Bronxbomber21

[edited title] Robert Foster, UDFA - Roster shot?

On 8/6/2018 at 1:07 PM, Dablitzkrieg said:

He is dropping EVERYTHING.  Don't think he makes it out of first cuts :(

No first cuts this year.  Roster stays at 90 until cut-down to 53

Cut this bum now.  No heart at all, stopping on a route, not laying out for catchable balls.  Last time we saw a receiver quit this bad in a preseason game was Da'Rick watching as that pick 6 went right by him in Indy.

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Cut this bum now.  No heart at all, stopping on a route, not laying out for catchable balls.  Last time we saw a receiver quit this bad in a preseason game was Da'Rick watching as that pick 6 went right by him in Indy.

They knew when they signed Foster that his playing experience was minimal. 

They signed him because he has something uncoachable - that speed.

Given no first cuts this year, my guess would be he stays through the 2nd game.  They will watch film with him, they will coach him, and they'll see if he's able to improve based on that coaching.  If the answer seems to be "no", then as other guys become available around the league, yeah, he's a candidate for shedding.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Given no first cuts this year, my guess would be he stays through the 2nd game.  They will watch film with him, they will coach him, and they'll see if he's able to improve based on that coaching.  If the answer seems to be "no", then as other guys become available around the league, yeah, he's a candidate for shedding.

You can't coach heart, and he showed none tonight.  Maybe the light comes on, and he gets a Grinchy moment and his heart grows 3 times that day, but I doubt it.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes and if they think he can correct the weak spots with some work he has a shot at the practice squad.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ray ray > Robert 

Absolutely.

8 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

You can't coach heart, and he showed none tonight.  Maybe the light comes on, and he gets a Grinchy moment and his heart grows 3 times that day, but I doubt it.

That play right there may have cost him what slim chance he had at the practice squad.

Reminded me a lot of Sammy Watkins giving up on routes.  Bad news for Foster is he isn't Sammy Watkins.  For a guy who caught less than 10 balls a year in college you think he'd be playing like a mad dog for the chance to be in an NFL game 

• Like 1

With those alligator arms I'm surprised he didn't play for Florida.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WMDman said:

should be first cut

There is no longer a 1st cut. It's 90 to 53 after the last preseason game.  At any rate Foster will be released. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There is no longer a 1st cut. It's 90 to 53 after the last preseason game.  At any rate Foster will be released. 

im saying he should be the first player cut

• Like 1

Just now, WMDman said:

Gotcha.

2 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Saying the same, cut him and get someone in here who might be able to help.  Give him one more game, see if he goes Tin Man and gets a heart.

On 8/9/2018 at 9:49 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Ray ray > Robert 

Heck Cam Philips > Robert Foster