RUMOR--The Bills called the Falcons about Julio Jones?

Anyone else hear this?

The morning show on WGR said there is a new "hot rumor" that the Bills have called the Falcons about Julio Jones.

Apparently Julio has taken down all Falcons related stuff from his social media and is unhappy about not having a new deal

• Sad 1

Beane:  Thomas, how you doing?

Dimitroff:  Brandon, doing great.  You surviving the 9 months of winter?

Beane:  Yeah buddy, its different than Carolina...Heard Julio was dissatisfied with his deal.  We'd be more than happy to take him off your hands.

Dimitroff:  This year's 22 and next years #1?

Beane:  Jeez, I think I'll call Gettleman about OBJ again...

Dimitroff:  Julio's don't grow on trees.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Anyone else hear this?

The morning show on WGR said there is a new "hot rumor" that the Bills have called the Falcons about Julio Jones.

Apparently Julio has taken down all Falcons related stuff from his social media and is unhappy about not having a new deal

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Anyone else hear this?

It was debunked immediately. It was from IC Bob or someone like that. He said that the Bills were offering a 2019 1st. 

Just because the draft is over does not mean it still can’t happen. Bills trade first and 3rd in 2019 

for him. Also Beane hinted in his Interview on WGR 

about adding a WR. Plus the falcons took a WR Ridley of Alabama with their first round pick this year. Just start adding up all the stuff. Why would a team that has plenty of good Wide Receivers draft one in the first round.  Maybe they don’t want to pay him and make him the highest paid WR In football. Then there is this article about the Falcons not being happy about their Receivers. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/01/4-questions-about-the-falcons-2018-nfl-draft-class/amp/

6 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Just because the draft is over does not mean it still can’t happen. Bills trade first and 3rd in 2019 

for him. Also Beane hinted in his Interview on WGR 

about adding a WR. Plus the falcons took a WR Ridley of Alabama with their first round pick this year. Just start adding up all the stuff. Why would a team that has plenty of good Wide Receivers draft one in the first round.  Maybe they don’t want to pay him and make him the highest paid WR In football. Then there is this article about the Falcons not being happy about their Receivers. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/01/4-questions-about-the-falcons-2018-nfl-draft-class/amp/

Why doesn’t it make sense? Teams don’t trade top 2 receivers when they are a playoff team. The Falcons are 15 months removes from a 25 point Super Bowl lead. Established superstars don’t get dealt. They especially don’t get traded from good teams. This rumor is absurd and should be treated as such.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I meant as in it hasn't been debunked yet

Yeah it has, mainly because the original source is incarcerated bob. Therefore, it never had any real merit to begin with.

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why doesn’t it make sense? Teams don’t trade top 2 receivers when they are a playoff team. The Falcons are 15 months removes from a 25 point Super Bowl lead. Established superstars don’t get dealt. They especially don’t get traded from good teams. This rumor is absurd and should be treated as such.

We literally traded for Shady.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I meant as in it hasn't been debunked yet

The original source was Incarcerated Bob and the guy that "debunked" it is Benjamin Allbright; neither of which are super reliable.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Yeah it has, mainly because the original source is incarcerated bob. Therefore, it never had any real merit to begin with.

We literally traded for Shady.

That was a totally different situation. Chip Kelly wanted his guys and his guys only. These guys traded up to draft Julio and then gave him a giant extension. It is apples and oranges.

Just now, Ifartalot said:

The Bills don't have the cap space to afford Julio Jones this year.

Yes they do....

I get that there's almost no chance of this happening, for a variety of reasons, but I can't help but get a little excited at the thought of Julio Jones tracking down bombs from Josh Allen. 

az616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=110&h=78c53e067

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Ugh..

Let me try this again....

WGR said nothing about this rumor being debunked on the show this morning when they brought it up.

They called it a "hot new rumor"

If I had known this was debunked already, I wouldn't have created this thread.

Sorry

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Ugh..

Let me try this again....

WGR said nothing about this rumor being debunked on the show this morning when they brought it up.

They called it a "hot new rumor"

If I had known this was debunked already, I wouldn't have created this thread.

Sorry

Okay, well ya know, maybe dont site WGR either next time.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That was a totally different situation. Chip Kelly wanted his guys and his guys only. These guys traded up to draft Julio and then gave him a giant extension. It is apples and oranges.

Yes they do....

Your words were established stars dont get traded, I said we traded for Shady. Now you throw in different variables around a broad statement. 

Moreover, you can throw in whatever various reasons why but guys like 

Dickerson

Bettis

Faulk 

Montana 

Portis/Bailey

All pretty big names to be traded 

I could see this happening.

From the Bills perspective:

I am sure McD and Beane worship Jones having had to play him for years and the formula with young QB's is give them stud veteran WR's to elevate their play.     The WR in the draft next year should be better than this past class but there isn't a freak on the list that is a lock to be great.    FA WR will be slim pickings.    And what WR is going to choose playing in Buffalo if they can avoid it?   Makes a ton of sense for Bills.

Falcons perspective:

They are kinda' cap tight and just drafted a WR in round 1 to an already deep core.........Dimitroff is from the Belichick tree and this would be a very BB move..........Matt Ryan was less productive than Tyrod Taylor last year despite a 1400 yard receiver in Jones,  so maybe they figure having a cast of WR's that won't get upset if they don't get 10 targets per game is a better fit for Ryan.    And lastly Julio is 29 and has had injury issues.......perhaps they feel he's on the decline and want to get high value before the bigger dropoff.  

• Thank you (+1) 1