[edited title] Robert Foster, UDFA - Roster shot?

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The reports on Foster are getting worse and worse by the day. I thought he had a shot at a roster spot just because he was the only one with real speed to present a downfield threat, but the acquisition of Coleman shows he’s not cutting it. 

They got Coleman for nothing. Not sure it has anything to do with Foster.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The reports on Foster are getting worse and worse by the day. I thought he had a shot at a roster spot just because he was the only one with real speed to present a downfield threat, but the acquisition of Coleman shows he’s not cutting it. 

This is quite a story.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/07/28/robert-foster-and-alabama-crimson-tide-friend-died-shooting-buffalo-bills-training-camp/853493002/

47 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

This is quite a story.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/07/28/robert-foster-and-alabama-crimson-tide-friend-died-shooting-buffalo-bills-training-camp/853493002/

Coleman carries a dead cap hit of $3,548,863.

He may not have a top slot guaranteed but the money makes him a probable roster player.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Coleman carries a dead cap hit of $3,548,863.

He may not have a top slot guaranteed but the money makes him a probable roster player.

Sure looks that way. It will be interesting to see which WRs go to the PS.

9 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Sure looks that way. It will be interesting to see which WRs go to the PS.

After KB, Jones and Coleman I think all the rest are still questionable.

Lot's have Holmes locked as a ST'er but there are 4 preseason games for someone else to excel.

Bills probably keep 6 but who knows for sure.

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

After KB, Jones and Coleman I think all the rest are still questionable.

Lot's have Holmes locked as a ST'er but there are 4 preseason games for someone else to excel.

Bills probably keep 6 but who knows for sure.

Who is going to make it as a WR/special team ace?

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He is dropping EVERYTHING.  Don't think he makes it out of first cuts :(

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Lot of Foster tweets.  You sure you didn't intend this for Sky Diver?  LOL

It would be nice to get some reports on Coleman catching some deep balls starting this weekend.

Yeah this thread about him having a shot at the roster?

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Cut this bum now.  No heart at all, stopping on a route, not laying out for catchable balls.  Last time we saw a receiver quit this bad in a preseason game was Da'Rick watching as that pick 6 went right by him in Indy.

They knew when they signed Foster that his playing experience was minimal. 

They signed him because he has something uncoachable - that speed.

Given no first cuts this year, my guess would be he stays through the 2nd game.  They will watch film with him, they will coach him, and they'll see if he's able to improve based on that coaching.  If the answer seems to be "no", then as other guys become available around the league, yeah, he's a candidate for shedding.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Given no first cuts this year, my guess would be he stays through the 2nd game.  They will watch film with him, they will coach him, and they'll see if he's able to improve based on that coaching.  If the answer seems to be "no", then as other guys become available around the league, yeah, he's a candidate for shedding.

You can't coach heart, and he showed none tonight.  Maybe the light comes on, and he gets a Grinchy moment and his heart grows 3 times that day, but I doubt it.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes and if they think he can correct the weak spots with some work he has a shot at the practice squad.