[edited title] Robert Foster, UDFA - Roster shot?

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2018 at 3:24 PM, Logic said:

Foster clearly has the talent to contribute.

As I said earlier in this thread, it really will come down to whether or not he can be a quality contributor on special teams. If so, he can carve out a spot on the 53 man roster. If not, he'll be a practice squad candidate at best.

One thing I've learned over the years is to not get my hopes up too high for "UDFA STEAL RECEIVERS!!!!!!!". Martin Nance, Da'Rick Rogers, and Brandon Reilly all say "hello".

I'm just wondering how he doesn't make the roster at this point.  Who do we have on the depth chart ahead of him?   An orange cone?

1 hour ago, Soda Popinski said:

I'm just wondering how he doesn't make the roster at this point.  Who do we have on the depth chart ahead of him?   An orange cone?

It will depend on how many WR's the Bills keep. KB, Jones, McCould, and Streater seem like the top 4 right now. The will leave one or two spots at WR. 

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...what is his ST prowess?.....could improve his chances......

Someone said we could use him like Tyreek Hill which would be great because he could return kicks and punts. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/16/2018 at 5:12 PM, Logic said:

He is competing to make the roster as a wide receiver, PERIOD.

Benjamin
Jones
Kerley
Holmes

are likely making the roster. That leaves two spots at most. I'd LOVE it if Foster beat out Andre Holmes and could contribute on special teams and offense. Time will tell if he can do it.

Not disagreeing... 

But Kerley has been given multiple shots around the league, he better shine or I might think of going with my younger guys to get experience.

And I’m just not sold on Holmes, I rooted for him last year, but he just seemed to disappear in games. He hasn’t really been mentioned much... yeah he’s special teams.  Question is can Reilly fill his shoes?

KB

Jones

Streater

Reilly

Prohel

Foster/McCloud

33 minutes ago, Rico said:

I'd like to see him and my guy Ray Ray step up and make the team. I also like what I'm hearing about Dupre.

It's going to be close.

I think Zay, Kerley, and Benjamin will be locks. Also think Holmes with be our primary Split End backup. After that gonna have Foster, Reilly Dupre, McCloud and Streater for one  or two spots.  No idea who will get it but I'm rooting for Reilly. Think he would be the most consistent out of the bunch. But seems coaches like Dupre more. Feel that Foster is the type that looks good in practice but will never translate to the field.  McCloud could make team as a returner but as a receiver he is behind the others. 

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so then is "Ha-Ha Clinton Dixon" in your wheelhouse??....just askin....

No, Ray Ray and Choo Choo are cool. Ha Ha sounds like some kid from North Korea (not that there's anything wrong with that).

3 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

It's going to be close.

I think Zay, Kerley, and Benjamin will be locks. Also think Holmes with be our primary Split End backup. After that gonna have Foster, Reilly Dupre, McCloud and Streater for one  or two spots.  No idea who will get it but I'm rooting for Reilly. Think he would be the most consistent out of the bunch. But seems coaches like Dupre more. Feel that Foster is the type that looks good in practice but will never translate to the field.  McCloud could make team as a returner but as a receiver he is behind the others. 

Me, I have no use for high-motor, lunch-pail WR's unless Tom Brady is my QB.