)conduct that he was accused of probably had to rise to a higher level than would justify firing your typical employee.

Pegula's brought the charges to Brandon and Brandon chose not to fight this and resign. This tells me Pegulas had good evidence but it wasn't so bad they wanted him charged. the woman must have agreed not to charge him and he resigned to stop any legality to the issues. 

3 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Alleged misconduct. I fully understand the Pegula's distancing themselves too. But this man is not guilty of anything right now, he resigned. Even if he had affairs that makes him a bad husband, nothing else.

Maybe nothing else. But if he used his position within the organization to pressure coworkers into relationships or something similar, then he most certainly is something more than just a “bad husband.” 

I’ll wait till more info is out there, but it’s telling that in his texted statement to the AP he competely omitted the misconduct allegations, and offered up a completely innocent reasoning for his resignation. It’s been reported that follow up requests for comment on the allegations went unanswered.