Brady plans to play at least two more years

8 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Do you piss in your own cheerios for sport ?

Tom Brady pisses in his cheerios, your cheerios and every TBD poster's cheerios.

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

Unless he has mastered an ancient secret for rejuvinating his own flesh with the raw power of his ego, Tom's going to slow down.  The problem is, he thinks he's immortal, that it's a mental thing, that he won't have to retire until he wants to. 

Being MVP of the league at 40 and throwing for 500 yards in the Super Bowl probably does make one feel that way. Brady will slow down eventually. I'm just not counting on it being over the next two years. 3-5 more likely. QBs in general do seem to be playing longer these days. Brees is pretty much right there with Brady in having discovered the fountain of youth. 

19 hours ago, WhoTom said:

'A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.' - Vito Corleone

The dude has tons of money, a guaranteed ticket to Canton, and five rings. And instead of retiring so he can spend time with his family, he just skips the voluntary workouts. His kids will remember THAT.

WHAT! They will remember DAD was the best QB of all time and will succeed just to not let Dad down. Tom is a cool guy! TED 2 proved that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Tom Brady pisses in his cheerios, your cheerios and every TBD poster's cheerios.

Nope never happened.

Now if you were ot have said that weak ass Bills teams with crappy coaching and bad management pre McBeane pissed in my cheerios constantly then I would of agreed.

But the Pats and Brady have never.. They just play good football. Its the Bills that pissed the bed all those years

Edited by ddaryl

9 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Being MVP of the league at 40 and throwing for 500 yards in the Super Bowl probably does make one feel that way. Brady will slow down eventually. I'm just not counting on it being over the next two years. 3-5 more likely. QBs in general do seem to be playing longer these days. Brees is pretty much right there with Brady in having discovered the fountain of youth. 

Brady will most likely be able to play at the same level for a number of years. However, Brett Favre once talked about his decision to retire, saying something to the effect that he was still able to throw the ball well and do everything else as he had been, but his body couldn't take the punishment of getting hit anymore.

Not being able to take the hits will end up being Brady's undoing, not that he can no longer throw for 500 yards in a game.

On 5/1/2018 at 7:42 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23369972/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-says-plans-play-season

'I want to inspire people'   :sick:  

Inspire them to join AARP instead Tom.  

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady confirmed his plans to play in 2018 and repeated his goal to extend his career into his mid-40s during an appearance Monday at the Milken Institute Global Conference in California, while detailing why he's taking a different approach this offseason, staying away from the team's voluntary offseason program.

"Part of this offseason for me is certainly about still preparing for what's ahead in my next journey, my next mountain to climb with this group of teammates, but it's also [acknowledging] that a lot of people are getting the short end of the stick in my life -- certainly my wife and my kids," Brady said in an hour long conversation with moderator Jim Gray

This, or should I say these points, the bold parts ARE HIM ALREADY THINKING ABOUT RETIREMENT.

This guy seriously needs to call Marv Levy and have it explained to him what it means when you are already talking like this.

T-Braid (maybe it will become a thing) if you are going to talk the talk you might as well walk the walk...for the kids' sake.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Brady will most likely be able to play at the same level for a number of years. However, Brett Favre once talked about his decision to retire, saying something to the effect that he was still able to throw the ball well and do everything else as he had been, but his body couldn't take the punishment of getting hit anymore.

Not being able to take the hits will end up being Brady's undoing, not that he can no longer throw for 500 yards in a game.

Maybe so. For Peyton it seemed the opposite though. Guy flat out couldn't throw anymore. Favre certainly did seem to get beat up a lot. Much more than Brady and Peyton were or have been. Brady has always been very good at protecting himself. 

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Father time is undefeated

Brady is gonna hit the wall.....and to be perfectly honest I want to see the bills overcome the pats on their way back to greatness as part of their milestones...not because someone retired.

Lets get em

Agreed. That wall is coming much much sooner rather than later.

He is going to be.a washed up has been before you know it. Hopefully he is still playing when that happens.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

This, or should I say these points, the bold parts ARE HIM ALREADY THINKING ABOUT RETIREMENT.

This guy seriously needs to call Marv Levy and have it explained to him what it means when you are already talking like this.

T-Braid (maybe it will become a thing) if you are going to talk the talk you might as well walk the walk...for the kids' sake.

He is a guy who has been successful because of a supreme level of focus and dedication (and cheating).

I cant help but think that these thoughts being made public are a pretty strong sign that the concentration and dedication is now being eroded.

Maybe he flips a switch when training camp opens and is in it 100%. 

If things dont go great for the Pats this season, I could really see him hang them up.

7 hours ago, CLTbills said:

I'd love for Tremaine Edmunds to change his mind....

4 times in one game 

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

which was the exact reason why I bolded them  (or thought I had) 

21 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

He is a guy who has been successful because of a supreme level of focus and dedication (and cheating).

I cant help but think that these thoughts being made public are a pretty strong sign that the concentration and dedication is now being eroded.

Maybe he flips a switch when training camp opens and is in it 100%. 

If things dont go great for the Pats this season, I could really see him hang them up.

I think he would be there today if they gave him an extension and allowed Guererro in the building. He is still going to Foxboro everyday just not the stadium.