Brady plans to play at least two more years

It sounds like Brady's love of the game is finally winding down.  He doesn't feel fully appreciated.  He mentions that his family is getting the short end of the stick.  He's not going to attend voluntary offseason workouts this year.  

Maybe he'll retire at the end of this season.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

It sounds like Brady's love of the game is finally winding down.  He doesn't feel fully appreciated.  He mentions that his family is getting the short end of the stick.  He's not going to attend voluntary offseason workouts this year.  

Maybe he'll retire at the end of this season.  

we can only hope.   

Giselle must be ragging on him big time.    One more concussion and she may say enough is enough. 

I'm wondering just what Belicheat is thinking with  Tom not wanting to attend voluntary offseason workouts 

37 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Not a big deal. mcGinest didnt attend voluntary workouts either. Brady says he is getting in the work. Im sure he will be ready for mandatory minis.

Not a big deal?   Mr TB12 Brady, a devotee to football 100% of the time is slacking off.

It starts with a joint and ends with a needle.   OOPS wrong analogy,   It starts with VTA's then progresses to MTA's then he says F it I am not playing on Thanksgiving, Christmas or  New Years weekends.  

• Haha (+1) 1

A motivated Brady has been the most dangerous weapon in the NFL for the last 20 years...let's hope he's actually thinking about stopping for real....although that article about having a countdown clock in his gym towards SB52 doesn't sound like someone who's thinking about retirement......

Just retire Tom...you're the best ever, blah blah blah...now just leave us alone......

4 hours ago, ddaryl said:

This is awesome news. Because beating a Brady-less patriots team in the next 2 years would just be unfulfilling

Unfortunatley it's going to go the other way.  Brady will continue to own us for a couple more years, then retire, maybe around the time we get good, if we are going to get good.  And then the revenge will not be nearly as sweet.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Unfortunatley it's going to go the other way.  Brady will continue to own us for a couple more years, then retire, maybe around the time we get good, if we are going to get good.  And then the revenge will not be nearly as sweet.

Do you piss in your own cheerios for sport ?

• Haha (+1) 1

The one thing you can never beat is time. Time waits for no man. It catches up to us all. All it takes is one hit, one misstep, one cleat to grab the turf the wrong way, one awkward landing. and Brady's career is over. Outside of his lone ACL tear he has been one of the most healthy and fortunate football players I have ever seen. But you never know, fate may have other plans for Mr. Brady and they may not include going out on his own terms. 

• Like (+1) 2

I for one would love to see him go out with a whimper as he holds back the team giving them a few ****ty seasons.

Unfortunately the reality is he'll probably have them contending right up to the moment he hangs it up.

Unless he has mastered an ancient secret for rejuvinating his own flesh with the raw power of his ego, Tom's going to slow down.  The problem is, he thinks he's immortal, that it's a mental thing, that he won't have to retire until he wants to.  Sorry, that's a call your body can make for you.  Personally, I think it's ego-driven.  He wants more rings, wants more press clippings, wants to be the QB that went to his mid-40s, anything and everything to pad his legacy.  I almost get the impression he'd be lost if he retired.  No games, no drama, no NFL experts talking about him being the GOAT week in and out.  He'd miss the limelight.

I just have a very bad feeling Father Time will catch up to him, and his legacy will end with him curled up in a broken ball on the field after a clean hit in a regular season game.  About the farthest thing from riding off into the sunset.

12 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Good.  I want to see him decline and fall off that cliff.

I have to agree with this. Very rarely do QBs retire when they should. Perhaps it’s their egos, but usually the last 2-3 years of their careers seriously pale in comparison to their peak. So, let him play. If he can give us the last years of Kelly or Marino or Favre, we can only benefit. 

If he wants to play for 2 more years to we need to blitz 47 on every play vs the *pats.

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

Unless he has mastered an ancient secret for rejuvinating his own flesh with the raw power of his ego, Tom's going to slow down.  The problem is, he thinks he's immortal, that it's a mental thing, that he won't have to retire until he wants to.  Sorry, that's a call your body can make for you.  Personally, I think it's ego-driven.  He wants more rings, wants more press clippings, wants to be the QB that went to his mid-40s, anything and everything to pad his legacy.  I almost get the impression he'd be lost if he retired.  No games, no drama, no NFL experts talking about him being the GOAT week in and out.  He'd miss the limelight.

I just have a very bad feeling Father Time will catch up to him, and his legacy will end with him curled up in a broken ball on the field after a clean hit in a regular season game.  About the farthest thing from riding off into the sunset.

I have a very GOOD feeling this will happen.

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

Edited by thunderingsquid