First take on final 53

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I like the talent when it is laid out like that...its a pretty good roster.

I def think Kerley makes it......and I think Reilly makes the team with his 4.2 speed...i think a couple of those draft picks go to practice squad

I think you inverted the 2

11 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Why can’t a back up center perform the duties of a long snapper? 

Lol the long snapper has the easiest !@#$ing gig I swear. 

They practice with the kicker and the punter on the other field like the whole time.  Your backup center has to actually snap to QBs a lot, and work on blocking technique. 

If they practiced at a different time - maybe it could work?  It's why the punters basically always hold kicks now too, they're already over there with the LS and kicker.

I don't think they keep 7 WR's on active roster.  One of those drafted will be on the PS to start the year IMO.  Who knows though.  How many did they start with last year on the active?

Edited by Lagoon Blues

58 minutes ago, dneveu said:

They practice with the kicker and the punter on the other field like the whole time.  Your backup center has to actually snap to QBs a lot, and work on blocking technique. 

If they practiced at a different time - maybe it could work?  It's why the punters basically always hold kicks now too, they're already over there with the LS and kicker.

You’re right. I forgot that the second units run too 

4 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Makes sense,just thought the 3rd or 4th string TE might be able to do it

Oh yeah they definitely can. I just think teams would rather keep a specialized guy to do it. There is always a backup long snapper who is a position player just in case the LS gets injured. But teams have a long snapper for the same reason they have punters hold for kickers. It's such an important thing but having your quarterback do it is a huge waste of practice time. It easier to just have the punter do it. 

21 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

After a great draft and signing of undrafted free agents here is my first take on the final 53 man roster we will see for the start of the season:

QB : McCarron, Allen, Peterman

RB - McCoy, Ivory, Caderet, DiMarco

WR - Benjamin, Jones, Streeter, Holmes, Foster, McDonald, Prohel

TE - Clay, O'Leary, Thomas, Lee

G/C - Miller, Duchasse, Teller, Groy, Bodine

T - Dawkins, Newhouse, Mills, McDermott

ST - Haucheska, Ferguson, Schmidt

DT - Lutulii, Williams, Phillips, Washington

DE - Hughes, Murphy, Lawson, Yarborough

OLB - Milano, Humber, Stanford, Alexander

ILB - Edmunds, Vallejo

CB - White, Davis, Johnson, Gaines, Wallace

S - Hyde, Poyer, Neal, Bush

I'm assuming we may pursue depth at MLB and possible get rid of TE Lee or move McDonald or Proehl to the practice squad.

Your thoughts and feedback as always are welcome

Gaines went to the Browns 

23 hours ago, dbflaBill said:

McCloud makes this team over Cadet. He fills several different holes/needs. 3rd RB, returner, and slot WR. His ability to play several positions is what'll help him make the team. Proehl is a very good possession WR will be a good fit and should develop quite nicely. Still need ILB depth, Edmunds played outside so you never know if he will adjust that well to a new position. 

why over Cadet and not over a WR?..

Wallace is interesting. He went from playing flag football in intramurals to starting in the college playoffs in 3 yrs. I wouldn't rule the guy out.

Foster I'm not as sure about. He was a 5* recruit, but he wasn't very productive. Of course, Alabama was loaded at WR which limited his touches. 

55 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

Bills aren't keeping 7 WR. Theyll only keep 5 or 6. Plus He can fill Cadets role allowing the Bills to keep only  3 backs and 5 WR. Hes the 3rd back and 6 WR essentially freeing up a roster spot for an extra DB, LB or OL. 

2 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Who is WR McDonald ? Don't see him on the roster.

I think he has a leg up over Prohel. He is a very sure handed returner and should replace Tate.

1 hour ago, Tsaikotic said:

I think the idea is that McCloud could be more of a slash type player. returner, slot reciever, running back. He was a highly recruited running back out of high school. I still think the Bills will keep a guy like Cadet and McCloud. I would actually replace Cadet with Shane Vereen, who is sitting out there and knows this system well.