Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

1 minute ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Except, I am guessing you and your spouse never created a multi-billion dollar company like Kim and Terry did, I suspect.

That I didn’t but I have a master’s degree and 8 seasons in management in pro sports. I can actually do the job (and there are many people there way more talented than me).

Also, Terry owned a bunch of land and there was oil. He didn’t invent the teleportation. I’m not trying to downplay it. I am just being real. She is ABSOLUTELY not the best person for that job even in that building. She may not be in the top 40 best candidates. Look, I get why she has the role but let’s not confuse that with qualifications.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Yep - expect a huge drop in attendance in 2018 and beyond once everyone realizes Russ Brandon is no longer in charge. In fact, I expect half of season ticket holders to demand refunds.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm being sarcastic.

Maybe I ate too many paint chips as a child or lived too close to some power lines but...are you SURE you're being sarcastic? ? 

6 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Very different.  Kim helped create Eastern Resources; she didn't inherit a thing.

My point was just that it’s kind of commonplace to put family members of ownership in positions like Presuebt. Not every team even has a “President”. Bill Polian was president and ceo of the Colts when Chris was GM just so there would be someone as a buffer between the FO and irsay and to do media . It all depends on how much the owner wants to be involved in the day to day and how strong the GM is. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, fridge said:

I’m pretty sure she would include being co-owner of four professional sports franchises on her resume, so unless there’s something you’re not telling us she has you beat there.

That’s the point I am kind of making though. If a team was hiring for a chief revenue officer of a team, I believe that I would be more qualified. I’ve actually been in the weeds and done what needs to be done. The owners of teams have long, since delegated that work to me. Maybe a better way of putting it is the CEO of Boeing probably can’t fly a plane. So while CEO is more impressive than pilot, if you are interviewing someone to fly it, I’m hiring the pilot.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That I didn’t but I have a master’s degree and 8 seasons in management in pro sports. I can actually do the job (and there are many people there way more talented than me).

Also, Terry owned a bunch of land and there was oil. He didn’t invent the teleportation. I’m not trying to downplay it. I am just being real. She is ABSOLUTELY not the best person for that job even in that building. She may not be in the top 40 best candidates. Look, I get why she has the role but let’s not confuse that with qualifications.

Kirby, you might need to take a timeout. You’re treading into SKOOBY territory.

Edited by fridge
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I’m making the same case you are, it started a few posts before. In no way is this a good thing for the team and it’s not a congratulatory moment. When an inexperienced owner self appoints his/herself into a position within their own organization it’s usually a cause for concern. 

I dont like it one bit.

Sorry for the confusion and good post

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Football said:

I live in California so I’ve only been to one game in buffalo it was amazing!!! But all you guys on this board that go to those games and consistently sell them out should take the credit!!! Not Russ Brandon and his slimy sales tactics!! After all its you guys that make it fun to go to those meaningless games in December not because of Russ Brandon but the tailgating (table jumping) and crowd energy! Keep it up!! Love it!!  

Bye ?? RB!!

I'm not insinuating that Brandon deserves heaps of praise and credit. I'm just saying his marketing skills have played a role in keeping the ticket sales up over the years. 

The tailgating is pretty wild. I do think some fans go a bit overboard at times and end up gaining nationwide attention for all the wrong reasons. And then people uninitiated with Bills fans and games get the idea that all fans are drinking beer poured down some girls ass crack or everyone's trading jerseys for beejurs. But hey at least we aren't dirtbag Eagles fans who hurl (and waste) full cans of beer at Vikings fans with families as they enter the stadium. 

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You actually are trying to downplay it and with all due respect, I am guessing it isn't at the level of experience that Kim has been operating at for the past several years.  She has done it and will continue to do it.

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman

10 minutes ago, fridge said:

Kirby, you might need to take a timeout. You’re treading careful into SKOOBY territory.

Ha ha, see my Boeing comment above because that is more along those lines. If you gave Kim and I a test on revenue streams, what to do in different situations etc, I am extremely confident that I would do better. That’s my point. There are another 25 or so people (at least) that would do better than I would. She wouldn’t score near the top of the class. She is the president because she’s married to Terry Pegula not because she is the best sports executive in that building. She isn’t anywhere close to that.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Oh great, who are people going to blame for the Bills failures in the personnel department from this day forward ? 

Wow even the notoriously slow BuffaloBills.com has been updated.

And for blame there is always (deservedly more than Russ) Jim Overdorf.

1 minute ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

You actually are trying to downplay it and with all due respect, I am guessing it isn't at the level of experience that Kim has been operating at for the past several years.  She has done it and will continue to do it.

Yeah, hiring Rex knocked it out of the park!